Part 8 ✦

You Can Change

What do you think you’re doing?”

 

Minah turned, her hair flicking from one shoulder to the other as she batted her eyelids innocently at Youngmi. “I-I don’t know what you mean.”

 

“Drop the act, no one’s around. I know what you are, so what the hell are you doing here?”

 

Minah waited a few seconds, staring at and fiddling with her nails before she looked back up.

 

“My seatmate seems nice, doesn’t he.”

 

“Don’t you dare.”

 

“I-I don’t know what you mean, Youngmi.”

 

“Yes, you do. If you dare touch him, I’ll make sure it’s the last thing you do.”

 

“How? It’s a game, Youngmi. And you’re on the losing side, you always will be.

 

Forever.

 

--

 

Jungkook had no idea what ‘games’ and ‘losing forever’ had to do with him, but he knew one thing:

 

he wanted to find out.

 

--

 

Minah was already there when he arrived back at class, and so was Youngmi.

 

Before Jungkook could even shut the door, Youngmi had flown like the wind to where he was standing.

 

“C-Could I please talk to you?” She whispered.

 

He folded his arms and leaned against the door. “Go ahead.”

 

“No, I mean, o-outside.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Please.”

 

He rolled his eyes, pretending to look bored as he lazily left the class with Youngmi trailing behind. Before she spoke, she made sure to check every corner for any human beings coming before she finally stood in front of him.

 

“Minah has to move.”

 

Jungkook scoffed. “This is what it’s about? Minah?”

 

“Yes. She has to move.” This was the most confident and loud Youngmi had ever been around him, and he knew she was serious, but he wanted more information.

 

“Why should I? How do you know each other?”

 

“Not the point, she just needs to move, or you do, whichever. Just, please.”

 

“Tell me what I want to know and I might think about it.”

 

“But-”

 

“Fine, I’ll just sit next to Minah then,” Jungkook began stomping off.

 

“Wait! Fine! What do you want to know?”

 

He faced her. “What’s up with you and her? How do you know each other?”

 

“S-She went to my old school, and we weren’t friends, I didn’t like her.”

 

“Oh, what school?”

 

“It was in… Busan.”

 

“Oh, Busan Amazing Skill High School?-”

 

“Yes! That one.”

 

“- Not even a school, liar. Tell me the truth, or no moving.”

 

“You’re one to talk about the truth,” she muttered. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that, it’s just that-”

 

“She has a crush on you,” a voice came from behind them. “Don’t you, Youngmi?”

 

The girl spun on her heel to greet the voice.

 

“Minah,” she growled.

 

--

 

“Are you serious, Youngmi? This is just about a stupid crush?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Of course not!” The girl cried.

 

“Then what’s the reason you want-” He was cut off by Youngmi’s palm over his lips.

 

“Want… What?” Minah batted her eyelashes.

 

Jungkook looked between the two girls: Youngmi looked guilty, while Minah still had the look of an innocent, curious five year old girl on her, and the boy rubbed his neck due to the cringing he honestly wanted to do because of it.

 

“Wanted to borrow my notes? Why didn’t you ask someone else?” Jungkook shoved his hands into his pockets.

 

“B-Because, you’re the only one that I know properly. I-It doesn’t matter anyway. I-I’ll leave you.”

 

“Wait, Young-” But she was gone; around the corner and out of sight.

 

He watched the place where she’d disappeared, as if she’d suddenly appear again and he could speak to her.

 

“Should we go back to class?” Minah’s piercingly high voice pulled him back to reality.

 

He was about to nod and leave without her, but as soon as he turned and made eye contact with the new girl, he became mesmerised. Though he felt like every boy in his class, he couldn’t help it, her eyes were hypnotising. They were a strange green colour, brighter than any he’d seen before. Even though he knew they were probably contacts, there was just something about them.

 

“Y-Your eyes,” was all he could say.

 

“Oh! Yeah, I-I wear contacts, do you like them?” She looked up at him with widened eyes, and Jungkook fell even harder. “Well, we’d better get back to class?”

 

He could barely nod, before he followed her down the corridor.

 

--

 

The only thing Jungkook could even cross over his mind that day was Minah. Her, everything about her. Her eyes, nose, lips, hair, aura.

 

It was safe to say, he was in a complete trance.