Part 10 ✦

You Can Change

What Jungkook had heard, unfortunately for Youngmi, was correct. The following week, it seemed as if Youngmin had disappeared into thin air, and hadn’t been there in the first place.

 

Nobody seemed to know him, or rather, people remembered the name, they just had no idea where they remembered it from.

 

Eventually Jungkook had to confide in Minah, she was the only one other than Youngmi that he’d seen speak to the boy, and the other option wasn’t very talkative at that time.

 

“You remember that guy, right?” Jungkook stood with his side leant against his locker while Minah stood in front of him, staring at him blankly.

 

“..Who?”

 

 

"That guy, Youngmin, the one who transferred after you."

 


"I don't know what you're talking about."
 

 

“Youngmin! Choi Youngmin! Youngmi’s older brother! Don’t you remember?”

 

“I don’t want to make it seem like you’re crazy or anything, but are you sure you didn’t imagine it?”

 

“Minah, listen to me, I didn’t imagine it, I remember his face as clear as day.”

 

“But are you sure?

 

“Of course I’m sure.”

 

“Then, I don’t know, I haven’t seen any transfer students since myself. Maybe you should ask Youngmi about it, seen as it’s her brother you’ve seen,” she said bitterly.

 

Something fired up within Jungkook when he saw her eyes as she said Youngmi’s name. As if she was jealous, but it felt as if her anger had radiated to him.

 

“There was no reason that it was her brother, I like you, okay?”

 

“Did you just-?”

 

“Yeah, yeah I did.”

 

Minah smiled widely, her green eyes sparkling as she began leaning up, while Jungkook let himself lean down towards her, his mind getting caught up in her eyes before she closed them. She was on her tiptoes, their lips barely touching, when a piercing scream echoed through the hallway.

 

Jungkook was thrown backwards, his back hitting the metal lockers opposite with a bang before he fell to the floor.

 

White flashed before his eyes, before green was thrown back, almost hitting his shoulder. His vision was blurred as he tried to stand, only to be pulled back down. It felt as if his entire body weighed a tonne; whatever he tried, he could not stand up.

 

His arms and legs waved and scrambled and flailed until they became fatigued, there was nothing he could do. His breathing was heavy and quick; the hallway felt as if it was on fire as sweat built up around his forehead and cheeks, and his uniform clung to his body, soaked.  

 

The mix of colours continued, overwhelming his brain so much so that he had to close his eyes. What sounded like lightning came dangerously close to his ear.

 

What was happening?

 

He tried to yell, but nothing would come out; he tried to open his eyes again, but the light would blind him.

 

Something hit his shoulder this time, a searing pain spreading through his arm as he clutched onto it for dear life and his eyes scrunched together, trying to bear the pain.


That’s when he out.