the rich girl

Once is a Coincidence, Twice is Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11. the rich girl

If there was one person so dense and clueless, it would have to be Im Nayeon. Mina doesn't know why she even hides her love for the fool anymore. She could literally tell Nayeon 'I love you' out of the blue and the latter would still think she misheard it. She could say anything and get away with it. Yet, Mina can't. Not because she's afraid of Nayeon finding out, but because she still hasn't simply accepted it. She can't accept that she's slowly becoming like her mother. She's slowly falling for a woman with no control. You could compare her to a car that screeches its way towards the red light.

"Morning, Nayeon." Mina smiled as Nayeon entered the room. The latter just smiled and nodded. She seemed tired like she hasn't slept for days. Mina couldn't take her eyes off her. She was growing anxious from Nayeon's unreadable expression.

"Nayeon? Are you alright?" She asked worriedly. Nayeon stayed silent until suddenly the bell rang and Mina had to face the front.

Mr. Lee came in with a smile, which made the students crease their eyebrows together in confusion. The impossible had just happened. Mr. Lee was actually smiling. 

'There's only three reasons why a teacher would smile. One, someone cast him under a spell. Two, he actually got enough sleep to get through the day. Or three... he needs to pretend like he's happy because there's a new student.'

Well, it's definitely not three- Mina was about to tell herself when suddenly, a new face appeared from behind the door. It was an unfamiliar face, yet surprisingly... a face that Nayeon knew like the back of her hand. 

The short-haired girl entered the room and shyly made her way to the front. 

"Jungyeon, is that you?!" Nayeon stood up in shock. 

"Nayeon-ah! You're here too?" Jeongyeon excitedly made her way to the back of the room where Nayeon was already standing.

"Aren't you going to call me unnie?" The corners of Nayeon's lips slowly reached her ears as she stretched her arms out to welcome Jungyeon into her embrace. Mina stared silently and tried to comprehend everything that was happening out of the blue.

As Nayeon made eye contact with Mina, the latter awkwardly looked away, feeling the undeniable jealousy growing within her. Thankfully, Jungyeon was the first to let go.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

Mr. Lee cleared his throat, "Jungyeon is sitting in for today. She plans to transfer here in the fall for the next school year. However, we do have class, Nayeon. You could tour her around for now. I'll excuse you for your absence if you'd give her a good impression of our school."

Mina turned back around in her seat and pouted. She felt jealous already just thinking of the two of them having their special little time alone.

Nayeon nodded, "Alright, sir."

She turned to Jungyeon and as if it was the most natural thing to do, she interlocked their fingers together in a swift motion, dragging the tall girl to the front. They bowed simultaneously to Mr. Lee before leaving the room.

Mina's eyes landed on their intertwined hands and couldn't help but to scoff. You're not jealous, Myoui Mina. I repeat, you aren't jealous.

 

 

"So you're transferring next year? What for? We're the same age, which means you're graduating this year. Are you staying back?"

Jungyeon laughed and shook her head, "That was just an excuse. I'm not actually transferring. I just wanted to see the gang again. Like you said, I'm going to college next year so, of course, I ain't staying back another year."

Nayeon rolled her eyes with a smile, "Wow, that's stupid. So you're telling me that you came here just to see us..." She laughed at the absurdness, "...you could've just called any one of us to meet up during the weekend."

The short-haired girl punched her on the arm playfully, "Hey, are you calling me stupid?"

"Just a little." Nayeon giggled before dodging another punch from her best friend.

"Anyway, how's the gang? I miss Chaeyoung... and Jihyo unnie, oh you don't remind me of your lovely tofu, Dahyun-"

"Please don't call her that." Nayeon cut her off as she sat down on the same bench that she first met Mina. Jungyeon could tell that Nayeon tensed up at the mention of her ex-girlfriend's nickname. The older just stared into the distance of the football field filling her entire vision.

"Why...? Did something happen?"

Nayeon leaned back into her seat and nodded dully, "It's a long story. But I'll make it short for you- she cheated on me, we didn't talk for awhile, and now we're back to being friends. I don't dislike her. In fact, just recently I've forgiven her. But please just don't remind me of those days. It reminds me of the pain that I want to forget."

Jungyeon nodded silently, obviously still taken aback by how much has happened over the past two years. "I understand."

Only silence was exchanged for the next few seconds until finally Nayeon decided to change the subject into a happier one.

"I'm okay now, though. There's someone who gave me the ability to move on."

Jungyeon chuckled at the irony of the situation. She knew her best friend too well. That bunny falls in love too easily for her own good.

"Who?"

"Mina. But that dense fool, she officially friend zoned me yesterday after our little date. I actually t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter