Part 17 (Final)✦

You Can Change

Dear Jungkook,

 

Well, first, I assume you’re wondering when or how I learnt your name, right?

 

Jungkook had almost not realised that she'd never addressed him by his name.

 

I just want to say I knew it all along, I just thought acting like I didn’t know it or care about it would help this situation right now.

 

You see, Jungkook, I was sent for you. My job- What I do, it requires me to help people like you see their ways and change them. I thought you were just another project, I thought it would be easy to leave, but after meeting you and your friends, I knew it would be harder than I thought. It would take longer than usual to help you, and I knew I would become attached.

 

This isn’t allowed, at all, but in this letter I wanted to explain everything that happened. I assume you remember the transfer students half way through the year?

 

Minah is my polar opposite. Her real name isn’t even Minah, and I wouldn’t want to risk your health by writing it in this letter so, I’ll leave it.

Her realm is completely different from mine. I come from the place you would know as being in the clouds, where everyone wears those white robes similar to those of Greeks (I hope you get what I mean), and Minah comes from the place you know as hell. Fire and death and evil, which can describe her personality.

 

I don’t blame you for falling in love with her, very few don’t.

 

She was sent to ruin me, to ruin my people’s plans of helping you and your friends, and whilst I considered that you didn’t want to change or become a different person, I couldn’t just stand and let her do that to you when I knew somewhere in you there was something good. And there was. You proved it to me and everyone else that there is good in everyone, even the baddest of the bad (I think we both know I’m referring to Jimin, here).

 

But anyway, Youngmin, I assume you remember? Came to help me deal with Minah, her powers were stronger and I thought I couldn’t handle it by myself but I realised I could when I won the fight in the corridor and Minah was banished (I’m sorry for messing up your shoulder, I was trying to protect you). I'm also sorry for ruining your moment, if I would've let that happen , there would've been no stopping her. I made everyone but you forget their names and who they were because it would’ve been difficult with all the questions people would ask about it, it was arouse too much suspicion. I let you remember so this letter would be easier to understand.

 

In all honesty, I wanted you and your friends to stay as you were for a few months, so I wouldn’t have to leave, but I’m glad I helped you, I never regret meeting you, and I don’t regret the things that happened to me to get you to where you are now.

 

I know how close you and Taehyung used to be, I can sense it. I think… I think you should become like that again, he’s a good person to have around. He saw me before I left and thanked me, he’s the only other one that remembers me, I couldn’t just let him forget, he wanted to help you too.

 

I hope this explains everything I never could in person.

 

What Minah said about me was a lie before, though, now I'm not sure if I've changed my mind or not.

 

I’ll miss you, Jungkook.

 

All my love, Youngmi.




 

Jungkook was not going to let himself cry. He understood. He understood the letter and it’s contents, he understood why Youngmi couldn’t tell him this in person, and he understood why she left.

 

But he wanted to test something before he let go of her - not forever, just for now. When the bell sounded for break, and after the tears b his eyes had calmed, he called Jimin over.

 

He showed him the paper. “What do you see?”

 

Jimin stared at the paper, and for a worried moment, Jungkook was scared that the boy was reading it. “I see nothing. It’s a blank piece of paper.”

 

Relief.

 

“Uh, okay.”

 

“Are you coming to the cafeteria?”

 

“Nah, I’ll just stay in here for a while,” he said. The rest of his friends filed out of the room and he was alone.

 

He reread the letter.


I’ll miss you too, Youngmi.

 

 

~~

 

A/N

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you liked the ending etc

If anyone has any questions, feel free to dm me (I would say comment, but new readers may not want spoilers)

 

But anyway, thank you for subscribing and reading, ily all!! ~~