the ex girlfriend

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04. the ex girlfriend

"Dahyun, can we talk?"

"We're talking right now..." Dahyun awkwardly shifted away from the older girl. Nayeon just sighed and turned Dahyun so that they would be facing each other. The almond-eyed girl felt a blush creeping to her cheeks, "J-just tell me... what is this about?"

"I want us to go back to the way we were. Is that so hard?"

Dahyun swallowed hard and nodded, "S-sorry. I'm still... not ready."

"But why? I miss my best friend. I forgave you a long time ago. I've been wanting to tell you this, but my conscience has always held me back. I couldn't bring myself to befriend you again, but now... I'm truly over it. Everything means nothing to me now."

The younger of the two shook her head and let out a breath, "You don't understand... I don't deserve your forgiveness. Every time I see you, all that comes back is my own guilt. I didn't just cheat on my girlfriend, I cheated on my best friend. I chose to be unfair to the one person who has always supported me even when we weren't a couple." She was now trying to stop her tears from flowing but nonetheless failed.

Nayeon shook her head lightly and cupped Dahyun's cheeks, "Listen, you're just human. You make mistakes, but what matters is that you learn from them. Since you are truly sorry, it just means that nothing will stop me from forgiving you. Can we just forget about this, for the sake of our group?" She pleaded.

Dahyun looked into her eyes and saw the sincerity in her words. How could she say no to that face? Her eyes finally burst into tears as she wrapped her arms around Nayeon's neck, "Thank you... and I'm sorry." She buried her face in the older girl's shoulder, her eyes closing as she basks in the glory of finally being able to hug her best friend, "Even though I don't deserve you as a friend, I still want to thank you. I'll try my best to be the way I was before like nothing happened, but don't expect me to forget about it completely."

Nayeon giggled and hugged her back with the same amount of joy, "Just being able to hug you like this is enough for me."

They took advantage of the current situation and remained silent in each other's arms. Dahyun wondered if this whole thing was a dream; if it was, she never wanted to wake up. She closed her eyes and took in Nayeon's scent. "I missed you," she muttered in the older girl's collarbone. 

"I missed you too," the latter whispered back. Because of the silence, the two girls suddenly heard someone lean against the door doing a terrible job at being a spy. 

"Hey, move back a little. They might hear you-" Jihyo spoke loud enough for the two to hear. Nayeon silently giggled. "As expected, she's our microphone," she whispered in Dahyun's hear, making the latter giggle as well.

"Shhh! I'm trying to hear their conversation," Chaeyoung whispered at the door. 

As much as Dahyun didn't want it to happen, Nayeon broke the hug. "Wait here," she told Dahyun before approaching the door cautiously like a spy. She gently wrapped her fingers around the door knob and glanced back at the younger girl who was already about to burst in laughter.

Nayeon made a countdown with her other hand, "1, 2, 3..."

"OMO!" Chaeyoung fell in Nayeon's arms after the latter pulled the door open. Jihyo and Dahyun laughed  and the short-haired girl turned red in embarrassment.

"Aigoo, what were you doing there?" Nayeon , receiving a suspicious look from Chaeyoung.

"What were you two talking about? Did you two perhaps..." Chaeyoung changed the subject back to her two friends who had just made up.

Nayeon smirked, "Yes, we're okay now." She glanced back at Dahyun who just smiled. She slowly approached her friends and stood next to Nayeon happily. She held Nayeon's hand and raised their intertwined hands in the air.

Jihyo and Chaeyoung gasped, "YOU TWO ARE TOGETHER AGAIN?!"

Both girls felt awkward, but they knew better than to show that awkwardness. They had just promised each other to go back to the way they were before and both were willi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter