Ninjas and Hot Dudes

A Beautiful Mess

 

“Here we are!”
 
Yunho announced as he pulled over. Halmuni’s house never changed. The swings I used to ride while Yunho pushed me were still there. The porch was still missing a step because of that time Junsu, Changmin and I decided to experiment on my harabuji’s [grandfather’s] ‘fireworks’ which turned out to be small dynamites. The lawn still had bushes of different kinds of flowers Jaejoong and Yoochun would sniff to get allergies whenever they didn’t feel like going to school. Everything was still there. I stepped out of the car seeing how small the place had become. It was my world in 70 square meters of land. “Welcome back.” Junsu greeted as he placed his arm around my shoulder. “YAH!” Yoochun called, pointing at my best friend’s arm. “Mianhae. [Sorry]” Junsu apologized sheepishly and unhooked his arm around me. Junsu and I shared a laugh before helping out with the bags.
 
Yunho already unloaded most of the luggage from the trunk. I took my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. “How are we going to get in?” I asked to no one in particular. “I’ll handle it.” Yunho said. How can he make that statement sound so annoying? We all took the baggage to the porch and waited for Yunho to take action. He jumped on one of the walls that served as a fence around the house then leapt for the roof. He did it effortlessly. “Be careful up there.” Yoochun warned him. I decided to look for a key just in case Yunho the Wanna-be Ninja falls, cracks his skull and becomes retarded. “What are you doing?” Junsu asked as I went down on my knees in front of the pots that lined the porch. “Looking for a key.” I answered. I spotted something shiny beside a bonsai plant. ‘Gotcha.’ I whispered as I reached for it. I was just about to put the key in the doorknob when it was opened by Yunho. “It’s a little too late for that, don’t you think?” he pointed at the key. His hair was messed up and traces of dirt stained his shirt. “Score one for me, Yunho the ninja.” I shimmied into the house. I found that it was only the outside that didn’t change at all. It was like Halmuni’s house was made-over by a TV show. “Look! Halmuni installed a router!” Yoochun pointed at the device. Excellent. I don’t have to go to Internet cafés to keep in touch.
 
“I’m taking the guest room!” Yoochun made a run for the stairs like a kid exploring a toy store. “That’s what coffee does to him.” I told Junsu. “I can see that.” Junsu replied not taking his eyes off my brother who was running around in circles, searching for the guest room. “AH! I’m lost!” Yoochun ran to a different direction and disappeared followed by a loud clang. “Found it…” he yelled faintly. I covered my face in embarrassment. “I’ll check up on him…” Yunho managed to say between chortles and took Yoochun's luggage with him as he made his way up the stairs. “Let me help you with your things.” Junsu offered. “Thanks. How do you manage to carry so much stuff so easily?” I said as I readjusted the backpack on my aching shoulder. Junsu flexed his bicep and smiled. “That’s why.” He said.
 
He carefully placed my things behind the door as I explored my new room. I didn’t have a view but it was fine… I didn’t have to worry about people watching me while I was dressing up. Which reminds me… I really needed a shower. I’ve been in these clothes for twenty hours. I turned and found Junsu still standing by my doorway. “I have to freshen up.” I informed him. “Okay.” He sat down on the bed. “Junsu, I said I have to freshen up.” I repeated. It took him a while to understand. “Oh! Yeah… that’s right. I’ll be downstairs.” He stood to leave. “Bye…” He said and closed the door. I let out a small laugh and sat on my bed. I turned to the lone window on my right and saw what seemed to be the of a man. I stared for a while and waited for the man to turn around. I leaned forward to get a better view. The man turned around making me fall off the bed. I crawled to the windowsill to get closer.
 
Oh.
My.
God.
 
He had to be the hottest guy I have ever seen in my life. He was like a god on earth. No human being was blessed with such a gorgeous body. Not to mention that angelic face of his! His dark brown hair was still dripping wet meaning he just came from the shower. I knew that what I was doing was wrong but I just couldn’t help it. It was like a rule my mind had to follow: If you see a hot dude dressing up in front of you 10 feet away, you look, Park Sunmi. You stare and drool.
 
Once Mr. Hot Dude had a shirt on, it just wasn’t worth watching anymore so I headed for the shower. As I was undressing, images of him flashed before my eyes. Damn it. It had a major hot dude sighting hangover. I closed my eyes but the images just became clearer. Then it occurred to me… holy .
 
‘IT WAS JAEJOONG!’
 
~*~*~
 
I got out of the shower after a good 45 minutes. I had to get my clothes out of my suitcase with just a towel on. I made sure that the door was locked and that the curtains were closed as I changed. Once I was fully dressed and presentable I unlocked the door and went out. Yoochun, Junsu and Yunho were in the living room chatting. “Oh, she’s here! Jaejoong hyung, come look!” Junsu announced. Jaejoong was here?! I nervously went to the living room praying I just misheard his name. “Sunmi!” I found myself in the arms I was just fantasizing about. It really was Kim Jaejoong! Damn it, Sunmi… goddammit. “Yoochun, I’m sorry to have to say this in front of you but, your dongsaeng is hot.” Jaejoong praised. Did he just call me ‘hot’? “You’re a model now, aren’t you?” he continued. I was blushing deeply now. First he says I’m hot now he’s telling me I look like a model? My dreams are coming true.
 
I have always had a crush on Kim Jaejoong. Ever since I was four, I’ve been asking my umma and appa if I could marry him. They thought I was just joking… but I wasn’t. I wanted to marry Jaejoong and become Mrs. Kim and have his kids and we’d live happily ever after. I never had the chance to tell him I liked him and I plan to never let him know.
 
“Thanks…” I managed to reply. I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear to keep it off my eyes. “Our Sunmi is so pretty!” Jaejoong pinched my cheeks slightly. He hugged me again afterwards. I took this moment to allow my senses to embrace his every feature. He had a toned built so his arms nearly crushed me. He pulled away and studied me. “Ah, I still can’t get over it.” He pulled me into his arms once more. “Okay. That’s enough.” Yunho sounded irritated. “Sit down, Sunmi.” He continued. Jaejoong held my hand and led me to a seat next to him. I could sense Yunho’s eyes pierce through his shades. What was up with him? “Why is he acting up?” I asked
Junsu who was already sitting next to me. He looked at Yunho first then me, “I--- I don’t know.” He stuttered. I could feel the heat coming from Yunho’s direction. As much as I didn’t want to, I had to let Jaejoong’s hand go. “I think you guys should relax a bit for the rest of the day. You must be tired.” Jaejoong said with great concern in his tone. Yoochun nodded. I was bushed myself. “Yah, Sunmi. You wanna go somewhere tomorrow?” Junsu asked. “It’s too early for the beach so… take me to the city.” I suggested. “Great. We’ll go to my club afterwards.” Yunho intervened. “Yunho here co-owns a club at the city. It isn’t far from the mall. We’d get there as soon as it opens.” Jaejoong hooked his arm around my shoulder as he spoke. I felt that intense death glare come from Yunho again.
 
“I have to go. I still have stuff to do.” Yunho stood to leave. “Hyung! Wait for me! I don’t have a ride!” Junsu was about to follow him but turned back. I kissed him on the cheek before he left. “Sunmi-sshi.” Jaejoong turned to me. Our faces were a hairsbreadth from touching. “You take care, okay? I have to go too.” He said as he unhooked his arm and smiled at me. I accompanied him to the door.
 
“Don’t go peeking at your neighbor while he’s dressing up next time. He’ll be forced to do the same to you too.” he said followed by a knowing wink.
 
I am so screwed.