Part 16 ✦

You Can Change

Jungkook was running. For the first time in years, he was running to school, and not because he was late.

 

In fact, he was early; half an hour early, if we're being exact - the same time he knew she would be there. She was always sat in the class when he arrived.

 

He ran down the corridor with a huge smile on his face, almost bumping into Taehyung along the way.

 

“Woah, where are you going so fast?”

 

“Youngmi. I-I need to see her,” he panted.

 

Taehyung’s face dropped. “Why?”

 

“I have-I have something to tell her. It’s important. I-I,” Jungkook paused for breath. “I think I like her, a lot.”

 

The boy had already taken off running before Taehyung could tell him to stop.

 

Jungkook’s face fell when he entered the classroom. How could she not be here yet when she'd turned up this early for 3 months?

After a brief glance over the room, his eyes spotted his friends huddled together in a corner, and he approached them for an answer. “Hey, have any of you seen Youngmi this morning?”

 

His friends stared blankly at him before they looked between each other with confusion. “Sorry, Jungkook. Who?”

 

“Youngmi. Choi Youngmi,” Jungkook’s voice cracked as he said the name.

 

“I don’t know who that is but… I hope you find her,” Jimin gave his friend a reassuring smile and a fist bump to the shoulder.

Jungkook’s eyes almost hurt because of the tears he was holding back. He slumped in his seat until the teacher arrived and told him to get his books out. They’d been a lot more strict with the group of boys for a few weeks now.

 

He rolled his eyes and lifted the desk, his gaze resting on a folded piece of paper trapped between two books, a little edge poking through to let him know it was there.

 

“What the-” he whispered to himself, sliding the paper out and taking it into his hands.

 

On the paper, his name was written in spiralled and old fashioned handwriting. He didn’t that the teacher was starting the lesson whilst he stared at and finally opened the note.


His heart dropped. It had happened again. Except, this time, there was no one left to remember.