the double date

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09. the double date

It's been a week since Dahyun and Momo announced they were dating, yet both of their groups are still not accustomed to their sweet stares and skinship. Mina has finally agreed to be friends with Momo again after their sincere conversation after school...

Flashback:

Mina got on the bus and saw Momo there, sitting alone with her earphones in one ear, and the other on her lap. Her lead was leaned against the window and her eyes were closed. Mina didn't want to wake her up, but she needed to have a word with Momo. It was time.

"Momo, let's talk," Mina spoke as she sat on the empty seat next to the blonde. Momo opened her eyes and immediately flinched from shock upon seeing Mina in front of her. She maintained a poker face that hid the happiness she felt at the moment. Her plan was finally working.

"Why, Mina?"

"Do you really love her?" Mina asked straight to the point. Before she could accept everything around her, she wanted to know. She was determined to know what Momo's intentions really were.

Momo smiled and nodded, "Yes. It's up to you if you want to believe me or not, but I really do... love her."  She sincerely spoke.

Mina nodded slowly, "Okay..." They sat in silence before Mina spoke up again.."I'm sorry, Momo. You can't blame me for having my doubts. I never saw you two together, so... it just doesn't make sense that you two are dating out of the blue."

Momo stared at her and shook her head, "I understand. Dahyun and I have been friends for a long time, but we decided to keep our friendship a secret. When we finally realized each other's feelings, we couldn't hide it anymore, so... this happened." She laughed and scratched the back of her head shyly. Mina finally smiled, her seriousness being pushed aside.

"I really missed you," Mina said out of the blue. Momo's smile faded away and she looked into Mina's eyes. They were sincere and soft. Momo always felt weak when Mina looked at her like this. 

"I avoided you because I didn't want to get involved with your gang activities, but I didn't know that losing you would be worse," Mina admitted. She sighed, "Are you still-"

Momo chuckled, "I quit a long time ago. When you left me, I decided to stop. It wasn't easy, you know."

Mina looked at her in disbelief, "A-Are you serious?"

The blonde nodded, "I was going to tell you, but... I saw how happy you were with Nayeon. When you replaced me with her, I was a bit disappointed in you. I didn't think you'd befriend a delinquent after pushing me away." Momo joked.

Mina frowned, "Nayeon's not as bad as you think. And also... I never replaced you. She's my friend, but you're like a sister to me."

Momo pouted, "Hmph, nope. More like, I was your first love."

Mina gave her a weird look while Momo playfully winked at her in response. The two burst into laughter and Mina slapped her shoulder, "Until now, you still haven't changed. You're still a total flirt."

End of flashback.

 

"So are you two up for it?" Momo grinned. Mina and Nayeon were both sitting in front of the blonde who had suggested a plan to make her new girlfriend happy. Mina looked at Nayeon and shyly looked back down on her own hands, "But we're not dating..."

Nayeon felt disappointed upon hearing that, but it was true. She knew Mina could never like her in the way she did. At least, not now.

"I know that... But just because I said double date doesn't mean it has to be romantic for both couples. It can be a friendly date for you two. Just please come with us? Dahyun really wants our first date to be at Everland but Mina, you know I don't like rides." Momo insisted. 

Mina sighed, "But I can't ride either."

"That's the point! When Dahyun wants to ride, Nayeon... you can ride with her."

Nayeon raised an eyebrow, "Then, what's the point of that? It'll be like you two are dating." She spoke up in annoyance. She felt jealous just by the thought of Momo and Mina spending time together alone while she was with her ex.

Momo smirked and shook her head, keeping her thoughts to herself. Mina raised her eyebrow, "What are you talking about? I'll be with you most of the time... just not on the rides."

The older girl wanted to tell Mina so badly about her and Dahyun's past, but for some reason, she felt hesitant on doing so. She wanted to tell her, "Yes, Mina. There's something wrong. As much as possible, I want to avoid having to spend time with Dahyun alone because it's awkward. It's awkward because she's my ex and I feel like they're trying to pull us apart."

But instead, she pressed her lips together and secretly glared at Momo. She had a feeling that Momo was taking Mina away from her and she didn't like it. Yet her pride was always bigger than her own conscience. She made her decision.

The brunette sighed in defeat, "Fine. So we'll meet up at Everland, 7 PM?" 

Momo nodded happily and Mina just smiled. She held Nayeon's hand under the table and gave her a look of assurance. Nayeon forced a smile back.

Mina, you're so dense. If only you knew the real reason why I feel nervous whenever Momo's around. I can see in her eyes that she secretly likes you. I don't care for the fact that she's with Dahyun. All I know is that she has something up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter