huh?

Was this meant to be?

I looked around to check the time and I was still safe. 7:30 am. I quickly ran around the huge room of a wardrobe, trying my best to find the cheapest clothes that was in there. Fifteen minutes passed and all that was cheap were a pair of short skirt that was around mid thigh length and a really cute t-shirt, that I would never have the courage to wear to school. Nevertheless looking at the time there was no time to fuss over clothes. I quickly put them on and reached out for one of the many sneakers that was placed on the stack of shelves on one part of the wall. As I left the room, some maids were waiting outside the door.

“Madam, master is waiting in the dining hall in the main building.” One of the maids informed.

They looked at me and gestured in a way that was kind yet with a tone of rush. I was rushing but was worried about what happened to my normal clothes, after a long attempt to find it, it seemed obvious that it wasn’t anywhere to be seen. So sadly, I went into the huge room of a wardrobe. Walked through the labeled sections of clothes that cost more than a million dollars, yet again it might have been given free since he is rich. In the end I picked up something that was inevitable according to the clothes that were in the room. A dress, I mean I don’t want to wear a dress even if it is a Chanel or a McQueen design. The disgrace that will be in my life is more than enough now wearing something that shows my large shoulder and my excess fat and muscle. I’ll probably end up looking a drag queen knowing me.

So I put on the cream colored, body tight simple dress that was Chanel and put on a pair of cream and white colored puma sandals. Took a quick glance in the mirror and told myself I don’t look too bad.

The butler was still his calm and happy self and his little moustache that was partially grey.

“It’s rare for master to let a girl stay in her house, I am glad that he has such an interesting girlfriend.” He said.

“Oh, no no, I am not his girlfriend we’re just very good friends.” I said getting a bit flustered.

In return the old man laughed with his old husky voice that seemed to be very mature. After we had walked for a bit, we stood in front of another huge door but this was made out of vintage oak wood with original and modern designs. Consisting of entwining swirls and sharp turns, some appeared to be moving; some even seemed like animals like dragons, mystical beasts and beautiful wild cats. As the door opened from the other side there was a nice dining table filled with different types of breakfast, full English, traditional Korean, and traditional Japanese. All of the fragrances came straight at me, the subtle smell of sardines, the light essence of kimchi and the strong smell of bacon all mixed in, showing their special features and trying to do their best to catch the attention of the eater.

TOP was sitting at the head of the table and there was a chair placed next to him on his right. He was already starting to eat, I guess I made him wait for food.

“Sorry for wait!” I said, in English. Since I had gotten bored of speaking Korean all the time, plus he needs to get better in English.

He smirked and finished the food that was in his mouth, “Aah, the fighter is finally here. Come on and sit down, we have to go catch the school bus in about thirty minutes.”

I smirked and walked towards the table of food, they looked really nice, and the bright colors seemed to just leap up at me. The plates were placed near the end and even though it made me feel like a pig, I filled up the plate with Korean and Japanese side dished and a bowl full of Japanese sticky rice just the way I like it. TOP’s face was funny and cute, since it was my first time ever seeing his laugh. However, he was trying to hide it, which obviously meant that he was laughing at me. I wasn’t very happy until I looked down at my plate, which then explained a lot. It was literally mounded with rice.

“Do you think you can eat that in 10 minutes?” he asked, still trying to stop himself from laughing.

“You just watch me!” I said with pride.

Furthermore, to make myself embarrass myself even more, I actually ended up eating everything that I had in front of me, sardines, kimchi, rice all eaten by me in just ten minutes.

We walked up to where the bus stopped near TOP’s house and he kept on looking at me with open eyes, sometimes even raising and eyebrow at me. Occasionally he would give a sigh of disgrace or grunt in thought. That was ok but everything went downhill when he slapped me on the back.

“YAH! What the hell do you think you’re doing huh? You’ve been grunting and sighing all the time! Give me a break.” Even though I shouted at the top of my voice he said nothing and just walked by me, still thinking about something. It just seemed to be strange sometimes, because whenever he was at an interview or a game show in Korea he was always a charismatic manly figure, but when his off stage man alive is he different. His like many other guys, completely hard to understand. One minute their nice, another very deep in thought and well at other times they just seem to be in a whole new world of their own. Still hi is better than all of these European guys, I mean they only have two things on their heads. Hot body and , well the hooligans have that in their heads anyway. To be honest that’s nothing to brag about but some of them do and it really worries me of what they will end up like in the future, if the government was to stop supplying people with council flats? I mean what will they have in life? Apart from few skills that they half learnt in high school, which won’t give you much help when you’re trying to get a job. If they were to concentrate and study a little bit more during classes most of them could probably get even smarter than me. I mean they’re already in top classes for a lot of subjects. Even when they do not studying.

So image what they would be like when they are trying to learn something. Just treat them with some hypnosis and they will as smart as Einstein.

While I was thinking about people that are immature in my head it seemed like we had already reached the bus stop and TOP stopped me from behind. He seemed to have come back from his little trip to wonder land.

“So you came back then?” I asked as a joke.

“What do you mean? I was seriously worried about you when you started eating that much! You do know eating that much can damage you right?” he said.

“Yeah right! Then why’d you slap my shoulder?”

“There was a spider I killed it.” He said in return with an innocent look on his face.

I still wasn’t too sure in believing in him but still went on to continue with my little rant on why he should tell me first before slapping my shoulder since it was kind of random and I get angry quickly. We were talking and when I checked the time we still had ten minutes, it was kind of annoying since I could have eaten my food slower and enjoyed it a bit more you know? Now I am just stuffed and don’t even know what each of them tasted like. Well I do but not that well. The produce was fresh and the chef was a very good one, maybe even up to a professional standard.

A figure came walking towards us, as soon as that figures started to wave as if we hadn’t seen each other for years it was obvious that it was my weird by a good friend Maddy.

“Hey! What took you so long? If you we’re to come any later the bus might have come!” I shouted into the distance.

“Yeah I know, but you know what? My breakfast is probably worth the wait to catch the next bus!” she said with an energetic smile.

“I wish I could have said the same, but this guy over here had to make me rush all my lovely food in ten minutes flat, he was timing it and everything!” I said with a pout.

“Believe you me I was sure that there was enough food on that plate to feed a whole family!” TOP said from my left.

Maddy looked at me surprised, but I knew it wasn’t because of the breakfast but more of the fact that I was wearing a dress.

“Argh I knew it! This dress looks really bad on me right?” I said with my hand covering my face.

“Uh-uh, you my friend look amazing! Why don’t wear more things like this?” she said with awe in her eyes.

“Well she does look nice.” said TOP cheekily, as he gave me a silly look.

Maddy then looked at me giving me a stare of amaze. It was funny really since it’s usually her showing off to me but not really in a rude way but more of a subconscious instinct you could call it I guess. As we waited the last five minutes for the bus Maddy kept on nudging me on the shoulder or giving me kidney jabs which nearly always made me kick her. But as time sluggishly moved, it was hard to break the overwhelming power of this invisible enemy called Silence. Every few seconds Maddy or TOP would try to make a joke but failed to make a conversation out of it.

So when the bus arrived I could tell that everyone was pleased that we could be quiet even if the excuse was they we’re tired or fake sleeping on the bus, now all there was left to get through was school and to see if those chavs had the bravery to come to school for another day and provoke me once again.