Six

The Empire of Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the wedding night. 

Ministers, generals and royals all gathered in the palace huge dining hall as the two princesses carried out the traditional wedding routine. The Empress had not stopped smiling since the morning when the two greeted her together. 

"Let's have a toast!" One of the generals shouted across the room. The Empress laughed and nodded at Seulgi when her daughter looked at her for permission to drink. 

"You're an adult now, Seulgi. Have more fun!" The Empress said and everyone in the hall cheered. Music played loudly and the dancers were dancing in the middle as the nobles and royals enjoyed the rare occassion in the palace. Only the crown princess' wedding was this grand, her sisters' ones were rather discreet. 

Soojung looked beside her and watched Seulgi worriedly as the crown princess accepted the toast from the general. Seulgi grimaced as the alcohol ran down , sending her a shiver. "Don't drink so much." Soojung said softly to her new wife and she blushed when Seulgi patted her lap. 

"Your Highness! I wish for your marriage to last for eternity!" One of the ministers said and the rest of them clapped as Seulgi made another toast. 

The servants were busy running up and down to serve the royals and nobles their food and drinks. Yoon Ah tried to make sure that Joohyun would not get into the hall to witness it as Joohyun had been feeling down since the morning when she woke up. But they were short of people when there was a change of course, so Joohyun had to help to bring out the food to the hall even though she was quite reluctant to do so. 

She did not look at the direction where the crown princess was at as she walked in to serve the next course. Seulgi's eyes lit up when she finally saw her lover the first time at night. She watched intently as Joohyun placed the dish on her table and bowed at her before she left again. Seulgi could not do anything, especially in front of the royals and nobles. 

However, she caught something. 

Even though they were all women, there were still aggressive ones. Especially the generals who had been on the battlefield or away for tough trainings that they were quite deprived of women.

She saw one particular general eyeing Joohyun as the girl exited the hall, her stare was not a decent one as her eyes travelled up and down the girl's body.

Seulgi did not like it. She glared at the general even though she was unaware of it.

"Are you okay?" Soojung asked quietly when she saw that Seulgi was not moving and eating. Seulgi looked to her right with a clenched fist and then nodded. "Eat this." Soojung said and put a scallop on Seulgi's plate which made the crown princess smile as Soojung was very caring.

"Your highness!" One of the ministers shouted from across the room again. Everyone turned their heads to look at Seulgi. "When are you and princess Soojung going to have the first child?"

This question made the new couple blush while the rest nodded in approval. Seulgi looked at her mother for help but the Empress raised her eyebrows at her daughter before looking away, she wanted Seulgi to handle it her own. Seulgi sighed and looked to her right again to see an uneasy looking Soojung.

"We will... be planning soon." Seulgi smiled sheepishly which made the adults laugh.

"We will be waiting for your good news next month then!" The minister laughed and Seulgi rubbed her nape in embarrassment. They were hinting that they wanted a princess soon. 

"Oh Minister Jung, stop teasing the two of them. They're very shy." The Empress said and they burst into a fit of laughter again as they looked at the red cheeks on the two princesses. 

Later, the servants appeared again to clear the plates and Seulgi saw Joohyun walking up again. She looked at the girl again but the girl still had not looked at her once. But she knew why. The girl told her that they should keep a princess-servant relationship in front of other people, she did not blame the girl and just agreed to it. 

Soojung poured Seulgi another cup of their rice wine and Seulgi thanked her wife quietly because Joohyun was still at their table cleaning things up. "Don't drink so much though. Just in case they want to have a toast again." Soojung said and pushed the cup away from Seulgi's mouth when Seulgi wanted to gulp it down again. Seulgi smiled at her thoughtful wife and put her cup down on the table as she patted her wife's lap again with her free hand. Joohyun left afterwards and Seulgi just went back to talking with the royals and nobles as they gave the couple their wishes. 

 

 

Joohyun was heading back to the kitchen when she was suddenly pulled away with a great force into a dead end in the palace, not far away from the dining hall. She wanted to scream but the person covered and shoved her up against the wall. Her eyes widened in horror when she saw that it was a general, a very masculine looking general. 

"You're so pretty." The general whispered into Joohyun's ear and Joohyun shivered in fear and disgust. "Such a pity that you're just a servant. I would have made you my wife." 

Joohyun struggled again to break away from the general but she pressed against her closer. "If you dare to move or say anything, I will kill you." The general hissed angrily and Joohyun gulped, her eyes flickered with fear when the general flashed a small knife from her waist.

Disgust seeped through her vein when the general started kissing her neck and her hands roaming around her petite body. She did not dare to scream as she was scared that the general would really kill her. She pressed her lips together tightly with her eyes shut equally tight when the general tore her outer robe apart, her tears were forming at the back of her eyes and she gasped when the general pushed her to the floor. 

Joohyun turned her head away when the general wanted to kiss on her lips. She turned away again when the general shifted to capture her lips. "Stop moving." The general warned angrily and grabbed Joohyun's face. Joohyun tried to push the general away when she pressed her body lower to Joohyun's. 

"Get off her now!" 

Joohyun's eyes widened at the familiar voice and she looked to her side to see a silhouette stomping towards them. The next moment, the general was pushed away from Joohyun and a few more guards appeared from behind the silhouette. She knew it was the crown princess. 

"Your Highness!" The general looked shocked and she immediately dropped to her knees. 

"I knew you're planning something in your head when I caught you staring at her that way in the dining hall! You disgraceful bastard!" Seulgi snapped and kicked the general hard that she fell to her back. "Get up!" Seulgi hissed and the general quickly knelt back again but Seulgi kicked her again to make her fall to her back. "Get up!" 

This repeated for at least four times until the general was running out of breath from the pain and the movement. "How dare you." Seulgi hissed and grabbed the general's robe. She looked to her side to see Joohyun clutching her inner robe tightly and her cheeks were stained with tears but she was no longer crying, instead she was just staring at Seulgi blankly. Seulgi groaned in anger and shoved the general hard that she al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter