Seven

The Empire of Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was practicing writing in her study room alone in the afternoon after her wedding night. Soojung was called in by the queen to have a tea session as the queen taught her about how to be a proper wife of the future Empress. 

Everyone had her own things to do. But Seulgi waited patiently for someone to come and carry out her order as she painted after of the writing. The someone was none other than Joohyun. 

"Your Highness," Joohyun bowed to Seulgi when she stepped into the study room. Seulgi nodded and Joohyun turned around to close the door, taking a quick second to tidy herself to make herself look presentable in front of the crown princess. 

"Hyunnie, come here." Seulgi smiled when her lover turned around. She put down her brush carefully and adjusted her sleeve, sitting down on the big chair that could be enough for two people. 

Joohyun walked towards the crown princess quickly and yelped softly when Seulgi pulled her to sit on her laps. Her cheeks turned pink when Seulgi placed her arms around her waist and her head resting on her chest. "Seulgi..." Joohyun sighed, her hands were still awkwardly lying on her own laps. 

"Hug me, Hyunnie." Seulgi said gently and Joohyun did as she was told. She s her arms around Seulgi's neck and pulled Seulgi closer to herself. "What were you doing before I called you in?" 

"I was cooking for your lunch." Joohyun answered, Seulgi could feel the vibration on her chest as she spoke. She smiled to herself as it tickled her ear a little. 

"You know how to cook very well." Seulgi said. 

"Wh-Where... is princess Soojung?" Joohyun felt tightening at the sound of the princess' name from her own mouth. 

"She is meeting umuni. They're going to take another hour before she comes back for lunch." Seulgi chuckled lightly. Joohyun frowned and looked down at the crown princess who was totally enjoying their moment of bliss as she had her eyes closed and her lips curved into a small smile. Joohyun did not like it. She wondered if the smile was because of her or the crown princess' new wife. 

"Are you happy?" Joohyun tried to sound not so sour. 

"Yes I am." Seulgi answered. Joohyun almost wanted to get up and leave even though it would be rude to the crown princess. "I am happy with you." 

"I meant..." 

"With Soojung?" Seulgi asked, pushing herself off Joohyun's chest a little to look at the pouting girl on top of her. Joohyun nodded and looked down, playing with Seulgi's fingers that were hanging around her waist loosely. "She is a very good girl." 

"How... How was last night?" Joohyun almost choked at her own question. She pulled Seulgi's head to rest on her chest again as she felt nervous when the crown princess kept staring at her. 

Seulgi snuggled closer and tightened her hug around Joohyun. "We didn't do it. I was too drunk." Joohyun felt a wave of relief washed over her body and she couldn't help but smile at herself quietly. "I feel bad though. Umuni will ask her about this for sure and she will be nagged by her because she did not serve me. Proper wife." Seulgi laughed. 

Joohyun pressed her lips together and did not speak. They might not have done it last night, but they would surely do it soon. The thought of Seulgi kissing and touching someone else made her sick and angry. 

"Hyunnie?" Seulgi called without looking up. "Are you angry?" 

Joohyun shook her head. How could she tell the crown princess that she was angry? What right did she have? 

Seulgi moved away and leaned against the back rest of the chair, she looked at Joohyun with an unreadable looks that made Joohyun fluster a little. Joohyun was still sitting on Seulgi's laps and her hands were on her own laps again as Seulgi moved back. Her body missed Seulgi already. She felt warm when Seulgi tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, running her finger along Joohyun's well-sculptured jawline. "You're so beautiful." Seulgi's finger stopped at Joohyun's chin, her eyes never left Joohyun's who was too shy to meet her gaze. 

"Your Highness, princess Soojung is back!" Someone informed from outside and Joohyun jumped up in surprise before she got off Seulgi's laps quickly, standing at the corner of the room. Seulgi did not say anything and just watched her lover getting all flustered while she still had a calm expression on her face. 

"Come in." Seulgi said and the door swung open. Soojung smiled and bowed to Seulgi when she came in, her face froze a little when she saw Joohyun standing at the corner of the room. "You came back early." Seulgi looked at her wife who was looking at Joohyun. Soojung whipped her head back to look at Seulgi before she smiled. 

"Umuni has something else to attend to." Soojung replied. "Have you eaten?" 

"Not yet. I was waiting for you." Seulgi smiled and Soojung bit her lip to hide her own smile. She took Seulgi's hand and intertwined their fingers, part of her wanted to show to particular someone that Seulgi was hers now. "What did umuni say to you?" 

"She just told me to serve you well." Soojung said with a faint blush on her cheeks. "And to understand you. Mostly about how to be a good wife." 

Seulgi chuckled. "I knew it. You must be hungry. Let's go and eat." 

Seulgi did not even look at Joohyun when she walked out of her study room with Soojung. Soojung turned back slightly and saw Joohyun following them with her head hanging lowly. Maybe she was thinking too much. 

 

 

 

 

The Empress called Seulgi to her study room again to discuss about a current affair with the crown princess. Soojung was left alone in the crown princess' room and Seulgi told her to read something or go to the garden for a walk while waiting for her to come back. 

So Soojung chose to take a walk, with Joohyun. 

Joohyun felt uneasy when Soojung called her to the room. Chaeyong being Chaeyong, teased Joohyun that she had both princesses wrapped around her tiny finger because of her beauty. 

"Your Highness." Joohyun bowed to Soojung when she entered the room to see Soojung reading on the chair that Seulgi would always sit. 

"I want to take a walk in the garden." Soojung smiled and put down her book. Joohyun nodded and helped Soojung to get off the chair. "Just me and you is fine." Joohyun nodded again. 

She followed behind the princess without talking until they reached the garden. The faint fragrance from the row of blooming flowers made Joohyun's heart giddy as she remembered her first kiss with the crown princess. 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Soojung smiled when she saw Joohyun looking at the row of flowers in awe. Servants were not supposed to step into the garden alone and Soojung assumed that Joohyun had never come here before since she was new. 

Joohyun nodded meekly and quickly looked down at her own feet instead. Soojung bent down and took a sniff of the yellow flower, her eyes gently closed as she let the calming scent soothe her mind. Joohyun looked up slightly and her jaw dropped a little when she noticed how beautiful the princess was. Her expensive robe and jewellery on her made her shine even more. Every action of the princess was so graceful and demure.

Who was she compared to the princess? 

She looked down at her own slightly rough hands, she let her sleeves roll down a little more to hide the sight of them from her own eyes. How dare she let the crown princess hold her awfully rough hands that would probably feel like sandpaper in the crown princess'. 

Who was she compared to the princess? 

She walked a few steps forward to follow the princess when Soojung walked to the next row of flowers. She was not sure if the fragrance was from the flowers or from the princess anymore because even butterflies were attracted to Soojung. Soojung held out her index finger for the butterfly to rest on it as she examined it curiously. Everything that the princess did was so perfect. 

Who was she compared to the princess?

"Seulgi looks like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter