Chapter 19: Parting Gifts

A Beautiful Mess

 

 
“Good morning!” Yunho greeted as soon as I peeked out of the shower. He threw me a towel and continued to wash his face.
 
I caught the towel despite my grogginess and the fact that Yunho's undying hotness is before me.
 
Mornings are best spent with someone you love.
 
We moved back to his apartment after a lengthy argument with Halmuni. She was insisting that we got out of her house and spent quality 'couple time'. Yoochun, on the other hand, insisted for us to stay so he could keep an eye on me.
 
We followed Halmuni. Yunho gave a substantial speech about being Yoochun's hyung and how I'm old enough to know right from wrong. Oh the glory that is Jung Yunho!
 
“I'll wait for you outside, okay?” I replied upon wrapping the towel around my body.
 
“See you.” Yunho approached me and kissed my cheek. I felt his skin graze mine for a second. My entire system buzzed making me blush at his simple gesture.
 
I exited the bathroom as soon as I heard the shower run. I realized most of my bags were packed. I was leaving tomorrow.
 
Damn it.
 
I opened one suitcase to get clean underwear and zipped it shut again. I raided Yunho's closet for a hoodie and wore it. The jacket covered a little over one-fourth of my legs yet I felt warmer than ever.
 
I left the bedroom and was greeted by a very happy Typhoon by the doorway. I smiled and clapped my hands so he'd follow me to the living room. We joined each other on the couch. “Ty, I'm leaving tomorrow. Will you miss me?” I asked the dog while I played with his gray-black-white fur. He replied with an eager bark.
 
I heard the elevator.
 
The doorman only lets people who knew Yunho in this floor. “Who could that be, Ty?” I said. Typhoon came running to the source of the sound and I followed behind him.
 
“Hi.”
 
My heart skipped a beat upon hearing his greeting. What in the hell is he doing here?
 
“Jae--Jaejoong. Why... are you here?” I stumbled a few steps back.
 
“I already told you. I'm gonna make it up to you.” Jaejoong rose from petting Typhoon. “He still knows me. Don't you, Taepung?” Typhoon left running.
 
“Leave.” I gathered all my strength and tried to sound brave. “Yunho doesn't want you here so leave.”
 
“Are you sure he doesn't? Maybe... you don't want me here.” Jaejoong took a step towards me.
 
“I don't want to be anywhere near you.” I shook in fear but held on to my composure.
 
Jaejoong cornered me on the wall and leaned to whisper in my ear. He was just too quick for me.
 
“I'm near you right now. Are you still afraid, Sunmi?” His scent filled the air I breathed. He still smelled like expensive perfume and wine.
 
His eyes looked dull and stoned. They gave him away. They told me he was drunk and that he didn't get any sleep. He probably spent the night and the first half of the morning drinking.
 
I wanted to push him away but there was no space to move anymore... let alone breathe. He touched the edges of the jacket and pulled the zipper down by a few centimeters.
 
From there, Jaejoong's lips touched the bare skin of my shoulder. He slowly travelled upward, leaving kisses along my neck and shoulders. He was harsh despite the slowness. He forced me further against the wall when I tried to fight him off.
 
“Come back to me. Please. Just give me one more chance.” Jaejoong's voice seemed to shake with both desire and desperation.
 
I felt utterly disgusted and ashamed of what was happening. I didn't want this. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I choked them back but one escaped... followed by another... and another.
 
I struggled to remove him from me before he could reach my lips. With one forceful push, I was successful. I breathed heavily. My eyes blurred and my chest closed. I could feel my knees weakening.
 
It took forever for me to catch my breath and to control my sobs.I couldn't look at Jaejoong. Perhaps it was anger... or hate. I just couldn't find it in myself to see him.
 
“Get out of here. I don't ever want to see you again.” I spoke despite the lump in my throat.
 
“I love you, Sunmi.” Jaejoong looked straight at me, eyes piercing through me.
 
“Leave. Just--” I tried to push him but he only fell a few steps back. “Just go.”
 
He took a strong, painful grip of my wrist and raised it. “I love you.” He repeated with the same look in his eyes. “Can you not see that?”
 
“Leave now. I don't want you here. I don't want you in my life.” I was still sobbing. I beated his chest with all the strength left in me.
 
“Do you really want me to leave? Are you just going to forget about me, Sunmi?” Jaejoong's voice was soft yet it felt like he was screaming at me.
 
I fell on my knees unable to carry myself any longer. “Leave. Please. Just leave me alone.” Everytime I gasped for air it would be released as a sob. I could feel my lips trembling as I spoke. My hands were numb. My eyes were burning. My entire system just felt like giving up.
 
I've crashed on the bottom of all hell and darkness.
 
Jaejoong moved further from me. The elevator doors opened. I raised my head and found him inside, his arms on his sides and his eyes still burning.
 
“Don't tell Yunho.” Jaejoong said before the doors closed.
 
I sobbed harder. I couldn't breathe. I wanted it to end but I couldn't make myself stop. I shivered as a sudden rush of cold embraced me.
 
“Sunmi!!” I heard Yunho rush towards me. He knelt to my level and held me close.
 
I buried my face to his neck, still unable to stop crying. I pulled him closer. “Mi. Are you alright?” He asked with panic in his tone.
 
I couldn't answer nor did I want to. I wanted to say I was sorry. It was really my fault. I've turned their worlds upside-down. I've done them so much damage, it pains me knowing I did so. I'm the one to blame. I've caused all of this. I deserved to die.
 
“I hate him. I hate him. Why did he... Why?” I muffled my voice against the skin on his neck.
 
Yunho lifted me in his arms back to the bedroom, hushing me to stop crying and telling me everything was fine. His bare chest warmed me and heaved unrhythmically with my breathing. He laid me down on the matress but I refused to be removed from his embrace.
 
“Mi. I'm here.” He hushed then kissed the top of my head. “I'm always here.”
 
I grabbed on to his arms, digging my nails onto his skin. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to stop sobbing. Yunho would every so often hush and kiss me while he held me close. I listened to his heartbeat and it calmed me. The steadiness of it, the sound of him breathing... it put me in a place I'd always want to be.
 
Tears still fell from my eyes but it was easier to breath now. I took in his scent. I took in the feel of his skin. I sought comfort for all I felt. I found healing in him.
 
“Don't tell me what happened. It's okay if you don't speak.” He whispered. “Just stop crying.”
 
“Yun...” I looked up and saw his eyes. Had he been crying as well? “Yunho. Mian--”
 
He placed a finger on my lips. “Stop aplogizing. I'd always forgive you. You don't have to say you're sorry... there's nothing to be sorry about.” He said, looking straight into my eyes.
 
I kissed his lips. I just had to. He returned it the way usually would: surprised but pleased. “I love you. I don't want anything... or anyone to tear us apart.”I told Yunho between kisses.
 
“Nothing will, Mi. No one will.” He replied. He laid us slowly down on the matress, positioning my head upon a pillow. Once I was on my back, he broke our kiss and wiped away my tears, telling me to stop crying. I simply nodded.
 
He continued south targeting my neck and shoulders as if to heal what Jaejoong had done. He clutched my hand, lacing his fingers, taking away all the pain I felt. His other hand touched my knee: something he does to calm me down. He then kissed my forehead and touched his nose with mine.
 
“I'll take it all. Whatever he's done to you... whatever he's done to your heart... your soul. I'll heal you, Sunmi. I'll make it go away.” He kissed my lips. “I promise.”
 
I felt his hand on my knee travel nearer the hem of the jacket. His lips found the side of my neck. He caressed the skin of my thigh slowly. He set my hand free and ped the jacket. “Sshh. Stop crying.” He said, kissing every inch of my skin visible to him.
 
My tears stopped falling. My breathing became normal. I could move. I no longer felt numb.
 
I held him close. I knew what was about to happen. I wanted it. Needed it. Today is the day before I leave. I hated the fact but it was something I had to do. I wanted to have this. This may not be the last but it would be one more memory.
 
I removed the jacket from me. Yunho's hand slipped around my back and I felt my bra loosen. He pulled the piece of clothing off, casting it aside. He disappeared onto my chest. I gasped for air as I felt his lips on my skin.
 
He rid off his pants, never breaking contact. I clutched on the sheets for control but lost myself anyway. He rose up to meet my eyes. I felt our bodies touch. I knew we were meant to be. I always have. My skin upon his skin confirmed it.
 
He took a lock of hair away from my eyes before kissing me torridly on the lips. As if out of reflex, I allowed him to enter my mouth. He tasted like paradise. His hand was down south, teasing me. I moaned into his throat and he moaned into mine.
 
