Nine

The Empire of Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YES SEULGI WAS A BAE WAS HER FIRST GUYS! HAHA i mentioned it was the first time Seulgi saw another woman's body didn't I... hahaha :) and don't worry. The other girls will not have as much 'screentime' as Seulstal and Seulrene because well, they are not the main pairings. This fic is not supposed to break your heart!!! I love Seulrene. 

 

 

 

"Bae Joohyun?" The queen frowned at her daughter in law. She called her servant at the side to pour her another cup of tea as Soojung explained. 

Soojung watched until the servant went back to stand behind Taeyeon before she cleared quietly. "Yes Umuni. Bae Joohyun is a servant at crown princess' house." Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, sipping on her tea without speaking. Soojung noticed it and she quickly explained further. "She is eighteen this year, umuni. And... Seulgi seems to like her too." 

"Seulgi likes her?" Taeyeon asked in bewilderment. 

Soojung nodded. "They... are fond of each other." 

"And you're completely okay with it?" The frown never seemed to go away on the queen's face. 

"I have to accept this." Soojung said sincerely. "Seulgi will be the Empress one day, I will have to accept it." 

"Soojung-ah, you know that your immo will not like this, right?" Taeyeon asked gently, referring to her wife. 

Soojung blinked at her mother in law. "But I cannot give Seulgi a princess..." 

"I will talk to the Empress about this." Taeyeon reached across the table and patted Soojung's hand. "Go back and have a rest. Seulgi will be going back soon. Court has been busy, remember to look after her well." 

Soojung stood up and bowed at the queen before she left. Yoon Ah was following Soojung behind her and she heard Soojung sighing non stop on their way back to the crown princess' house.

"Yoon Ah, can you get Joohyun here?" Soojung ordered Yoon Ah after she stepped into the front yard. Yoon Ah bowed and went to the servant's room while Soojung proceeded to walk back to the meeting room.

"Your Highness." Joohyun appeared shortly after and Soojung nodded to ask her to rise. 

"I talked to umuni about it just now. But she doesn't seem too fond of the idea." Soojung explained softly and walked to the chair to sit down with the help of Joohyun. Joohyun bit her lip and bowed her head as she stood in front of Soojung. "If Seulgi has to marry another one so soon, I will rather it be you." 

Joohyun looked up at Soojung and tilted her head slightly. Soojung pressed her lips together before she looked away and asked Joohyun to get her some tea. 

"At least I know that you will be good to Seulgi." Soojung explained when Joohyun passed her the cup. "But I am afraid." She paused.

Joohyun's head bowed lower as she listened attentively with an anxious heart. "I am afraid that she might have to marry someone else." 

 

 

 

 

"Your Majesty, the queen has requested to meet you." A guard informed the Empress after she dismissed the court. The Empress nodded at the guard and proceeded to walk down from her throne. "With Her Highness." The guard added, directing at the crown princess. 

The Empress waved for the guard to step away as she walked to the crown princess' seat where Seulgi was still reading on the report which the minister had submitted. "Seulgi." 

"Yes, Umuni?" Seulgi put away the report and stood up to greet her mother. 

"Let's go. Your mother wants to see the both of us." Sooyeon said and Seulgi nodded. 

The mother and daughter sat in the same carriage together as they escorted them to the Empress' place. They were taking a short rest in the carriage where they exchanged no words. The court had been busy and the Empress was exhausted, likewise for Seulgi. 

"Umuni." Seulgi woke her mother up when the carriage stopped in front of the house. 

Sooyeon opened her eyes slowly and frowned, pinching her nose bridge. Seulgi bit her inner cheek when she noticed the dark circles underneath her mother's eyes. How she wished she could help to ease some of her mother's burden. 

"You wanted to talk?" The Empress asked as soon as she saw the queen waiting in the room. "What is it?" Sooyeon sat down behind the table and Seulgi bowed at the queen. 

"I talked to Soojung just now." Taeyeon said and handed Sooyeon a cup of warm tea. "I don't know if you know about this-" 

"Just say it, dear." Sooyeon cut off her sentence and drank the tea as she waited for her wife to go straight to her point. Seulgi stood beside the table quietly. 

"Soojung cannot conceive." 

"What?" Sooyeon put down her cup loudly which startled Seulgi. "What are you talking about?" 

"She told me herself." Taeyeon explained slowly and rubbed her wife's back to calm her down. "So she suggested to let Seulgi marry another one." 

Seulgi's heart fluttered when she heard it but she did not hold her head up to look at her parents' expressions. "Marry another one so soon?" Sooyeon exclaimed.

"What can we do? We have to have a princess soon. The entire nation is waiting." Taeyeon reminded. 

Sooyeon nodded and slumped back into her chair. "Do you have anyone in your mind?" She asked her wife. 

Taeyeon threw a glance at Seulgi who was waiting nervously for her mother to help her with Joohyun. "Bae Joohyun." Seulgi's heart skipped a beat at that name. The corner of her lips tugged up slowly but she remained composed. 

"Who?" 

"Seulgi's house servant." 

"No." 

Taeyeon sighed. She had already expected it from her wife. Seulgi looked up anxiously at her biological mother who was already staring at her. "Umuni-" 

"It is the girl, isn't it?" The Empress questioned. Seulgi lowered her head again and nodded slowly. She jumped when her mother slammed the table in front of her. "I knew something's wrong!" 

"Umuni, please let us be together. I like her." Seulgi begged quietly, she had to remain firm. 

"Together? She is a servant!" Sooyeon scolded and glared at her daughter. "Seulgi, I did not expect this from you. What would the ministers think if I let you, a crown princess, marry a low servant?" 

"But umuni!" Seulgi was losing her cool. 

"Seulgi, not now." Taeyeon shook her head at Seulgi. 

"You will marry General Son's daughter. Naeun is a good girl." The Empress said firmly. "I don't care if you like it or not Seulgi. But this is not the time. You can't have a servant as your second wife. You can do whatever that you like when... when you become the Empress." The Empress sighed and rubbed her temple, Taeyeon massaged her wife's shoulders to calm her down. "Seulgi, I am doing it for your own good." The Empress looked at her daughter sadly when Seulgi looked hurt. 

Seulgi only nodded weakly without looking at her mothers and she took a leave. Of course her mother would not have allowed it. Seulgi was still a crown princess, she could not just get any girl that she wanted yet. Her wives must be someone of high status for now to secure her throne. 

Everything revolved around the throne.

"Your Highness, princess Soojung is waiting for you to have l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter