Eighteen

The Empire of Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looked at the girl sleeping soundly beside her, smiling because of the way the girl would frown as if she was dreaming something that she really disliked. Her fingers brushed the soft skin on the sleeping girl's cheek softly and she used the back of her fingers to touch the girl's forehead. Normal. 

Seulgi smiled and got up from the bed. Even though Joohyun was supposed to wake up before Seulgi woke up, to help her to wear her robe and wash up etcetera, Seulgi did not have the heart to wake her lover up. She let Joohyun have her sleep. 

"Yoon Ah," she went out to see Yoon Ah already standing by. Yoon Ah turned and bowed at the Empress. "Get Soojung here." She said and Yoon Ah nodded. Seulgi looked at the guards outside lazily before she turned back to walk into the room. She wanted Soojung to come and look after Joohyun while she was working, she was worried that the fever might come back again. 

She sat beside Joohyun on the bed and the girl's hair gently, sighing quietly to herself because Joohyun was just too beautiful to look at. She thought that she was the most blissful girl on earth because Joohyun loved her back. They would have children together and Seulgi had already planned to make their princesses a second rank the moment they enter the world. A huge privilege. 

Joohyun stirred when Seulgi accidentally tugged on her hair a little too hard. Seulgi pulled her hand back and was silently praying that Joohyun would not wake up but Joohyun frowned and rubbed her sleepy eyes, opening them to see Seulgi already staring at her. Joohyun blinked another few more times to adjust to the brightness and Seulgi chuckled softly because it was just an adorable sight. "Good morning." Seulgi greeted and brought Joohyun's hand up to her lips for a kiss, also to stop Joohyun from rubbing her eyes. 

"Good morning." Joohyun muttered. 

"Are you feeling better?" Seulgi asked, pulling the blanket higher for Joohyun to cover her bare torso and Joohyun blushed because she just realised that she was still not clothed. Seulgi pinched Joohyun's cheek and giggled, getting up to take out a new set of dress for Joohyun to wear for the day. Joohyun panicked when Seulgi was the one serving her and she quickly sat up but she was slower than Seulgi because Seulgi had already walked back to the bed and passed her the clean dress. 

"I'm sorry." Joohyun looked down and hugged the blanket closer to her body. She was a little scared that Seulgi might be displeased about it because she woke up later than the Empress. But Seulgi did not mind. 

"Don't be. Dress up first. I will be waiting outside." Seulgi said and leaned down to give Joohyun a kiss on the forehead. She thought that Joohyun would be too shy to get dressed in front of her so she left the room first. Joohyun was always very shy when it came to intimate stuffs. But when it is not, she was a rather playful girl that Seulgi could not handle sometimes. Seulgi smiled as she thought and closed the door behind her. 

Seulgi was standing outside for awhile until Soojung and a group of servants including Yoon Ah walked into Joohyun's place. They bowed when they saw Seulgi and Seulgi helped Soojung to get up. "Why are you standing outside? It is snowing." Soojung scolded lightly.

Seulgi rubbed her nape and smiled awkwardly. "Joohyun is changing." 

"What?" Soojung blinked at her wife. "Okay." She decided to not prompt any further and just stood beside Seulgi as they waited for Joohyun to change. "Why do you want me to come here?" Soojung asked softly. 

Seulgi noticed that Soojung was shivering a little and she took off her big coat to put it around Soojung's shoulders which Soojung protested but Seulgi insisted. "Today is going to be quite busy and I want you to look after Joohyun. I'm afraid that her fever will come back." Seulgi said and looked at Soojung to see the girl smiling softly at her. 

"I will take care of her. Don't worry." Soojung patted Seulgi's hand and she gasped when she felt how cold Seulgi's hands were. "How about we just go in? Your hands are so cold!" She rubbed the Empress' hands and brought them to to blow warm air. 

Seulgi could not help but smiled when she saw how worried Soojung was. "It is okay. I think she will be done soon." And just then, Joohyun opened the door to see Soojung holding Seulgi's hands close to her lips. Seulgi turned around and Soojung let go of her hands in the process. Joohyun bit her lip subtly and asked them to go in. Yoon Ah ordered the servants to serve the royal their breakfast and Joohyun had a few coughs here and there while they waited. "I have asked Soojung to stay and take care of you while I am working. I will come here again tonight." Seulgi said, patting Joohyun's back as she coughed again. 

"You don't have to..." Joohyun said and looked at Soojung. She appreciated it but she would feel awkward with Soojung around, considering the fact that she still felt a little sour when she saw the scene outside her room earlier. 

Soojung shook her head. "It's okay, I will do it." 

Seulgi smiled at Soojung gratefully and the servants brought the breakfast up. Soojung passed Seulgi the buns and some fillings to put in the buns. "Thank you." Seulgi said. Joohyun passed Seulgi a bowl of porridge and Seulgi patted the back of Joohyun's hand. "Thank you too." 

They ate quietly for awhile before Seulgi remembered about something. She put the bowl of porridge down and her two consorts stopped eating to look at her as Seulgi looked like she had something to say. 

"Soojung-ah, Joohyun-ah, I am letting you know first about the gathering next week. The ministers, officials, generals, nobles and royals are all attending it, so you have to prepare what to wear on that day. Go ahead if you want to make new dress, I don't mind." She looked at the both of them, turning left and right. 

"Do I have to tell Sana and Naeun about it?" Soojung asked. 

"I will appreciate it if you can." Seulgi said. Soojung nodded with a gentle smile and Seulgi patted Soojung's thigh. Joohyun caught it from the corner of her eyes and she was feeling jealous again, she decided to ignore the feeling as it would be even more awkward for her to be alone with Soojung later. 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi left awhile ago after the breakfast and the two consorts were sitting at the holding room to sew some fancy stuffs for Seulgi to wear. They were both very quiet until Soojung broke the silence. 

"Does Seulgi know?" Soojung asked without looking at Joohyun as she continued pulling the thread. 

Joohyun stopped what she was doing and she looked at Soojung who was just sewing peacefully. "Know about?" She inquired politely. 

"Kwon Yuri greeted us yesterday." Soojung replied. 

Joohyun's heart stopped beating for awhile and she put down her stuff to drink some water first. "N-No. I did not tell her." 

"It is okay. Not much of a big deal anyway." Soojung smiled. She looked up to see Joohyun being very tensed up. "Don't worry. I won't tell her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter