Part 1 ✦

You Can Change

Is there really a life after death? Is there such thing as ghosts? Are they able to walk on earth, but not be seen by the living? Do guardian angels exist? Helping mortals stop their mistakes and correct them?

 

Jungkook had never given a second thought to these questions. He didn’t believe in the supernatural, religion or anything other that goes beyond this universe that wasn’t based purely on scientific fact.

 

He never believed in karma, or expect to be hurt by those he’d once hurt.

 

If I'm going to make things clearer, he was a bully. He didn’t care about people’s feelings; he didn’t care if he hurt someone; he didn’t care about the tears pouring from someone’s eyes once he’d said something hurtful or rude to them.

 

No girls fawned over him, though there were the psychopaths who loved all that ‘bad boy’ crap, thinking it was all fun and games when it wasn’t. His friends consisted of six other boys, and they pretty much kept to themselves. They usually walked the halls like gods, in a formation that filled the entire width of the hallway and forced people to stand against the walls like statues while the Kings walked past.

 

Jungkook was the worst of his group; even though he was the youngest, he wasn’t the weakest, and being young didn’t stop the majority of the school cowering in his presence. He wasn’t the muscle, he wasn’t the leader, but he had an aura about him that said he should be feared, and that was what most people trusted.

 

“Jungkook, coming to class?” Jimin inquired, pointing towards their classroom when the named boy was about to walk straight past it.

 

He nodded, and they all entered, a swift wave of silence sweeping through the room when everyone realised they had arrived.

 

At the back of the class by himself, Jungkook took his seat while his friends spread into their pairs before the teacher arrived.

 

With a girl.

 

He was screwed, and he knew it; he was the only one in that class without a seatmate, and he happened to sodding like it that way.

 

“Class, meet Choi Youngmi, she will be in here for the rest of the year,” Mr. Kang announced. All of Jungkook’s friends turned to look at him, whilst the teacher looked nervous, knowing Jungkook had a seat by himself for a reason.

 

After a few seconds of utter anticipation, the boy unexpectedly nodded, sliding down in his seat and stuffing his hands in his pockets as the teacher allowed the girl to her desk, before she sat down nervously. Jungkook didn’t even glance at the girl, and instead looked to the side and around the room: anywhere but at Youngmi.

 

Until a small voice piped up beside him.

 

He turned towards her. “What?”

 

A meager cough was heard as an attempt to raise the volume of her voice, before she repeated her words. “What’s your name?”

 

“That’s all you wanted to ask?” Jungkook said, unsatisfied that she’d bothered him with something as simple as wanting to know his name.

 

 

“You’ll find out soon enough.”

 

 


 

Really short first chapter, but I just wanted to give a feel of the characters a little bit even though we don't know Youngmi that well yet... It will be infrequent updates as I have exams this year, but I'll write this if I ever need a break from it all.

 

I hope you enjoyed :)