Part 7 ✦

You Can Change

 

Youngmi was still staring at that goddamn door.

 

He hated being interested in her; he wanted nothing to do with her, in fact. Yet, being the curious - I know, it's unexpected - person Jungkook was, how could he simply ignore her when she was obviously expecting something to happen, and by the look on her face, it seemed like something bad.

 

It was only a few weeks later, on an unusually stormy morning that Jungkook had a faint idea of why Youngmi had been staring at the door, though he couldn’t be sure as the girl wasn’t actually there to witness what was happening.

 

They had a new student.

 

A girl, already causing half of the boys in the class to drool over her presence, and she obviously knew what she was doing, sending a few flirty winks here and there. Her confidence and attractiveness radiated from her so much so that you could almost witness the waves coming from her body.

 

Jungkook was already mesmerised. She seemed to focus on him specifically, lowering her dark sunglasses from her eyes (even though there was no light of the sun in sight outside) and staring at him.

 

“Please introduce yourself to the class,” Mr. Kang requested.

 

“I’m Kim Minah, I hope all of us-” she flickered her eyes over all the boys. “Can be very, good friends.”

 

Jungkook broke from his trance when the door clicked open and a very out of breath Youngmi ran into the classroom, about to take her seat when she noticed Minah out of the corner of her eye.

 

Her head slowly turned to the side, immediately glaring at the new girl. “You,” she half growled under her breath, but Jungkook still heard her.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” Minah looked hurt. “I don’t think I know you.”

 

Youngmi continued to glare.

 

“Well!” Mr. Kang clapped his hands together, attempting to clear the tension. “Miss Kim, where would you like to sit?”

 

Minah glanced, though Youngmi could tell she was faking, over the seats available, even though there were only two (there used to be 0, though a girl named Jung Yuna had transferred to another school just yesterday, leaving another seat). Her eyes met Jungkook’s, and she lifted a hand to point at the seat beside him.

 

“There.”

 

“Wait, that’s my seat,” Youngmi countered, speaking louder than anyone had ever heard her speak.

 

“Sir, don’t you think I could sit there instead. That boy seems very nice,” Minah turned to Mr. Kang, fully taking her glasses off and staring wide eyed at him.

 

“O-Of course. Youngmi, please move your things, and sit next to Kwangmin.”

 

“But-”

 

“No buts, Youngmi. Move,” the teacher repeated harshly.

 

The girl bit her lip anxiously, looking from Jungkook to Minah before she grabbed her stuff and sat beside who she was told to.

 

Minah gave her a sickeningly sweet smile before she slid into the seat next to Jungkook. Making sure to look to her left, where Youngmi was unhappily seated, beforehand, she began talking to Jungkook, and Youngmi could hear the flirtation laced within it.

 

Jungkook noticed Youngmi’s glaring, though he pretended not to.

 

How did these two know each other?