Five

The Empire of Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DOUBLE UPDATE. 

Seulgi returned to her house after the Empress dismissed the court, it was a short conference for the ministers to update on the current affairs. The prime minister even asked the Empress when would Seulgi be getting married which made Seulgi fluster for a moment because all the ministers' attention was on her solely. The Empress told the ministers to not stress Seulgi and that she would find the right person for her daughter. 

"Is hyunnie feeling better already?" Yoon Ah asked Seungwan outside the servant's room. Seulgi happened to walk past and her feet stopped at the name. 

"Yes. She can walk around better now. But I just asked her to rest more first." Seungwan answered and Yoon Ah nodded. Seulgi hid behind the pillar to listen to their conversation. "Do you think she is still sad?" 

"Because of what you guys told her yesterday?" Yoon Ah asked. "I don't know." Seulgi heard Yoon Ah sighing so deeply. "I want to help her but I can't. We should not meddle with the royals."

Seulgi frowned as she listened. What was Yoon Ah talking about? She thought to herself and continued to listen. 

"Is she really in love with Princess Seulgi?" Seungwan asked quietly and Seulgi's eyes widened. Who was in love with her? 

"I think so. Hyunnie told me about their story once. But I think it is only now then she falls for her." Yoon Ah sighed. 

Seulgi decided to not eavesdrop any further and she stepped out, startling the two servants and they quickly bowed to the princess. The threw glances at each other nervously as they were unsure if the princess overheard their conversation. 

"Has princess Soojung eaten?" Seulgi asked, pretending that she did not catch anything in their conversation. The two were gullible enough to think that the crown princess did not hear their conversation. Yoon Ah heaved a sigh in relief and nodded to reply the princess. "Good. Get me a horse. I am going out with princess Soojung." 

Yoon Ah nodded and retreated while Seungwan bowed to Seulgi, wanting to leave but Seulgi stopped her. "Is hyunnie feeling better?" Seulgi asked, testing the water. 

Seungwan nodded quickly and said, "joohyun-unnie can walk more now." 

Seulgi's heart felt like exploding and a smile almost crept onto her face but she hid it well. "Alright. Go and do your stuff." She dismissed Seungwan and stood there to smile at herself after Seungwan was out of sight. "Hyunnie." She chuckled. "She likes me." 

 

 

 

"Are we going out?" Soojung asked Seulgi when she saw that Seulgi had changed into a lighter outfit. Seulgi nodded and held her hand out for Soojung to take which Soojung took it shyly and she looked at Seulgi who was being all smiley. "Why are you so happy?" She found this side of the crown princess adorable and her heart stopped when Seulgi turned to look at her. 

"Because the one that I like likes me too." Seulgi grinned at Soojung which made Soojung blush. Did she know already? 

"You know..." Soojung mumbled and Seulgi just grinned at her. Soojung's head got lighter at the thought of Seulgi having feelings for her too, she squeezed Seulgi's hand which the older princess did the same back. Soojung smiled shyly and looked away when the crown princess kept looking at her. 

"Let me help you to get up." Seulgi said as they reached beside the horse. Seulgi climbed up the back of the horse effortlessly and Soojung was a little scared. "Come on. Take my hand." Seulgi smiled and offered her hand for the princess to take it. Soojung reached for Seulgi's hand nervously and she yelped when Seulgi pulled her up to sit in front of her. "It is not that scary, right?" Seulgi asked, smiling. Her arms encircled around Soojung's waist as she held onto the leash. "Go." Seulgi jerked the horse once and the horse started moving. 

"I am scared." Soojung whispered and turned back a little to look at Seulgi. 

"Hold my arms then. I won't let you fall." Seulgi assured. 

"Can you hug me tighter?" Soojung asked softly and shyly. Seulgi did it immediately and she felt herself getting heated up because of the warmth. When they reached the exit of the palace, a few guards followed after them on horses as well and Seulgi's horse started galloping fast. Soojung shut her eyes tightly as she was scared of falling which made Seulgi laugh heartily. 

"Don't be scared. Open your eyes. Look." Seulgi whispered into Soojung's ear and Soojung opened her eyes slowly, one by one. They were on the grassland and the scenery was breathtaking. "Beautiful, right?" 

Soojung nodded and looked around more daringly this time. She smiled so widely when the horse galloped freely on the grassland, she felt free and easy. "This is the first time I am on a horse." She said to Seulgi who was controlling the horse. 

"Really? Then I will give you a good impression." Seulgi said and hit the horse to let it run faster which made Soojung scream in surprise. "Hold on tight!" Seulgi laughed and Soojung gripped onto her arms tightly. 

Soojung allowed herself to open her eyes slowly again as she felt the wind on her cheeks, it was a nice feeling that she was no longer trapped in her own room on the bed. She was free. 

"Do you like it?" Seulgi asked. She smiled when she saw Soojung nodding happily, her heart felt like she had skipped a beat when she saw Soojung turning around to look at her. 

"Thank you." Soojung smiled and leaned back against Seulgi's chest. Seulgi felt her face getting warmer despite the cold breeze brushing against her red cheeks. 

She felt happy. 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the third day that Soojung stayed in the palace. Seulgi and Soojung were inseparable and Seulgi would bring Soojung out to buy fancy stuffs for the younger princess. This made the younger princess fall deeper for the crown princess. 

However, Seulgi had been feeling slightly troubled over something. That day when she went into the town to buy something for Soojung, she saw the kids on the street playing something that she had a faint memory of. 

Catapult. 

She found it so familiar and she bought one back to the palace. That night, she tossed and the bed as she could not fall asleep because she felt that she remembered something but the memory was a vague one. In her dream that night, she dreamt of a small girl who was teaching her catapult but she could not see the face. All she could see was the little star birthmark on the back of the girl. 

It was the lunch time and Yoon Ah ordered the rest to bring in food for the princesses. Joo Hyun had recovered already and she could move around painlessly, Seulgi was surprised when she saw Joohyun bringing the food in. They bowed at the two princesses and they asked them to rise. 

"Your Highness, Her Majesty wants you to go over to her study room later." Yoon Ah relayed the message and Seulgi nodded. 

"What about Soojung?" She asked, looking at Soojung who was looking so demure. 

"Her Majesty calls for you only, Your Highness." Yoon Ah said and Seulgi nodded again. "We will take our leave now." Then they retreated and Seulgi looked at Joohyun as she left. She felt happy that she could finally see the girl but the girl did not look at her once. 

"Let's eat. If I have time later, I will show you the sword dance." Seulgi grinned at Soojung who nodded excitedly. 

After the lunch, Seulgi told Soojung to rest awhile first as she went over to her mother's place. When she arrived, she saw that the prime minister and the queen were also there. 

She greeted her mothers w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter