Chapter 1

Never Mind

"Sunghye-ah" a male voice called out from behind me. I turn around to see my best friend Jungkook. He's wearing his usual outfit of a plain white shirt, blue jeans and tan work boats that seem to be very popular nowadays. He claims he started the trend but he just likes to boast his ego.

"Yes Jungkook-ah?" I tease back at him stopping my tracks for him to catch up with me.

"It's "Oppa" not "ah". I'm older than you." He complained causing me to laugh. He caught up to me he linked his arm with mine.

"By like 6 months." I rolled my eyes. I never understood why boys wanted to be called Oppa. "I could call you ahjusshi." He gasped and acted offended.

"You look pretty today, are you going on a date?" He asked pushing the bangs that rest right on my eyebrows to the side to see my whole face. "You're definitely going on a date today." He smiles at me.

"What girl wears her hair in a bun, a maroon hoodie, black leggings that have a hole in the knee and worn down Vans on a date Jungkook-ah?" I ask in a mocking tone. I look down at my outfit that and pull down my hoodie slightly out of a nervous habit.

"Maybe a girl whose going for a guy who likes her for herself and not for looks?" Jungkook suggested.

"And who would that be?" I ask mockingly, but I didn't get an answer.

"Oh , we have to run we'll be late again." He looked down at his phone.

"Ill race you there." I yelled and as I darted in front of him knowing he'll win but it's worth the try. He just laughed as he ran to catch up.

"I swear you should join the Olympics." I huffed trying to catch my breath.

"Is it because I won... Again." Jungkook laughed as we walked into the Cafe we both worked at. It was small but rather busy seeing that it's almost winter. We both plopped down at a table to catch our breaths seeming we got there just before we had to clock on.

"Sunghye-ah!" Our manager Jin called from the back. "Can you come to my office for a second." Jin waved at me to come over. For someone who's only 23 he has a lot of things going for him. He acts like he's just a manager but in reality he actually owns the cafe. He has broad shoulders and a very pretty face. You can only imagine the girls who line up to come and see him.

"Yes sir." I called from my seat. I gave Jungkook a reassuring look as I get up. Jin usually never calls anyone too his office... Unless it's bad, But nevertheless I follow his orders and met him in his office. Something was off. Okay not something but someone. It was a boy with bright green hair almost as if it was mint with very pale skin. He was very slender and sat with his back against the chairs with his legs spread wide shaking his right leg violently.

"Sunghye-ah I would like you to meet Yoongi." Jin smiled at me leaving me to smile back. "As of today you will be training him, show him the ropes and teach him everything." Jin instructed me an I nodded. "I'll leave you with Sunghye, Yoongi, and if you have any don't be afraid to ask her, she the best here." Yoongi only nodded. It was a brief but the the atmosphere was awkward and everyone was quiet.

"Alright let's get started Yoongi..." I wasn't sure how to address him. He seemed older than me but in reality everyone did. He also was shorter than Jungkook so it left me confused.

"Ahhh." Manager Jin caught on. "Yoongi is older than you. He's 22." He mouthed to me and I gave him a slight nod.

"Yoongi-ssi." I corrected myself. He only stared back. I couldn't read his expression. I couldn't tell if he was daydreaming or if he was judging me.

"Well..." I started "what do you know about making coffee or anything at a cafe for that matter." I laugh trying to break the awkward atmosphere that was suffocating.

"Absolutely nothing." He answered back in a deep but soft voice. At least we know he can talk.

"Well first..." I grabbed two aprons "you'll need one of these." I smiled and handed him his and he just nodded and put his on. In the back you can see Jungkook watching us cautiously trying to make an opinion about Yoongi most likely.

It took about three hours to teach Yoongi how to do almost everything. He seemed to catch on quick which was a good thing. But he didn't talk much. We only talked about how to set up the coffee maker and I had him take several orders so he could get a feel for it. I sent Yoongi to go clear of tables which he did without hesitation.

"How's teaching the delinquent going?" Jungkook asked behind me causing me to jump.

"Shhhhh.... He could hear you." I whispered at Jungkook causing him to laugh at me. "Also don't talk bad about him. You don't know him at all."

"Neither do you." Jungkook fought back. I rolled my eyes as I watched Yoongi wipe down tables.

"There are a bunch of rumors going around about him from the other employees." Jungkook watched him as well. "Like I heard he's from Daegu but he killed a man and he got..."

"Yes Jungkook-ah, you said it yourself, Just. rumors. So knock it off." I threatened Jungkook raising my fist at him.

"Sunghye-ah..." Yoongi called from the other side of counter which startled me.

"Ahh... Yes Yoongi-ssi?" I asked him trying to laugh off the fact that he startled me.

"Where would I put these dirty dishes?" Yoongi asked lifting up dirty cups to show me.

"Oh the sink in the back...I'll show you were it is." I insisted as I start walking towards the back to show me.


"Here it is." I showed him. He placed the dishes in the giant tub then turned around to face me.

"Sunghye-ah..." He called. He walks towards me. I walk back slowly but my back hits the wall where he pins me back. Holding my arms at my sides.

"Yes..?" I asked slightly frightened not sure what his intentions were. He looks down at my lips and back at my eyes. His eyes were like daggers stabbing at mine.

"Look at you..." Yoongi chuckles "so quick to defend me but look at you, you're trembling. How Pathetic." He lets me go. And starts walking towards the door.

"What?" I asked not exactly sure what happened.

"Tell you're friend to mind his own damn business." He called back at me leaving the room.

I stared at a wall across from me for a good five minutes trying to comprehend what happened. Jungkook entered the back room pausing in his tracks.

"Sunghye-ah... What happened?" He walked towards me. I look at Jungkook snapping out of my trans.

"Oh..." I started. I didn't want to make Jungkook hate Yoongi anymore then he seems too so I lied, "there was a spider."

"There was?" Jungkook asked turning to look at the wall "I don't see one."

"It ran off," I laughed trying to play it off as if it was nothing. "You know... I just hate those things. Let's go back upfront." I smile as Jungkook lead the way. As we got to the front it was Yoongi was taking orders and another employee made them.

"Jungkook-ah! Sunghye-ah!" A familiar voice called out to us. Our close friends Jimin and Taehyung walked up to the counter smiling like the dorks they are. Jungkook and I knew Jimin and Taehyung since we were kids. They're a year older than us but they both act younger than us.

"One Americano for me." Taehyung told Yoongi. Yoongi looked Taehyung up and down and took his order.

"As for me I'll keep it simple with just one hot chocolate." Jimin also told Yoongi, Yoongi repeated his earlier actions as he took Jimin's order.

"The total is $5 even." Yoongi stated staring at the two.

"I'll pay hyung." Taehyung stated pulling out his wallet but Jimin cut him off and handed Yoongi a 5.

Jungkook handed the two boys the drinks before Yoongi could call out the order.

"What are you boys up to today?" I asked seeing Taehyungs eyes light up when I ask.

"Well we're going to a dog park but we wanted to see if you will be free tonight." Taehyung smiled

"That sounds fun I must admit." I answered "but I can't I have classes tonight."

"Can't you skip your dancing classes just for tonight? Please?" Jimin begged trying to do ayego to get me to break.

"I'm sorry." I pouted "but how about I come over afterwards?" I suggested

"Okay!" Taehyung and Jimin lightened up in unison. You could sense Jin watching us from the back. Not that he cares if we're talking to the customers but because he doesn't like Taeyhung. Taehyung gets loud and disrupts customers and he also broke a flower pot once so he's on high watch as soon as he enters the building.

"Jungkook will be there too~" Taehyung teases in a whisper causing me to hit him. It's not really a secret anymore that I liked Jungkook. He was my first love but it broke after he dated my friend Soojung. It didn't last long but I was so hurt by it I wouldn't talk to him for a month.

"Sunghye-ah, Jungkook-ah, Yoongi-ah, you all can clock off." Jin calls out to us making a surprise entrance.

"Hello, SeokJin Hyung!" Taehyung called out waving to Jin. Jin slightly waved avoiding eye contact and walked back to his office. I take of my apron and I pause behind Yoongi looking at his phone. The contact said "RapMonster." That's a weird name.

"Namjoon. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. See you then." Yoongi ends his phone call almost as fast as he started it. He turns around to look at me but I dart over to the door were Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin were standing be fore he could say anything and we headed out.

Dance class only took about an hour because our Instructor was sick. As I walked out I was stopped by a boy in my class who was the best dancer in there by far.

"Sunghye-ah, right?" He asked smiling at me.

"Yes and you're....?" I responded

"I'm Hoseok. You dance really well I thought I should tell you that." He smiled. I was taken back by his kind words. "Are you doing anything tonight?"

"I'm going to hang out with some friends, why?" I ask him curiously.

"That's perfect." He smiles and handed me a card. "A few friends and I are having a cypher at this club and you should bring your friends. To fill up the place."

"A cypher?" I ask confused.

"Yeah it's were rappers rap on the same track. Come check it out." He waved and he ran off probably try to get to the club. I look down at the card interested in what the cypher was and texted Jimin to have him and the boys meet me at this club. Jimin sent me an okay and I started to walk in the direction Hoseok ran in to get to this club.

The three boys met me inside and sat at the small table I was at. It seemed like the came at the perfect time because the show began.

"How did you find this place?" Jungkook yelled across the table.
"A boy in my dance class told me too come." I yelled back "Apparently him and a few friends are performing a cypher."

"What is a Cypher?" Jimin chimed in.

"It's when multiple rappers rap on the same track." Taehyung and I answer in almost perfect unison. How did Taehyung know what a cypher was?

"I like rap." Taehyung shurged answering my unasked question.

The man who was first on the stage has a very deep voice. His hair is platinum blond and he had sunglasses on. He was also wearing a plain white shirt and dark blue skinny jeans and black low top converse. he has a lanky posture about him but nevertheless he was attractive.

"Hello everyone thank you for coming out tonight." He spoke in his deep voice as the whole room cheered. There had to be at least 100 people if not more in the room as it was packed. "I'm Rap Monster and I have two friends to introduce first off id like to call out J-hope." The how room cheered as the familiar face came out. It was Hoseok from my dance class in much different attire. At class he had a black wife beater on with gray sweatpants, black Nikes and a black SnapBack where now he has a different black hat on with I red towel on his head, a black long sleeve shirt, black jeans but it seems to be the same Nikes. He had a genuine smile on him that fits his long face as soon as he spotted me his smile grew wider and he waved causing me to laugh and wave back.

"Hello everyone! It's your hope, it's your angel, it's jhope." Hoseok introduced himself causing everyone to laugh and cheer together.

"Alright, alright..." Rap Monster called back for everyone's attention "and now for the ladies favorite.... AYO SUGAAA." The whole room went wild even I was cheering until I saw the recognizable Mint green hair. It was Min Yoongi, the intolerable, disrespectful boy who just so happens to now work with me. His and my eyes locked together causing an awkward atmosphere between us that no one else could feel besides Jungkook.

"This is going to be fun." Jungkook spit almost ironically.

 

 

 

FIRST CHAPTER IS DONE. I know some things aren't correct and I could use better grammar and blah blah blah but I worked really hard so please give me some credit. I mainly want to write this in Sunghye's POV but if I don't will most definitely let you guys know whose POV it is if I do someone else's. I have 3 questions actually.
1. What should I name the cafe?
2. Should I make a plot with Soojung the girl who dated Jungkook?
3.did you guys even want anyone's POV and if so who?
Thank you so much for reading chapter 1!