the player: tzuyu

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06. the player: tzuyu

a chaetzu special

For the past week, Momo's been unusually focused on something else other than food during lunch. Even Sana catches the continuous glances Momo makes towards the table where Mina was sitting. Although she wasn't particularly staring at Mina like she would usually do. In fact, her eyes have been set to the almond-eyed girl always sitting in front of the two lovebirds. She reminded Momo of her own self. She knew that look too well- that distant, yet longing look that sets everything straight.

"Hey, Tzuyu- can you do something for me?" Momo calmly spoke, still drilling holes down the intriguing, mysterious girl with her own eyes.

"Sure, what does it involve?" The youngest cluelessly spoke as she chewed the last bite of her sandwich. Sana gave Momo a strange but curious look. Momo just smirked in confidence,

"It's time for you to use your flirting skills again. Get whatever you can out of Chaeyoung. I need to know who Dahyun is in Nayeon's life."

 

Tzuyu smiled as she saw her target. To be honest, Tzuyu also liked Chaeyoung in a way that nobody knew. Although she's a player, that doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't like anybody. And that somebody is indeed the infamous rapper of their school.

"Lights, camera, action-" Tzuyu whispered to herself in English as she purposely bumped into Chaeyoung from behind. Just as planned, her books fell on the ground and Chaeyoung, being the kind person she was, instinctively apologized and helped her.

"I should be saying sorry," Tzuyu smiled charmingly and joined in with picking up her books. Feeling a surge of confidence, she suddenly laid her hand on top of Chaeyoung's. It took only one touch, just one touch, to melt the once-charismatic rapper.

"Your hands are soft..." Tzuyu spoke in her cute voice, making Chaeyoung's heart skip a beat. "Um, h-here." She stood up and gave Tzuyu her books. The Taiwanese goddess smiled and quickly landed a kiss on Chaeyoung's already reddened cheek.

"W-why did you kiss me?" Chaeyoung awkwardly muttered, avoiding the younger girl's eyes. She pretended to be weirded out by the girl's prior action, but deep inside she felt her heartbeat failing to decrease in pace. Tzuyu giggled, "I can't hug you or anything because my arms are full. So, just take it as a thank you."

"Mm," Chaeyoung pretended to be uninterested as she walked away. Tzuyu pouted in the realization that she, THE Taiwanese goddess who is chased by so many boys (and girls) is currently being rejected. This can't end like this... She thought.

"O-Ow! Chaeyoung unnie, my ankle!"

As if it was a reflex, Chaeyoung turned around within a second after her call for help. Without hesitation, she approached Tzuyu in worry, "Are you okay?"

"No... My ankle suddenly started to hurt. Can you walk me to the nurse?"

Chaeyoung had a class to go to in about five minutes, but she didn't want Tzuyu to break a bone or anything, so she just decided to go with it. She silently swung Tzuyu's arm around her to support the younger girl and in response, the latter just smiled, trying to hide her giddy feeling inside.

 

As they made their way toward the office, Tzuyu felt anxious at the thought of getting discovered by the nurse. "Ah, it hurts... can we stop for a second?" Tzuyu pretended to flinch in pain, which actually worked on the older girl. They sat down on the stairs and Tzuyu decided to start with the plan.

"Chaeyoung unnie, can I ask you a question?"

The older between the two just nodded in silence. Tzuyu mentally prepared herself before proceeding with her strange question, "Does Dahyun like you?"

Chaeyoung cocked an eyebrow and finally turned her head to face Tzuyu's own, "What kind of question is that? Wait, is this some kind of prank?" She blurted out in confusion. Tzuyu bit her lip as her face slowly turned red from embarrassment, "No... I'm just curious. Can't you just answer my question?" She pouted, finally letting out her winning card- her deadly aegyo.

"No, she doesn't. Happy?"

"Then who?" Tzuyu asked, not letting another second of silence pass by. Chaeyoung was taken aback from her short an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter