...and Night

A Beautiful Mess

After a full day of just walking around and chatting over coffee, we decide to join Yunho at his club. He’s been there since we got to the city. Hanging out with The Guys lifted my spirits up. I wasn’t as mad as I was at them this morning. These guys really know how to carve their ways back into my good side.

It was only eight in the evening and the place was already jam-packed. A big disco ball hovered above the bar situated in the middle of the dance floor. The DJ booth was at a balcony overlooking the scene below. Roaming lights, loud music, the scent of expensive perfumes, sweat and alcohol and the immense energy from the crowd pumped my senses to the nth level.

“Welcome to Pilot.” Yunho greeted us, his smile wasn’t real nor undeceiving. God. What was up with him? “Same spot hyung?” Junsu pointed at another balcony. “Yeah. I reserved it for you guys.” Yunho replied and led us into the crowd. Jaejoong wrapped an arm around my waist. “Don’t get lost.” He said against my ear. I could feel his thumb against my skin as he slid it under the hem of my shirt. I tolerated his touches. Goddamn, I know I should file a lawsuit but I couldn’t… you could only call it ‘molestation’ or ‘ual harassment’ if you’re unwilling. That’s what made my case different. I wasn’t unwilling.

Yunho led us to a narrow spiral staircase. Jaejoong had to let me go but before he did, he my side roughly missing my chest. My skin tightened. I forgot everything my father told me to do when someone is ‘taking advantage’ of me. I didn’t run or scream . In fact, I almost pinned Jaejoong to wall and kissed him. What was I thinking?!?!?

Compared to the club proper, it was much quieter up here at the VIP room. I sat between Junsu and Jaejoong on a couch propped against the railings. Yoochun and Changmin sat on the couch against the wall. “I’ll have someone come up with the drinks. My tab.” Yunho announced. “Aren’t you gonna join us?” Jaejoong asked, swinging his arms on the backrest. Death glare alert… “I have other stuff to do.” Yunho replied and left completely.

In all honesty, I think this ‘rivalry’ of theirs was stupid and immature. Even though it was still very unclear tome, I know for a fact that Yunho had ‘given up’ on me, practically gave me away and accused me ruining his friendship with Jaejoong. He’d stand a chance if only he didn’t do that. Really he would…

A waiter came up the stairs with a tray of assorted drinks and beers. As soon as it was on the table, I took a random glass and drank nearly half of its contents. The warmth of the drink ran down my throat. ‘Men…’ I thought. ‘ing men…’

~*~*~

“Oh Christ! How many have you had?” Yoochun yelled. He just came form the dance floor but looked like we went through a stampede of rampaging idol group fangirls. “What’s seven times three?” I asked. It was either my lack of sobriety or I really forgot how to multiply. God… how did everyone in the room become better-looking than before?! And wow… I was seeing two Jaejoongs! “Twenty-one?! You’ve had twenty-one drinks?!” Yoochun continued to yell. “She’s alright, Yoochun. I watched over her.” Jaejoong defended. “You let her do this?!” my brother was pointing at me and was waving theatrically. “Chill out, Micky. Alright?” I sipped the last drop of my drink. I didn’t know what it was called but it tasted good. “You ordered three rounds of—What the hell?!” Yunho came up the stairs and held his stare at me. “Sunmi, are you okay?” He ran to me and knelt to my level. “I’m fine…” I slurred. “Hey, Yunho… do you really hate me that much?” I spat. I had no regrets… that way all this would be behind me. I’d know the truth and he’d stand a chance again. This was just a dream anyway… I can do whatever I want… “No. I don’t.” he answered plainly. I let out a small laugh. “Let’s get you home.” He took my arm to the back of his neck. “That won’t be necessary.” Jaejoong pinned my free hand on the couch. “She’s going home whether you like it or not.” Yunho stood taking me up with him, holding my waist for support. “Yoochun, come with me. Changmin, Junsu. Don’t let him follow us.”

~*~*~

“Slowly…”
”Don’t touch her there!”
”I don’t have a choice!”
”Just be careful with her, hyung. That’s my sister for chrissake!!”

“Let go of me… …” I groaned as Yunho supported the back of my knees with his forearm, preparing to lift me off the passenger’s seat. “”Don’t… touch me.” I tried to squirm but it made my head spin and my stomach flip. Yunho finally carried me in his arms. My limbs were hanging over them. I felt completely paralyzed. “Does she eat?! She’s too light.” Yunho ‘complained’. “Piss off…” I murmured. He paid me no mind. “I’ll let you slide just this once, Sunmi. Why the hell did Jaejoong hyung let her drink that much?! I told him to make her stop at a maximum of five!” Yoochun grumbled. “He was trying to get her drunk.” Yunho answered. “I’m awake! Hello? Are you aware of that?” I reminded them. “Next time this happens, Sunmi. I’m telling Appa and Umma.” He threatened as he opened the front door.