He broke our kiss and went straight to where his hand once was. He replaced the feel of his hand with his lips. I half screamed because of the familiar yet stronger sensation. I felt a surge travel from there, up my spine and spread throughout my body. My fingers were lost in his hair, my hips syncing with his mouth.
 
He lifted his chin and our eyes locked. He used his thumb to wipe the side of his mouth then claimed my lips. He rolled us over with me straddling him. He was starting to break into sweat while I've been perspiring since we started.
 
I kissed his lips, sliding my tongue in his mouth. He pushed my head to deepen the kiss. My mouth was arid and so was his. I broke the kiss and aimed for his neck. His shoulders. His chest. His stomach. My chest pressed against his crotch and he moaned my name.
 
I captured his mouth. “Let me take you in.” I whispered against his lips.
 
I went straight to my previous spot and took him in my mouth. I didn't think. I just let my mouth and tongue do whatever it wanted. It felt awesome knowing I was making him feel good. I felt him buck his hips. He was about to reach his peak. I removed my mouth from him. I made us connect... we were one. He growled with pleasure and pressed his hips against mine. I fell forward, holding on to the headboard. 
 
I rocked around his hips aimlessly. He kept up, meeting my every move.
 
“Dammit, Mi. Ugh.” Yunho groaned.
 
I closed my mouth onto his. “I love seeing you like this.” I smiled. His eyes were closed and his lips were slightly parted. I kissed him again. “Rock with me, Yun.”
 
I lead him and he followed. I was uncontrollably. My breaths were short and hurried. Yunho's hips bucked and raised. We reached our peaks together. I could see stars and my mind went completely blank, lost in ecstacy. I moved above Yunho faster and harder without me even knowing.
I screamed Yunho's name and collapsed on his chest. We breathed heavily, taking back everything we lost. I rolled next to him and he took me in his arms, kissing the top of my head.
 
I closed my eyes and relaxed in his embraced, letting the post-bliss waves pass. Though I was tired, I didn't mind.
 
I didn't mind at all.
 
~*~*~
Yunho and I were in bed, and kissing when we heard the ring from the elevators. I shot up and broke the kiss. I could feel that my brother was here.
 
“. Get dressed. It's Yoochun.” I jumped out of bed and wore Yunho's jacket.
 
“How do you know?” Yunho simply rose on his elbows.
 
“Mi! Yunho hyung!” Yoochun's voice echoed. Yunho's calmness was replaced by panic.
 
“See?” I smiled and zipped the jacket to my chin.
 
I sped out of the door to meet my brother.
 
“Mi, where's hyung? And why are you dressed like that?” Yoochun asked, his face painted with bewilderment.
 
“All my bags are packed.” I quickly thought of an excuse. “Yunho will be right out.”
 
On cue, Yunho stumbled in the hall with his shirt over his head and his arms struggling to get through the sleeves. When his little fashion show was over he smiled at my brother apologetically.
 
“I don't wanna hear it, Mi. No.” Yoochun held his hand to my face. “I'm here to check up on you. Don't explain just... let your oppa do his thing.”
 
Yoochun sat on the coffee table and gestured for Yunho and me to sit across him.
 
“I love you both, you know that right? First... Sunmi, you're old enough and hyung... well, you're really old. You know what you're doing and you have my blessing. Second, I'm still getting used to this. So please... Next time... put some clothes on. And third...” Yoochun sighed. His face disappointed and saddened. “Jaejoong hyung's gone again.”
 
Yunho grew stiff upon the very mention of
the name. I held is shoulder to press him down on the couch.
 
“We don't know where he is. He's probably going to follow Jooeun but we're not sure about that. But he did tell Changmin he went here to talk to you. Did he stop by?” Yoochun continued.
 
I felt Yunho's eyes on me. I blinked and swallowed the lump that grew in my throat. I parted my lips to speak but Yunho had spoken before me.
 
“Yes. He was here.” he said.
 
“What'd he say?” Yoochun asked.
 
“Nothing.” Yunho replied. “Nothing important. Isn't that right, Mi?”
 
I dared not speak. I didn't want to review the horrible, disgusting memory anymore. I nodded and faked a smile. Yoochun nodded, partly convinced and pulled his phone.
 
“Changmin, Junsu. Come on up.” Yoochun said into the phone.
 
“They're here?!” Yunho protested and got on his feet as if to charge at my brother.
 
The elevator doors ringed and the sound of shoes on the hardwood floors echoed in the narrow hall. Junsu's laugh and Changmin's voice both gave me relief and panic. Those were two contrasting things but who gives a damn.
 
“What's going on here?” Yunho demanded. He wanted privacy for the rest of the day. I understood why he was so upset. He gets pissed when things don't go according to plan.
 
I somehow didn't care what would happen. I knew they'd leave anyway. Yunho always gets what he wants in the end. Always.
 
“What's up, hyung! Sunmi, why are you dressed like that?” Junsu plopped down on the far right of couch.
 
“Hyung, where's Taepyung?” Changmin sat on the far left next to me. A small, furry, white ball wriggled in his embrace. I stared at it trying to guess what it was.
 
A tiny dog leapt out of his arms. The dog settled on my lap and looked right up at me with eager eyes. It barked and seemed to give me a smile.
 
“It's so adorable.” I lifted it off my lap to raise it to my face.
 
“That's Mang-doongie.” Changmin said. “My dog.”
 
“This is yours?” I asked in disbelief. I placed the dog back on my lap. It was so tiny I thought it would disappear into the jacket.
 
“Well... mine and my ex's. I fought for her when we broke up.” Changmin smiled. “We just agreed to take turns in taking care of her.”
 
“I still think it's dumb. You should've let Hannah have her. The children must stay with their mother even after a divorce. It's a law.” Yunho joined in, slightly cooling off.
 
“It's not like a custody battle, hyung! Hannah and I didn't get married. It's not like a divorce. We just broke up! Mang-doongie is not our child.” Changmin defended.
 
“Changmin! Your daughter will hear.” Junsu placed a finger over his lips. He was eventually knockout out by a pillow thrown by Changmin.
 
“Did you want me to call Taepyung so he can trample your precious little dog-child?”Another pillow was thrown. This time, at Yunho.
 
Typhoon came running from hall to the couch. He placed his front paws on the edge of the cushions and barked at the tiny dog on my lap. I panicked to save Mang-doongie. I sensed that Changmin was just as tensed. I held the tiny dog to my chest so as not to let Typhoon devour her.
 
“Ty! Shoo!” I commanded the bigger the dog. He seemed to ignore me and barked for a second time at tiny Mang-doongie. She barked back, jumped out of my arms and ran around the living room being chased by the Siberian Husky.
 
“He's not gonna trample her. He's not gonna eat her either. They're being dogs. Let them be.” Yoochun, all laxed and cool, said.
 
“If your dog does something to my Mang-doongie, hyung, I will seriously leak that video I took last summer.” Changmin pointed at Yunho, furrowing his brows to make his eyes look Tyra-Banks-fierce.
 
“Anyway!” Yoochun interrupted. “What are we gonna do to Jaejoong hyung?”
 
“Like we can do something. He's gone and we don't know where he went.” Junsu finally spoke. “It's not like we can just call Jooeun-sshi and ask her.”
 
We all shot him a look of amazement.
 
“What?” Junsu's voice vibrated in question.
 
“Your ignorance became a blessing for once, Su. Give me your phone.” I held my hand out, waiting for him to give me his cell. He pulled his phone out of his back pocket and gave it to me. I search for a Kwon Jooeun then pressed the green button. It rang twice before the other lone came to life.
 
“Junsu-sshi?” Jooeun's voice felt nostalgic to me. In some way I was glad to hear her voice. I put her on loudspeaker.
 
“It's Sunmi and... well, everyone. Hi.” I said followed by a united 'annyonghasaeyo' from the guys. “Do you, by any chance know, where Jaejoong is?”
 
“I don't know where he is. And... I don't care” Her voice was strained and gave that she was out of breath. Whatever the reason was, I could tell it was because of crying. “He broke up with me... just a few hours ago.”
 
“Broke up with you?” Junsu slightly shifted his postion to get closer to his phone.
 
“He's always liked Sunmi. I don't know what I got into. I didn't know what the hell I was thinking. I'm sorry, Sunmi. I'm sorry, you guys.” She sobbed and hiccuped. “Bye.”
 
We were all frozen. Our faces all expressed the same thing. Confusion and anger stirred in our systems.
 
My hand fell on my lap and I slumped on the back of the couch. Yunho was looking at me, I felt it. I stared at Junsu's phone, trying to comprehend what had just happened.
 
The worst was happening... and I don't know what to do.