Part 9 ✦

You Can Change

“You’re really into that girl, aren’t you?” Jimin observed.

 

“What girl?” Jungkook replied.

 

“Minah, of course. At least she’s not messing with us like that other freak girl.”

 

The youngest simply nodded. If he was being honest, he agreed. Nothing out of the ordinary had happened whilst Minah had been around.

 

Jimin was right. Jungkook was back to his old self. He joined in the fights; he took turns at pushing Jaehwan down the halls. He was doing whatever the he wanted, because he was Jungkook.

 

And that was how it was supposed to be.

 

He hadn’t spoken to Youngmi in weeks; not even eye contact in lesson or whispers in the hallways. She’d cut him off completely, and he, her. His association with Minah was also a big part of that.

 

She’d convinced him that Youngmi’s actions were because of her feelings for him, that Youngmi didn’t want to date a ‘bad boy’ so she tried to change him.

 

Around three days after Minah had told him the shocking discovery, she’d also explained about how Minah and Youngmi had been friends for a very long time (she didn’t even say when they’d met, she just couldn’t remember) and that they’d talked online after Youngmi had moved to Jungkook’s school.

 

Apparently, Youngmi had talked about him a lot. And Minah had the messages to prove it.

 

They’d had an argument about a week before Minah moved to the school, the reason why she was so cold when she arrived.

 

For Jungkook, that was enough. His questions were answered, and he finally had a reason for Youngmi acting so strangely.

 

All in all, things were very clear:

 

Minah must’ve really embarassed her.

 

--

 

Things were getting out of hand. The kings of the school had taken a liking to the new girl, and she was becoming their Queen without them even realising it.

 

Weeks later, on a surprisingly sunny day, another new student, Choi Youngmin, had transferred over, and had introduced himself as Youngmi’s older brother by only around 10 months, meaning they were still in the same class.

 

Jungkook noticed how the siblings would leave class together, and have conversations in the hallway that Jungkook may or may not have listened to a few times.

 

“What’s happening, Youngmi? What’s going on?”

 

“It’s happening again, they’re trying to beat us again. What if they win?”

 

“They won’t win, not if you don’t give up. I’ll have to leave soon, maybe in a week or so, then it’ll be up to you.”


Though Minah had ‘explained’ everything to him, he was still massively intrigued as to what they were talking about. Who was ‘they’? Who was going to win, who were the sides, what was there to win?

 

But more importantly, what was everyone hiding?