the drunken kiss

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14. the drunken kiss

 

Momo was slowly losing hope. The rain wasn't as strong as before, but it was still drizzling. Just when she was about to give up, she noticed a small figure curled up into a ball with arms hugging her knees to her chest, her feet barely overlapping the thin surface of the bench she was sitting on.

"Dahyun..." Momo muttered her breath. She dashed within seconds and immediately lifted Dahyun's head up. The girl's eyes were closed; Dahyun couldn't even open them to meet Momo's own anxious pair.  As her whole body trembled, the weak girl couldn't afford to speak from the chattering of her teeth.

 

Momo carried her like a bride without any further discussion while Dahyun buried her face into the older girl's collarbone. The blonde girl could feel her warm breath and that sent chills down her spine. She couldn't tell if it was the cold weather or the fact that this was the closest they've ever been.

As Momo arrived at Jungyeon's house, the girls immediately rushed towards them but Momo was only focused on placing Dahyun on the couch.

"Please, can anyone get lukewarm water?" Momo spoke in exhaustion. Sana and Tzuyu immediately rushed to the kitchen, while Mina and Nayeon just watched from afar. Jungyeon and Jihyo went to the bathroom to get towels, while Chaeyoung just stood there, next to Momo worrying over her unconscious friend.

Nayeon cleared , causing Momo's ears to perk up.

"Thank you, Momo- for saving my friend. And..." Mina glanced at Nayeon, expecting her to continue.

"...I'm sorry for what I said earlier. You're right. It was my responsibility, as the closest one to her- I should've known she was missing."

 

Momo shook her head, "No. It's all my fault." She stared deeply into Dahyun's quivering lips, "... I'm the reason for her suffering."

Nayeon didn't get what she meant. However, since Jungyeon and Jihyo arrived with towels, Momo's lips were sealed and all she could think of was to wrap the towel around Dahyun's cold, fragile body. She wrapped the towel around Dahyun's back before carrying her again - this time, to their room upstairs. Like previously, Dahyun's head automatically leaned inward towards the crook of Momo's neck.

The blonde wasn't aware that her eyes were now b with tears. She couldn't explain why; she just felt so sorry. She finally realized what she had done to the broken girl. She gave her false hope. And that, was the worst decision she has done. Instead of just letting her be... Momo chose to take advantage of her weakness. 

Once the girls gave her the towels and the warm water in a bowl, it was only the two of them left together. Momo changed her into dry clothes with a sense of responsibility.

After Momo had dried herself up, Dahyun experienced random bouts of shivering and when she did, Momo would place another warm towel on her head and hold the younger girl's hand. However, when Momo finally decided to sleep, Dahyun instinctively glued her body onto the flustered girl. Momo felt Dahyun's warm breath on her neck for the umpteenth time today and she was quite accustomed to it by now. She wrapped her arms around Dahyun's small frame and slowly sang a lullaby to her:

Close your eyes and listen carefully to my story
Before my story ends, you will dream
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you

When I first met you, it was truly eye-blinding
When I first saw your smile, I felt like I had the whole world
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you...

Momo felt Dahyun's body soften into her embrace, which made her smile in relief. Dahyun hummed out of the blue and dug her face into Momo's shoulder, wanting to stay like this forever.

When I see you fast asleep in my arms
I can’t take my eyes off you for a second
You’re so pretty – I feel like my breath will stop
How can I fall asleep?

My love, my everything, my angel from heaven
My two eyes, my world – you stole them all
Little star tonight
All night, I will watch over you 

 

Momo kissed Dahyun's forehead before whispering one last confession,

"I love you, my little star."

~~~

As the blonde awakened, she felt relieved at the sight of Dahyun sleeping in her embrace soundly. She couldn't describe the feeling she had. She had never felt this way - not even towards Mina. She knew this wasn't just another crush.

This love is special.

Dahyun slowly woke up, sensing that someone was observing her from up close. Her eyes slowly wandered to the blonde's eyes. Their eyes slowly met. Her heart skipped a beat for some odd reason. She found something else in Momo's eyes... something she had never seen before. A spark.

"You're awake," Momo smiled, her cheeks turning pink. Dahyun blinked and nodded awkwardly, not knowing how to react to their current position. She slowly removed her arms from Momo's back. Her entire body felt cold all of a sudden.

"Are you feeling better?" Momo asked persistently, wishing that Dahyun would somehow reply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter