the double date: a continuation

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10. the double date: a continuation

As the ride came to a halt, Dahyun opened her eyes and looked directly into her ex's eyes. Nayeon, being the dense fool she was, flicked the younger girl's forehead and scrunched her face together. Dahyun flinched, letting out a small squeal of pain. With Nayeon leading her, the two stood up, pushing the belt away from them.

Dahyun was reluctant in leaving. She knew that all Nayeon would want to do is search for Mina and she felt disappointed just by the thought of it. But of course, it had to happen anyway.

"Hold on, I'm going to call Mina," Nayeon spoke as she took out her phone. Dahyun could only stare and nod. That's the only thing she could do, anyway. To stare and nod in silence- as it slowly suffocated her inside.

""We're sorry, we are unable to complete your call as dialed-" Nayeon sighed and pressed the end button in annoyance, "Why isn't she answering?" She muttered. 

Dahyun bit her lip, "Let's just search for them."

Nayeon nodded and put her phone away, walking off in a rush with Dahyun trailing behind her.

Was that you, Momo? She subconsciously thought.

 

Momo grinned in victory. To her benefit, Mina left her phone on the table while she was ordering their food in a distance. Because of that, she ended the call mercilessly with no plans of telling Mina.

"Sorry, Nayeon. It's because you're too slow." Momo muttered to herself with a smirk. She looked up and her eyes met Mina's confused pair. She just flashed an innocent smile at her and mouthed, "I'm hungry" in the younger girl's direction. The red-headed girl just smiled and rolled her eyes.

A few minutes later, Mina arrived with the food and Momo stood up simultaneously, "I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back!" She exclaimed cheerily.

Mina chuckled, "Okay...?" She shook her head and sat down. Once Momo was out of her sight, her phone vibrated on the table. She widened her eyes as she took note of the caller.

"Nayeon unnie♡"

With no hesitation, she answered the call, a smile slowly appearing on her lips.

"Unnie?"

"Oh gosh, Mina! Where have you been?!" Nayeon exclaimed at the other line. Mina felt butterflies in her stomach as she came to the conclusion that the older girl was actually worried for her. 

She giggled in reply, "Did you miss me?"

Nayeon let out a frustrated sigh, "I have no time for your jokes Myoui Mina! Now tell me, where are you?"

Mina chuckled, "I'm in Magic Land..." She looked up and saw a sign near the menu board, "...the Town's Market restaurant?" She continued.

"Gotcha," 

Mina raised an eyebrow in confusion but was almost simultaneously replaced with a smile. Nayeon was right in front of her, only a few feet away. It's as if they haven't seen each other in years.

"I'm back, Mina-" Momo's smile disappeared as she saw the table completely void of her crush. As her eyes wandered throughout the whole restaurant, she saw Mina hugging Nayeon with Dahyun awkwardly third-wheeling at the side.

Momo slowly approached the trio and Dahyun just looked down in dismay. Nayeon smirked at Momo, almost in a way as if she were saying 'I got her this time' in reference to Mina. 

"So, since we're all here anyway... how about you two spend your precious time together and Mina and I will spend ours?" Nayeon raised her eyebrows in expectation. 

Mina smiled shyly and nodded in agreement.

The two masterminds exchanged looks and Momo slyly rolled her eyes, "Sure. So when will we meet up again?"

Nayeon shook her head, "No worries- I'll bring Mina home when we feel like it. You know where Dahyun lives right? Can you drive her home?"

Momo was speechless. Her plan was crumbling before her very own eyes, yet she couldn't do anything. It would be too risky if she made another move to separate the two.

Dahyun looked at Momo expectantly and the latter nodded, "Yeah, fine with me," ...absolutely not, Momo corrected her answer in her mind.

The oldest grinned with her special bunny teeth and swung her arm around Mina's shoulder, "Then, shall we go Mina? To our first date, we go!" She excitedly exclaimed like a kid. Mina just shyly let herself be dragged alon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter