Part 6 ✦

You Can Change

Things had begun getting strange. Not that they weren’t strange before, but now people other than Jungkook had been noticing.

 

Another of his friends, Taehyung, more of a smart, intelligent student rather than an intimidating bully, had caught onto Jungkook’s behaviour. He knew it was something to do with the girl Jungkook had been sitting with for months. The youngest boy seemed to be less intimidating, seeming more and more vulnerable every day that Taehyung saw him.

 

He no longer liked the bullying sessions that they hosted, not that he seemed to enjoy them anyway; he was a bit of a recluse normally, but despite that, if you looked closely, you could usually see the light dance in his eyes whenever he was involved.

 

Not any more.

 

~~

 

Jungkook walked down the halls - alone - with his hands stuffed into his pockets. A brown bruise remained from when Jimin had punched him just a week ago, but he guessed it could be worse.  

 

Wait, what was he saying?

 

How could it possibly be worse?

 

He was losing his friends, he was losing his spark; people no longer feared him, and he wasn’t sure how to feel about that. He liked being feared by people, by just being silent. He hated what she was doing to him, just her presence. She was ruining him, ruining his life, and he wasn’t going to take it anymore- no matter who (or what) hurt him.

 

No more talking, no more accepting her attitude towards him. It had to stop.

 

And with just enough bad luck again (at least by Jungkook’s perception), Youngmi was coming towards him, her head wasn’t down; she was looking straight at him, as if she knew what was to come.

 

Before he could think straight, he’d already grabbed her by her blazer and smashed her back against the metal lockers, ending with a piercing clatter.

 

Youngmi said nothing, she simply stared, wide eyed at him, as if she was surprised but not at the same time.

 

“What are you doing to me?” He demanded.

 

She stayed silent, continuing to stare blankly at him.

 

“I said,” he slammed her again. “What are you doing to me?”

 

His voice rose, and his temper was on it’s last fuse. This was the Jungkook everyone knew; the Jungkook that everyone thought and feared he was behind the quiet mask.

 

“Don’t tell me then. But I’m warning you. Leave me alone. Get out of the seat next to mine. Move. Change schools for all I care, but if I even see you trying to get involved with me and my friends again-” he spat. “-I won’t even feel remorse for what Jimin will do to you.”

 

He let go, and she fell the the floor.

 

Guilt was felt as he walked away from her, but he couldn’t turn back. He fought it, and carried on walking.

 

~~

 

After his outburst, it was safe to say that Jungkook was very surprised to see Youngmi, sat in the seat next to his, as if nothing had happened.

 

The teacher didn’t mention the fact that Jungkook was late, he rarely did. He slammed the door shut and harshly shoved himself down onto the chair, causing Youngmi to jump from both noises.

 

They didn’t speak. Youngmi stared at the door while Jungkook simply stared straight ahead.

 

Hours of class passed and yet Youngmi didn’t shift her gaze from the door, it’s as if she knew something was going to happen, and Jungkook was beginning to believe it was.