Harsh Realities and Torrid Kisses

A Beautiful Mess

 

'Ohfff…’ I sat up making the water in tub splash and flow out. I covered my mouth with both my hands to prevent any screams from escaping. Even though I was alone, screaming my head off would make the neighbors rush into the house or call the police.

Yunho?! Jung Yunho?! It was just a dream right? A crazy dream. Yeah, that’s right. A dream. Nothing more.

But why did it feel so real? Why did it have to happen to me? Why me? Of all the people in the world who deserve to be punished… why me?! What have I done to deserve this? I pray every single day, God! Why are You doing this to me?

I tried to remind myself that I didn’t care anymore. That night was way behind me and was meant to be forgotten. But no! That bastard had to come back from the dead to rub it in my face.

Like a VCR on crack, scenes from ‘that dream’ flashed before me again. I received a major blow from reality. I snapped my eyes open and held on to the sides of the tub.

Yunho was the one who picked me up from the couch in the VIP room. Jaejoong wanted me to stay but Yunho insisted on taking me home. Yunho carried me to my room…

‘Get me out of these clothes.’ I said.

Another major blow hit me. I felt like I was being beaten up. If I was, I would have probably broken every bone in my body. I would probably be bleeding on the floor… waiting to die.

I kicked the drain making the water spiral into the hole on the tub. Relaxation is over.

Time to get back up and kick reality in the--

~*~*~

I didn’t mean to eavesdrop. I don’t eavesdrop. I just happen to hear stuff I’m not supposed to hear. I don’t listen to other people’s conversations. That’s very impolite… I still have my manners, you know…

But of course I’m lying.

I was gripping on the banister, almost squashing my face between the spaces. I could feel my ears pumping just like those cartoon characters on TV shows.

The Guys just had a ‘reunion lunch’. When they were finished, I offered to do the dishes. As soon as I was done, I headed to my room to surf the net. But hearing their conversations made me get out to hear better. Man… These guys can argue about anything and decide whose point makes more sense in 5 minutes flat.

They weren’t as mad at Yunho as I thought they would be. In fact, they weren’t mad at all.

I was still mad at him… for very many reasons actually…

“That Jooeun girl was hot.”
“She’s okay…”
“Okay?! You call ‘that’ okay?!”

He disappeared. He didn’t call. He didn’t care. He comes back. He’s forgiven by The Guys. He’s an instant celebrity because of his new ‘hot’ lady friend, Kwon Jooeun.

“Yah, Yunho hyung... Why didn’t you tell us you had a hot girlfriend?”
“She’s not my girlfriend.”
“Is it because she works for you?”
“She works with me. Not for me. And that’s not the reason…”
“Then what is?”

He denies their obvious relationship. He denies his true feelings. He lies. He lies. He lies.

“Because she’s just… not my type…”
“Quit lying to us, hyung. You were all over each other last night! I bet you guys have had--”
“NO!”
“Are you going to use that ‘we agreed to wait’ crap again with us, Yunho hyung? You don’t get any action!”
“I don’t need action to be happy, Park Yoochun.”
“Action makes every man happy, Jung Yunho.”
“Amen, Yoochun!”

The Guys focus too much on him. He pretends he doesn’t care.

“I admit she’s ‘hot’ but--”
“What’s stopping you from taking her, you wuss? She’s obviously interested in you. If you’re not going to make a move maybe I will.”
“Go ahead. I don’t care…”
“He’s testing you, Junsu. Don’t fall for it.”
“I’m not! Go ahead… do whatever you want. Just don’t come crying to me when she turns you down…”

Damn you, Yunho. God damn you.

“Hyung. Can you feel that?”
“Feel what?”
“I think someone’s watching us.”

Oh snap. Run, stupid, RUN! I got on my feet and turned for the bedroom door.

“Are you getting another one of your psychic power episodes again, Changmin?”
“I’m serious, hyung! Someone’s really watching us.”

Changmin… you will have your day with me.

“Sunmi-ah! Get down here!” Yoochun bellowed.

I turned around, went down the stairs, and tried to put on a quiet, I’m-not-guilty face. “Yeh, oppa?” I asked.

“Get us the wine in the fridge.” He continued.

I let out a breath of relief. Thank God! “Okay.” I agreed and headed for the kitchen. I wanted to ask why. It was early in the afternoon and they want to drink wine?

I bent down, looking for the wine bottle in the fridge. Halmuni isn’t a big fan of white wine so I’m sure they’re asking for red. “How can something as big as a wine bottle go missing?” I muttered.

“Maybe it’s hiding from you.”

I straightened my back in shock upon hearing the intruder’s voice. I knew who it was… he was the last person I wanted to see.

“Look harder.” Yunho said, crossing his arms in front of him while leaning on the fridge’s side. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to look.

“I missed you.” He said. “What?” I shot my head up. “I missed you. A lot.” He averted his gaze elsewhere as he cleared his throat. “Do you... do you still remember the night you went to the club?” he asked.

Oh my freaking God.

“Why?” I replied trying to sound cool. I held the cold bottle by its neck and closed the fridge door. I walked towards the counter and placed the sweating bottle there. Yunho followed behind me as I did. “I just want to know if you remember anything… being… intoxicated and all.” He explained. I turned to the opposite counter to get the corkscrew and grabbed five wine glasses from the dishwasher: three on my right and two on my left and the corkscrew. When I turned around, my face was suddenly a centimeter away from Yunho’s.

“So. Do you remember anything?” I wanted to push him away but these damn glasses would break if I did. He looked straight into my eyes.

They were exactly the same as the ones on my ‘dream’. I stared back.

Dark brown…

Hazel…

Green

Blue…

It all came back to me. The images became more vivid. The puzzle pieces fit perfectly now.

It wasn’t a dream. It was REAL. Really real.

I swallowed hard. “I guess you d--” “I remember.” I cut him off.

There was a look of shock in his face but it soon faded away and was replaced by a smirk. “You remember everything?” He asked. “Not clearly…” I hesitated. “You know what you asked me to do, right?” he turned his head to the living room as if to check if anyone was going to barge in on us. “What do you think?” I replied wryly. He took the hint on my tone and responded with a weak smile.

He was still close to me. I could feel his jeans against my legs. He took the glasses from my hands leaving only one on each hand plus the corkscrew. He leaned forward…

I closed my eyes and swallowed hard.

“I regret not going any further...” He whispered into my ear.

I immediately pushed him away. He lost his balance making him stumble backwards but the opposite counter caught him. The pans overhead clanged and the glasses in his hands clinked.

“Go to hell…” I stormed out of the kitchen and into the living room. I placed the glasses on the coffee table and threw the corkscrew across the surface. “The wine’s at the counter.” I said coldly before going back up to my room. “Sunmi--” I heard Yunho call. I slammed the door cutting him off a possible apology or an ‘I was only kidding’ take back.

He can apologize. He can say he was only kidding. But he’s already said it…

Nothing he can do can take that back.

I collapsed on my bed in an attempt to calm my nerves down. I closed my eyes and took in deep, cleansing breaths.

After a long time pondering, I decided to leave the issue alone. Sure, I was mad at Yunho. Since when have I not been mad at him? It was exhausting trying to get through his mind and soon… I felt my eyes get heavy…

~*~*~

I felt my bed sink as of someone was beside me. I felt an arm snake across my stomach and held me tight in an embrace. I kept my eyes shut tight.

I’m dreaming. I’m dreaming. I’m dreaming.

“Sunmi…”

A deep voice called my name. “Sunmi ah.”

Jaejoong oppa??

I felt his hot breath against my neck. He breathed in, taking the scent of my hair. He moved closer leaving no space between us. I could feel his entire body against my back. “Sunmi.” He continued.

He brushed away a lock of hair from my face. He kissed my cheek.

“Yah, Sunmi …”

How can my name sound so good when he’s saying it? I fluttered my eyes open and met his angelic face. I turned and laid on my back. He smiled.

“Good evening.” He greeted me. I could wake up to this everyday. He took his arm back and used the other to support his weight. “Your brother isn’t home.” He said as I lay there frozen. What is he trying to say? “He told me to take care of you while he was away.”

“Where is he?” I asked trying not to stutter. “That doesn’t matter…” He threw himself on top of me, straddling me on either side. “We’re all alone now.” He leaned closer towards me. “I like you, Sunmi… I like you a lot.”

I felt his lips against mine. I could taste wine in them. He was drunk…

But I didn’t mind.

I closed my eyes, savoring his taste… the moment. I pulled him closer and deepened the kiss. My mouth went completely arid. I parted my lips and allowed him to enter. His tongue danced with mine skillfully.

He trailed soft kisses from my lips to my neck and down to my collarbone. My fingers were lost in his hair. I tilted my head back for him to get more access. His hands wandered all over me. He found his way under my shirt and caressed my abdomen. He traced the underwire of my bra but didn’t touch the skin it was concealing.

I wrapped one leg over his feeling the fabric of his jeans. I felt his hips grind against mine.

“Jaejoong…” A moan escaped my lips.

He moved back to my lips. I took my chance to enter his mouth. He felt so good. He was grinding harder against me as I moved in sync with him.

It was amazing. I was in heaven. I didn’t want it to end.

I wanted to feel more of him… and I’m sure he wanted to feel more of me too. But something held me back. Not that it felt wrong… but because it would be all too soon.

“Sunmi…” he groaned as he lightly on the skin of my neck. I knew that was going to leave a mark. He hungrily kissed every inch of my shoulders to my neck. I kissed his jawline all the way to his neck. I heard him moan…

Nothing sounded so sweet.

“I’ve always wanted you, Sunmi. Always…”

~*~*~

Rriiiiiiinnnng. Ring.

‘What?’

Rriiiiiiinnnng. Ring.

‘Shut up.’

Rriiiiiiinnnng. Ring.

‘Leave me alone, .’

Rriiiiiiinnnng. Ring.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. The screen glared at me. The caller ID was blurry but I was 90% sure it said ‘YunJerk DO NOT ANSWER’. Above it was ’2:09am’. “.” He was probably drunk dialing or rolled over his phone while he was ing Perfect Jooeun. I don’t want to pick it up. I hate his voice. I hate his face. I hate his ed up eyes. I threw the phone to a random corner and buried my face in the pillows. I felt Jaejoong’s embrace tighten around my waist as if asking me to stay.

I placed my hand over his and kept him close.

I couldn’t wish for anything more.