Part 3 ✦

You Can Change

“Hyung, I’m serious. He’s going to die,” Jungkook persisted onto Namjoon, as Jaehwan’s head was shoved into the water again and again by Jimin, who was showing no signs of stopping. “Should we just give him a break?”

 

Namjoon thought to himself for a while, considering Jungkook's words unlike he did yesterday. “Okay, fine. I think the poor kid’s had enough.” The leader strode over to Jimin and laid a hand on his shoulder. “Jimin, I think he’s done for today.”

 

“Come on, just a few-” The look on Namjoon’s face told Jimin he wasn’t jokinf, and he finally dropped Jaehwan’s head before stalking off.

 

Jungkook would never forget Namjoon’s confused expression when Jimin had left, as if he’d been in a trance.

 

~~

 

“You stopped it! You stopped it!” Before Jungkook could even sit down Youngmi had her arms around him from the side and her head uncomfortably on his shoulder.

 

He squirmed under her arms before she finally let go. “Yeah, yeah, whatever, not a big deal. I did what you wanted me to. Just don’t hug me.”

 

Seriously, this girl was getting on his nerves with her confident behaviour around him, when she should be fearing him; no one talked to him like that except for his friends.

 

Fear struck him again as he met eyes with Jimin, who had seen everything judging by the look on his face, before he turned back around.

 

He felt Youngmi’s eyes on him and he instantly turned to her. “What do you want?”

 

“Are you going to do it again?”

 


“Are you going to leave me alone?”

 

“That’s based on your decisions.”

 

Jungkook went silent. How was it based on his decision? She could’ve meant to just ignore her if he wanted to, but he knew there was more to it.

 

But for the time being, he was just going to pretend she didn’t exist; he could feel Jimin getting annoyed by the minute every time he interacted with her and, even though they were friends, he had no doubt in his mind that Jimin would do something about it eventually.

 

~~

 

Youngmi didn’t speak to him for the next few days, she rarely moved from her seat, even at Lunch and break, and Jungkook no longer saw her in the hallways when his friends were busy beating Jaehwan and whoever else they wanted to.

 

But, even though she wasn’t there, he still felt a weight on his chest. Guilt? Maybe? Surely not.

 

He’d been doing what he’d been doing for most of his high school life, how could it all change now?

 

And especially, all because of one girl, whom he’d known barely weeks.