Wu Yifan the business man

Man of my dreams

Yifan got in the back of his car, Xiaozhu closed the door behind him before circling around the car and getting into the drivers seat. 

'You're a bit later than usual, I was getting worried.' Xiaozhu pulled on his seatbelt and pulled out of the parking spot. 

'Yeah, I got caught up in a news story about that Korean psychic, Madam Lobelle.' Yifan rubbed the back of his neck, still feeling a bit tired. 

'Ah everyone's obsessed with her at the minute, she's amazing!' Xiaozhu looked at his drowsy boss and smiled. 'There's some construction on two of the motorways into the city so all the traffics been diverted to the other side of the city, should we stop for coffee to wake you up a bit?' 

Yifan pondered it for a moment. 

'Yeah, let's.' 


They arrived at the office building  with time to spare and a Starbucks in hand despite the minor setback earlier. The pair headed up to Yifans office in the lift. 

'What meetings do I have today?' Yifan sat down at his desk. 

'Only one, luckily, but it's with your brother about the Korean expansions of the company.' Xiaozhu looked over his notes for the day. 

'I thought we were scrapping the movement into the Korean market?' Yifan furrowed his brown whilst logging onto his computer. 

'They were but then your father decided that the company could make a lot from Korea so the plans are back on.' Xiaozhu sat down on the sofa in the office and flicked through the day befores invoices that he had grabbed off of his own desk outside Yifans office. 

'When was this decided?' 

'Yesterday I think, I got an email about it this morning, you'll probably have one too, but I chose not to say anything about because you seemed out of it on the way over here.' 

Truth be told Yifan still felt out of it, the events of the night before had put him in a bad mood. 

'Let me guess, my father wants me to be the one who goes to Korea?' Yifan raised one eyebrow and shot Xiaozhu a comical stare. 

Xiaozhu chuckled at his boss's amusing facial expression. 

'Yes, the plan is for you to head up the Korean expansion.' 

Yifansat back in his chair and sound around. 

'So that way if I do well one of the others can take over and if I fail all of the blame will be placed on my shoulders and I'll take the fall for it.'

He looked up at the ceiling in frustration. Ever since he came back to being a part of his fathers family he had to work harder than anyone else to keep face. His father had purposely given his 21 year old son with no experience a high position job, which years later he had managed to keep a hold of. He knew it had annoyed his father and brothers that he had actually improved the company in spite of them giving him more than he could handle alone. Luckily for him he had inherited his mothers way with people and getting them to rally around him and offer him the help he needed. 

He looked down at Xiaozhu, his friend of seven years. They had befriended eachother in the first few days of their university lives. Around the time Yifan turned 23 Xiaozhu had fallen on hard times when he lost his job once his company had been caught up in a big fraud case. Yifan, with a soft spot for his friends and the need for a personal assistant, hadn't hesitated to hire his friend. 

'I need to check my emails.' Xiaozhu got up and left Yifans office to go to his desk , just outside the door. He popped his head back in just before the door shut and said 'Shout if you need anything.' 

The meeting with his brother was at four so he had all day to try and do his work with the thought of it at the back of his mind. 


The meeting had come and gone leaving Yifan feeling three feet smaller. His brother had a way with words that made his own thoughts and feelings irrelevant. What had been decided, without much input from Yifan himself, was that Yifan and a few of his team would be going down to Korea and running the headquarters there. 

'How'd it go?' Xiaozhu was waiting for Yifan back in his office. 

'We're going to Korea.' 


Hey guys! It's a full chapter from Yifans perspective! I'm loving your comments! 

We're getting closer to Yifan and Junmyeon finally meeting in real life! 

See you next time!