the stupid fool

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13. the stupid fool

Mina wasn't one to give in so easily. That's what Nayeon realized when the latter chose to sleep on the floor rather than on the bed that could obviously fit at least three people. Nayeon, with a toothbrush hanging by her foamy mouth, silently observed the girl's small frame from the door. She couldn't describe how much she missed hugging that girl. Her tiny frame was so fragile that if you wrapped your arms around it too tight, it would struggle to break free. 

Nayeon went back to the bathroom to rinse , feeling a sudden urge to get back there and hug the girl she misses so much.

As she removed the towel from her head, she squeezed the remaining drops of water which held her locks together. She looked at herself in the mirror and nodded. That's right, Nayeon. You can't avoid her forever.

Once Nayeon made her way to the room, she placed herself on the floor, next to Mina's back facing hers. She bit her lip and wondered if Mina was already asleep. But no, Mina was wide awake as an owl would be. Nayeon slightly turned around and noticed Mina mirroring her own actions. She shyly turned back around as Mina did.

"I can't believe this," Jungyeon muttered from the door.

Sana silently chuckled from behind her, "Mina's quite stubborn, eh?"

"No, I beg to differ. It's all Nayeon - she's the older one here. She should take the initiative." 

As if Nayeon could hear Jungyeon's last statement, she finally decided to act like a grown woman and made another attempt to start a conversation...

"Listen, Mina... I..." 

She didn't expect Mina to interrupt her, but still... the whole conversation felt empty as her voice slightly echoed within the walls. Mina was listening. She slowly opened her eyes and waited.

After what it seemed like an eternity, Nayeon finally spoke again.

"I'm sorry," She softly continued.

"... I was immature, I know that. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you just because you don't feel the same way."

Mina's eyebrows met at the center, Wait, what?

"Yes, I do like you. I always have. But I took it for granted and somehow thought I could get you to like me back even though the line between us was clear. But please... stop giving me false hope. If you don't like me, please- stop smiling at me like that."

Mina's shoulders sunk. She felt guilty and at the same time, she knew what Nayeon meant. She wanted to tell Nayeon so badly that she likes her too. But it wasn't easy to trust; fear got ahead of her decisions.

Nayeon took a deep breath and turned 90 degrees to face Mina's back. She slowly wrapped her arms around the younger girl's waist and buried her face into her shoulder. She inhaled her scent and sighed, "Please, say something."


Mina swallowed hard and slowly turned around to face the older girl, who still had her arms around her waist. She pulled her closer, causing Mina to let out a small squeal of shock.

Nayeon stared deeply into her eyes and leaned her forehead against hers.

"I..." Mina sighed and closed her eyes, not wanting to say this while staring into Nayeon's eyes, "... I do like you. But I'm afraid. I don't like the fact that you're making me fall too hard. I don't want to get too attached to you because I'm afraid you'll leave me. I'm afraid of trusting my heart to someone because of what my mother did. Most of all, I don't want to be like my mother. After she left us because of a female coworker, I despised her so much that I refused to become like her in any aspect."

"Mina, just because your mother is a lesbian... it doesn't mean every lesbian is like that. Not all lesbians are homewreckers. Take me, for example," Nayeon spoke, completely ignoring the fact that Mina had just confessed to her.

Mina slowly opened her eyes and once she realized that Nayeon had been staring at her all this time, she turned red. Her heartbeat continued to increase at every second that passed by where only silence was traded between them.

"Can you let me love you?"

Mina took a deep breath and pressed her lips against Nayeon's, answering her previous question without words. Nayeon deepened the kiss and as it slowly escalated, she wrapped her arms around the younger girl's neck passionately. Mina moaned as Nayeon asked for entrance and she gave in.

As Nayeon felt Mina's breath hitch, she finally broke the kiss and let out a sigh, feeling overwhelmed by what had just happened. Nayeon's lips slowly stretched out into a smile,

"Is that a yes?"

Mina placed one last peck on her lips, "What do you think?"

 


Dahyun was lying on the bed, watching Momo on her phone, sitting on the opposite side of her. She cleared awkwardly, trying to catch Momo's attention. However, the older one of the two refused to acknowledge her and remained focused on her phone's home screen.

"Are you just gonna look at your phone the whole night?"

 

Momo rolled her eyes, "Are you gonna remain silent the whole night, grumbling about how you couldn't sleep next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter