the happily ever after... or is it?

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19.2 the happily ever after... or is it?

"C-Chaeyoung? What are you doing here?" Mina asked nervously, anxious of how her close friend would react to her hugging Nayeon, her ex. Ever since Dahyun had told Chaeyoung everything, the younger girl had distanced herself from Nayeon and stood by Mina's side in hopes that one extra friend would help her stay strong. And she did. 

However, as a result, Nayeon and Chaeyoung's friendship had a crack in it and the older girl knew the reason why. She could not blame Chaeyoung; she was the one at fault.

Nayeon slowly removed her arms from Mina as she heard the familiar voice behind her. She turned around and as her eyes met Chaeyoung's, she felt goosebumps form throughout her body. She could still feel the awkwardness between them. She had cheated on two of her friends- there was absolutely no reason for Chaeyoung to keep tolerating her inability to make up her mind.

But it's been a year... could Chaeyoung possibly have forgiven her by now, especially since Mina has too?

The shortest girl's next actions proved otherwise.

"Mina, I missed you!" Chaeyoung immediately turned her attention to Mina and threw her arms around the flustered girl. Mina was not used to this Chaeyoung; the younger girl was usually as casual as she could be. She was never one to touch her friends often, whether it was just a simple hug or linking arms... it was just not her forte. 

Mina awkwardly smiled as her eyes met Nayeon's confused ones. Nayeon was not even jealous - she was just baffled with how her friend completely ignored her presence and in addition, showed extreme affection towards Mina.

Could they be...dating? Nayeon thought of the one thing that has been bothering her since the moment Chaeyoung entered the cafe, wearing something she would wear to a date.

"I missed you too, Chaengi," Mina replied, indecisively adding fuel to the fire in Nayeon's heart. "Chaengi?" Nayeon finally blurted out in disgust and disbelief.

Chaeyoung broke the hug and glanced at Nayeon with slight sass, "Yes, that's me. Why?"

"N-Nothing," Nayeon replied before taking a seat a few seconds later. Since Mina had earlier chosen a table for 4, Chaeyoung and Mina sat side by side, while Nayeon sat on the opposite side by herself. It killed her to see them giggling to themselves, not sharing whatever was so hilarious that Nayeon wouldn't understand.

"So... how have you been, Mina?" Nayeon started a conversation out of the blue. Chaeyoung smirked, "You don't care for me, I see."

"I only care for people who acknowledge my existence." Nayeon bitterly replied back, remembering the scene from earlier. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and suddenly exchanged serious eye contact with Mina who held her hand from under the table.

Mina looked at her as if her eyes were saying, "it's okay, I'm okay now".

The younger girl sighed and leaned back in her seat, feeling frustrated with Mina's personality that was too kind for her own good.

"I've been well, Nayeon-ssi. You?" Mina replied politely as if talking to a complete stranger. Nayeon bitterly smiled, "Not so well... at least, without you by my side."

Secretly, Nayeon took out the proposal ring she had kept in her bag this whole time. She was ready to ask for Mina's hand. After an entire year, she concluded that there was no one else she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

Chaeyoung opened , ready to spill her coffee on Nayeon's face until Mina's voice rose to the table.

"Sorry, Nayeon," Mina spoke softly. That killed Nayeon. Mina's soft voice always caused her whole body to turn weak as melted ice cream under the bright sunlight. And even more, when Mina apologized with that soft voice of hers...

It caused Nayeon to die slowly.

"Sorry for what?" Nayeon laughed nervously, anxious of the 2nd rejection heading her way.

Before Mina could even reply, Chaeyoung held Mina's hand and held it up to the height of their shoulders. The youngest girl at the table smirked at Nayeon, trying to quicken the process. This isn't the Nayeon I know... she's w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter