Part 4 ✦

You Can Change

It had to stop, it all had to stop.

 

The weight on his chest was becoming harder and harder to bear. Youngmi was nowhere in sight, and his friends were busy beating a poor kid who had made the mistake of bumping into one of them and dropping his and their books everywere, and Jungkook couldn’t take it anymore.

 

Jimin was about to throw another punch at the terrified boy, when Jungkook’s hand closed around his clenched fist.

 

“Stop.”

 

Jimin turned, eyes seething with anger. “What?

 

“I said stop it,” Jungkook said adamantly.

 

“And how.” Jimin shoved the younger boy at least two feet backwards. “Are you.” Another shove, another foot. “Going.” Another.  “To make.” Another. “Me do that?” He was up against the locker now. He didn't want a fight, but he was willing to put up one if he had to.

 

“Just stop it.”

 

“It’s that stupid girl isn’t it? Getting to your brain, making you think strangely. Where is she?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Yes you do!!

 

“No, I don’t-!”

 

Out of the corner of the shadows in the cafeteria, Youngmi decided to turn up in Jungkook’s line of view, and his heart dropped to the floor while a lump in his throat formed. He begged with his eyes for her to go, to get out of there, but before the message could get through Jimin’s eyes had followed the other boy’s directing to Youngmi. He stormed towards her, grabbing the collar around her neck and throwing her to the floor.

 

What do you think you’re doing brainwashing my friend? Hm? You come to this school. My school, and start trying to order my friends about?” He seethed at her on the floor.

 

A mutter came from Youngmi's mouth.

 

"What the did you just say?"

 

 

"I can't brainwash, I'm not ordering anyone about."

 

 

"Then what are you doing?" He shouted.

 

Youngmi stayed silent after that, and took what he gave her.

 

Jungkook took it upon himself to interrupt. “Jimin, you really don’t need to do this, it’s not her faul-”

 

“Be quiet,” he snapped, striking his fist as fast as a viper and hitting Jungkook hard in the face, causing him to stumble back against the lockers and bring his hands to his face.

 

“Now, you,” he snarled and pointed to Youngmi, who looked both terrified and determined on the floor.

 

Her wide eyes met Jungkook’s, and he could only stand and watch like the rest of the students there as Jimin kicked her in the stomach, and encouraged the rest of his friends to join him in doing so.


They all did; they were all too scared of Jimin, even Namjoon.