Yoochun the lights. I squinted because of their brightness. “Bring her to her room.” He requested as he made his way up the stairs. “Jesus… I can’t even look at her. Appa’s gonna kill me.” He slammed his bedroom door shut. “Aigoo…” Yunho sighed. “ you, Yoochun.” I groaned. “Watch your language, dongsaeng.” Yunho warned as he slowly climbed up the stairs. “I’m not your ing dongsaeng.” Yunho didn’t reply.

He managed to get my bedroom door opened even though his arms were fully occupied. Everything was just a blur. After kicking the door closed, he laid me down on the bed. My eyes were burning inside my head and I felt like throwing up as I tried to move any of my limbs. I failed. Why the hell am I paralyzed!? “Lock the door.” I moaned. This was the bad side of getting wasted: The After-Effects.

“W-What?” Yunho asked skeptically. “Lock. The. Damn. Door.” I stated slowly. He hesitantly complied and took one step closer to me. “How am I gonna get out?” he asked. I took a deep breath. Instead of getting fresh air, the smell of perfume, alcohol and sweat entered my nostrils.

“Get me out of these clothes.” I said to him. “NO!” he protested. “Could you tone it down, ? I’m having a migraine…” I carped. “No…” he said softly. My head hurts too much so I couldn’t argue. I felt like I was in a broken rollercoaster causing me to throw up in my mouth a little. “Please. Just do this for me. Just… this once.” I managed to say. I struggled to lie on my side. I kept my eyes on Yunho no matter how heavy they were. He looked defeated as he moved to where I was facing. “If Yoochun finds out--” I had to cut him short. “He won’t.” I assured him. Yunho’s tall built blocked my view of Jaejoong’s bedroom window. He knelt before me and slid an arm through my side. He picked me up and took my legs off the mattress to the edge of the bed.

I realized I still had my shoes on. He held my body close to his as he removed one low-heeled shoe after the other. He kept a fair distance between our faces to prevent them from touching. He was looking straight into my eyes. I had no choice but to look back in his. He looked nervous as he slowly reached for the hem of my shirt. He loosened his support on the small of my back causing me almost fall back on the mattress. He caught me just in time.

“Are you sure you can’t do this on your own?” he said nervously. I shook my head. That was no lie. All I could do was talk, blink and breathe. I felt him exhale sharply. He took my shirt off in one quick motion with his eyes shut tight. He opened them only to meet mine. He dropped the shirt on the floor and laid me back down on the bed slowly crosswise with my legs on the edge of the mattress. He sat on his heels and carefully undid the button and ped the fly of my jeans. He tore the pair off my numb legs. Something about his touch caused my skin to tighten. My heart began to race. It wanted to escape my chest . I prayed… I wished Yunho didn’t hear my heart beat. I could see traces of sweat on his forehead as he knelt down again, meeting my stare.

He slid his arm under my back and picked me up. Just when he was going to lay me down on the bed… “Wait.” I said weakly. “Take… take everything off.” I felt so hot, I felt like I was in a sauna. I was sweating bullets for some reason. He looked at me, confused. “Are you sure?” he asked. “Yes.” I answered him. He let out a breath to calm himself. It met my collarbone making my shiver. His hand went up my spine as he reached for the back of my bra. He snapped the hooks with his nimble fingers. He tore off the lacey garment from my shoulder and off my arms. He never looked away. He stared straight into my eyes as I stared back into his. They were dark brown but if you looked closer you’d see a hint of hazel in them. You’d see green and blue if you looked deeper and beyond that… I’d never know…

Something was hiding beneath that glistening surface. I needed to find out what was concealed in the haze.

Yunho’s hand my side slowly and delicately. His thumb found the waistband of my lower garment. His nail lightly scratched my skin as he removed it. He lifted my hips and removed my last piece of clothing, allowing it to drop to my ankle and on to the carpeted floor.

At this point, I was sure he’d break our stares. I was certain he would let his eyes roam over my bare body, burning my skin with that intense stare.

He would take advantage of my vulnerability…

He would touch me…

Kiss me…

Make love to me…

I knew he would… and for a moment…

I wanted him to.

But he didn’t. He fixed his gaze on mine. I thought all men were erts and would take any opportunity to see a woman . He wasn’t like those men. He focused on nothing else but my eyes. I wonder what he saw that made him stare so deeply into them. I wonder if he saw my secrets and desires. I wonder if he saw right through me… if he saw what I wanted him to do.

He embraced me as he made me stand on both feet as he peeled away a portion of the sheets away from the mattress. He laid me down and pulled the sheets up to my chest. He averted his gaze as soon as I was under the warm of the thick fabrics. I closed my eyes… it just wasn’t worth seeing anything else anymore. I saw the entire world in his eyes already… hiding deep in the shadows of Jung Yunho’s eyes.

“Good night,Sunmi.” I heard him whisper. I opened my eyes but found myself in darkness. I heard the door close.

He was gone...