Twenty Five

The Empire of Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yi Yun, if you like, I can let you choose any girl that you fancy to be your wife." Seulgi laughed, patting the crown princess' broad shoulder. 

Yi Yun threw her head back as she laughed along with the young Empress, waving her hands frantically in front of her with her slightly pink cheeks. "The girls here are too good." 

"Come on, it is time for you to get married too. You're turning twenty this year!" Seulgi said as a matter of fact. 

"Are you mocking me that I am older but I am still single?" Yi Yun narrowed her eyes teasingly, locking her toned arm around the Empress' neck. 

Seulgi chuckled and slipped out of Yi Yun's grasp easily, turning around to summon Yoon Ah over from the shelter. Her consorts as well as the princess of China were resting in the shade as they watched the Empress and the crown princess doing archery. Joohyun leaned forward to take her cup as Yoon Ah blocked her view of the Empress. She always found the serious and competitive side of the Empress alluring, it bothered her and she could only sip on the warm tea to calm the fire within her. 

"Yoon Ah, bring out some of the prettiest attendants that we have." Seulgi smirked at Yoon Ah, speaking in Korean. 

"Hey I understand what you said perfectly." Yi Yun nudged Seulgi but she could not hide the silly smile on her face. 

"What? You think I will really just let you pick any girl that you like after staying here for just three days?" Seulgi teased. "You'll have to pass a test first." The Empress added. 

"What test is it, your majesty?" Yi Yun asked playfully. The two of them had a very cheeky grin on their face and Joohyun felt frustrated as she could not hear what the two were chatting about, it looked as if they were talking about some pretty girls and the thought of it made Joohyun's grip on her dress tighter. 

"Are you alright?" Soojung noticed the tensed shoulders of Joohyun and she asked softly, placing a hand over Joohyun's fist. 

Joohyun was startled by the sudden contact and she blinked before she nodded. "Y-Yes, I'm fine." 

"Do you want to take a walk?" Soojung smiled, thinking that Joohyun was jealous because of Tzuyu who was sitting opposite them. 

Joohyun looked at Seulgi quickly before she nodded, standing up with Seohyun's assistance. Soojung followed after Joohyun and they were about to leave the shelter when Joohyun caught Yoon Ah escorting two girls into the field. 

Two pretty girls. 

"Never mind, I think I'll just stay here." Joohyun muttered and sat down again, her bottom hit the seat a little too hard and Soojung giggled quietly at how sour Joohyun looked as she sat down too. 

Seulgi raised her eyebrows when Yoon Ah introduced the two girls to her. They bowed politely and gave Seulgi the sweetest smile on earth which made Joohyun roll her eyes because she caught everything. 

"This is Seol Hyun and this is Seung Yeon." Yoon Ah pointed to the respective girl. "I'll take my leave now." She said as she bowed and backed away. 

Yi Yun stared at the two girls in awe and Seulgi chuckled quietly when she noticed Yi Yun's slightly opened mouth. "Wipe your drool. So are you going to take the challenge or not?" Seulgi asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest. 

"O-Of course! S-sure." Yi Yun said, pushing her chest out to look more confident and Seulgi was amused at the sight of the flustered crown princess because Yi Yun gave her an impression of a very steady person. 

"Good." Seulgi smiled. "The two of you, stand aside first." Seulgi said without looking at the two girls as she just turned around to pick up her bow. "Three shots." Seulgi looked at Yi Yun with a proud smile. 

"Three shots." Yi Yun repeated with a determined look. 

Joohyun could not help but judge the two girls standing on the line beside the Empress. She eyed them through her narrowed eyes and gritted her teeth when she noticed that the two girls were very confident with the way they stood - their chest. "Stupid ert." Joohyun muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes at the innocent and oblivious Empress who was so focused at her first shot. 

"Ten!" The guard shouted after Seulgi fired her first shot. Seulgi smirked and put her bow down as it was Yi Yun's turn. 

Yi Yun raised her bow with her jittery fingers as she pulled the arrow back, closing one eye to aim at the target - the red dot. 

"Six!" The guard announced. 

"Six? Really?" Seulgi teased. Yi Yun groaned in annoyance and she blamed it on her nervousness, she lowered her bow and watched Seulgi with a sulky look, silently praying that the Empress would miss this shot. 

"Ten!" 

"Your turn." Seulgi said, she liked how she could tease Yi Yun freely without fearing that she might offend the crown princess. 

Yi Yun picked up her bow with a determined look again. She in a deep breath as she pulled the arrow back firmly. 

"Ten!" 

"There, there." Seulgi chuckled. She turned around to see if Joohyun was watching her with her impressive archery skills and her heart almost jumped out when she saw the way Joohyun glare at her. "What..." she mumbled to herself. 

"Last shot." Yi Yun said, pulling the Empress' attention back on the field. 

Seulgi shrugged and lifted her bow, aiming at the small red dot that was so far away. She pulled the arrow back with all her might and suddenly an image of a fuming Joohyun flashed across her mind as she released the arrow, by the time she realised that she had fired her shot, it was too late. 

"O-One!" The guard said hesitantly. Everyone knew that the Empress had an impressive archery skill and scoring one point was a total embarrassment. 

"One? Really?" Yi Yun teased back. Seulgi groaned inwardly and turned around to check Joohyun's expression which seemed lighter now because of the fact that Seulgi had just scored one point. Joohyun was stifling a laughter. 

"Ten!" 

"That makes it 26 for me and... 21 for you." Yi Yun said. "You could have scored a perfect score though." 

"I know." Seulgi grunted. "Anyway, you win. So, pick your girl." Seulgi shrugged and passed her bow to the guard before she signalled the two girls to go forward. 

Yi Yun's cheeks turned red when the two girls bowed at her again. "Do I really have to pick?" She asked sheepishly, rubbing her nape. 

"Of course! It'll be my gift for you." Seulgi said in delight as she slapped the crown princess' back a few times with an appropriate force. 

"Right... then..." Yi Yun looked at the two girls. They were both very pretty and their body looked really good, it made her heart palpitate wildly when they gave her a smile again. 

"Can't decide? How about we go and have lunch together first? The two of them will just follow you." Seulgi suggested playfully but also seriously. 

"I guess it is the best." Yi Yun laughed nervously. 

Joohyun side-eyed the two girls who were walking beside the Empress and the crown princess as they went into the shelter again. Seulgi immediately checked on Joohyun and she gulped when Joohyun pinched her arm stealthily wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter