Finally

Man of my dreams

Junmyeon walked away from their encounter dazed and slightly lightheaded.

Did that really just happen? Yifan is here, right now...

The whole situation made him feel kind of emotional, it was real, those dreams that had felt like real life were real, well not wholly real but real enough. He clutched Yifans business card to his chest, his heart was beating really fast, but he knew he had to compose himself before he went back to his desk.


Yifan waited outside the room briefly to make his re-entry of the room seem more natural and not like he'd just met someone he liked. He went in and sat back down to discuss their business some more, luckily Xiaozhu was there to take notes because he wasn't really listening, he was thinking about Junmyeon and how cute he looks in reality. He had to pull himself back from such thoughts to stop himself from smiling like an idiot.


The rest of the day had passed in a haze from his encounter with Yifan, he practically floated home, a feeling of excitement bubbling in his chest as he neared his appartment, knowing that he'd be able to call Yifan.

Once he had gotten in he resolved to put off calling straight away in order to change into something more comfortable because he felt as if they'd be on the phone for hours. 


Yifan had been back home for hours staring at his work phone, waiting for Junmyeon to call while Xiaozhu was making a start at unpacking their kitchen supplies so they could actually have something to eat. 

The phone rang.


After changing into sweatpants, t-shirt and hoodie Junmyeon sat down on his bed and dialed the number on the card.


'Hi, Junmyeon?' Yifan was trying to act like he didn't jump up as soon as the phone rang.

'Hi, Yifan.' Junmyeon was trying to act like he wasn't shaking.

'Hi.'

'Hi.'

Junmyeon felt like his face was going to crack from smiling too hard

The two spent the next two hours happily discussing their lives; where they'd been born, their school, their jobs. Junmyeon felt a bit embarassed as a lowly office worker when Yifan was a wealthy business man who would inherit a fortune just for being who he is. 

It was as they were discussing their eduction that Yifan first brought up the dreams.

'Yeah, and like the teacher was so horrible, she only liked like two or three of the class and despised the rest of us! Ah actually it was her, you know the one in the first dream?'

'Yeah...' Junmyeon suddenly felt cold, he knew about the ghost but Yifan didn't.

'When I really think about it a lot of the places in the dreams were in my hometown.' 

What does this all mean? I'm being haunted by a ghost that's showing me someone else's life...

He chose to avoid the subject almost completely and started to tell a story about one of his friends rather dramatic fall off the stage during a school play. The conversation carried on smoothly as they each tried to one up each other with stories of adventures during their early 20's. It was almost perfect, if it weren't for the sense of dread eating at Junmyeon throughout.

'So you really have never worked a real case before?' Yifan almost couldn't believe it.

'Well kind of, I'm  working a case at the minute... But it'll probably be the only one I ever do.' Junmyeon didn't really want to talk about Madam Lobelle but he guessed he would have to.

'Really? That's great, I know you can't give the details but what is it about.' 

'Madam Lobelle...'

'What? Like actual Madam Lobelle! That's amazing like I love her so much!' 

'Well, she told me something the other day.' He took a deep breath. 'She told me that I'm being haunted.'

'Haunted?'

'By a Chinese ghost.' It sounded ridiculous as soon as he said it, he immediately regretted it.

'A...Chinese ghost?' Yifan sounded confused.

I really shouldn't have said that. What if the ghost comes after me?

'Okay...' Yifan paused, aftr a few seconds he sighed and laughed a little bit. 'I think I might know what's going on here, let's meet tomorrow and I'll tell you.'

'You do? What is it?' Junmyeon was incredibly relieved.

'It's easier to explain in person plus keeping you in suspense means you're more likely to see me tomorrow.'

Junmyeon wasn't sure whether to be flatered that Yifan wanted to see him or be annoyed that he was withholding possibly crucial information.

'Okay we can meet tomorrow but you have to tell me what's going on, deal?'

'Deal.'


Hello ~* Finally an update! 

Next time the mystery might finally be revealed~~~~*

Until then, goodbye ~(^^)~