the indecisive girl

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12. the indecisive girl

Read this to avoid confusion! Bold words are said in Japanese~ 

 

"Nayeon, why do you keep avoiding me?" Mina blurted indecisively, her steps becoming quicker by each step. Nayeon sighed and turned around with her hands on her hips, "You don't know me after all. How can you be so indecisive?"

"How can you be so indecisive? Can't you see that I like you?" Mina retorted back, feel impatient with Nayeon's stubbornness.

Nayeon sighed, "I'm sorry, Mina. You're just a friend to me. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Wake up, wake up! Rise and shine~ Hey! Are you still sleeping?!"

Mina sprang up in shock, causing her head to clash with the headboard placed a foot above her head. She groaned and rubbed her head, trying to ease the pain. Her shoulders sank as the events from yesterday replayed in her mind...

 

No Nayeon... it's not what you think! Mina thought in panic.

Nayeon slowly turned around and walked to the opposite direction, not able to watch the scene any longer. Mina pushed Momo away angrily and made an attempt to run after her but failed miserably when Momo hopped behind her back.

Mina groaned and harshly detached Momo's arms wrapped around her neck.

"What was that for?!"

Momo pouted as if she didn't know the whole reason behind Mina's anger. She frowned, feeling annoyed with the way Mina scolded her like a child, "Why are you so angry all of a sudden?"

Mina huffed in disbelief and stomped away from Momo, not wanting to yell at her. The girl knew how bad her anger can get so it was best if she decided to just cool down for the meantime.

However, Momo knew the younger girl too well. She wanted to change the situation a little bit this time around.

"I see... you like her."

Mina stopped in her tracks and felt her heartbeat slowing down. Her thoughts were racing through her mind. Thoughts of escaping her cruel reality, thoughts of realization, thoughts of lying to herself when she could clearly see the truth unraveling before her very own eyes...

"So you do,"

Mina turned around and looked in Momo's uncomprehensible eyes. She was seeing double now: a Momo that had a poker face and a Momo that was smirking in victory.

"My advice to you is... don't." Mina felt her eye twitch in confusion. Momo approached her and took the situation for advantage, "She will just break your heart. I think she already has... can't you see, Mina? Ever since Jungyeon came, she's been avoiding you. What do you think that means?"

"...You were just a replacement for her. She saw Jungyeon in you and now that Jungyeon's back... she doesn't need you anymore."

 

Mina felt her eyes b with tears subconsciously as the events replayed in her mind, No... No... I fell into my own trap... For the first time, I let my heart decide. This foolish heart took away all the logic I prepared ever since my mother left me. I promised that I wasn't going to let my heart control me. I'm a fool, a lovesick fool. I'm just like my mother.

Without even realizing it, I fell for her. I accepted it wholeheartedly. The reason why I even considered chasing after her... the reason why I befriended her even though our personalities were so different... the reason why I chose to stay by her side - 

It's all because of these stupid feelings... these stupid feelings that always end up causing me pain.


"You're awake! We're late, so hurry up!" Sana appeared at her door already dressed up in spring fashion. It was late March, the weather was great. Mina took a glance at the window behind her. It was sunny outside. She felt her heartbeat increase in anticipation. 

"Alright, I'll be ready in 10 minutes."

 

 

Mina had been avoiding Momo ever since the incident and everyone can see that. The blonde feels guilty but she knows she has to do this in order for her plan to succeed. She isn't doing this just for her own good. She's doing it for Dahyun.

As the girls took their seats in the jet, Mina immediately grabbed a spot near the window directly behind Nayeon grabbing Sana along with her. The latter looked at her in bafflement but nonetheless, she sat next to her. Mina looked outside the window, feeling Momo's eyes on her. She didn't look away.

Momo sighed and continued to walk to the other end, taking Tzuyu with her.

Sana frowned, "Did something happen between you two?" She muttered in Japanese. Mina shook her head silently.

"What about... bunny teeth?" She continued to speak in Japanese in case Jungyeon and Nayeon were listening to their conversation. Mina raised an eyebrow, "Bunny teeth?"

Sana tilted her head towards Nayeon's direction which made Mina look in front of her. Simultaneously, she wishes she had never done that. Nayeon was laughing so hard that she even hit Jungyeon's shoulder playfully. Nayeon never laughed like that around me... She always seemed so serious. She treated me almost like a small cat that she wanted to protect 24/7. Unknown to Mina, the older girl did that because she loves her. Nayeon treated everyone the same- except for Mina... because Mina is special. 

"No, nothing happened," Mina answered seriously with no signs of faltering.

"Want to sit next to her?" Sana asked out of the blue. Mina blinked and shook her head immediately, "I'm good."

"Well, I know you'd rather sit next to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter