-13- The Love -13-

Father by Accident
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin moves right over to Kyungsoo's bedside on quiet footfalls that sound ominously close to the harsh pounding of his frightened heart. And when he is finally at his side, he takes Kyungsoo's limp hand in his own, lightly tracing the lines and groves of his fingers as he feels the blood steadily pulsing there beneath each one. He was so scared. Terrified even. That he was going to lose the love of his life.

He almost felt numb inside when that fear suddenly gripped at him hard. He would've been a single father raising their newly born daughter all on his own. And that knowledge in itself, petrified him even more. This day wasn't supposed to be like this. Kyungsoo was supposed to go in to labour and then deliver their healthy baby girl whilst cussing him two ways to hell and back as he stood by his side holding on to his harshly gripping hand throughout it all.

Slowly lifting Kyungsoo's hand up to his lips, Jongin presses a gentle kiss against the back of his hand. He was going to stay by his side until he wakes up. He was determined to do so until the very end of time.

Kyungsoo was his everything. If it wasn't for Dr. Cho's epic screw up in the first place, he would not have ever had him by his side for the rest of his existence at all. Not that he's ever truly forgiven her or her hospital for what they'd done in the slightest sense or something. He wasn't that insane. What she did to them could've ruined their entire lives. He's just thankful that she gave him Kyungsoo by way of her life altering mistake.

Jongin releases his hold on the slumbering male's hand, gently placing it back down upon the bed next to him. Afterwards, he takes a seat in the chair next to the bed, just watching him complete in silence. In the darkness of the room. He would stay that way until Kyungsoo awakes with slow cautious movements of his aching body upon the bed. And in response to that, he hurriedly gets up from his seat quickly to call forth a Nurse for their immediate help.

In a flash, Dr. Kang enters the room to take care of her scared and panicking patient. Knowing full well that he would only remember losing so much blood and completely passing out from the sight of it as a result. She had to soothed him and reassure him that his child was perfectly healthy and absolutely fine. Concurrently, she removes the breathing mask from over his face, ordering a Nurse to go retrieve the newly arrived Kim baby from out of the hospital nursery.

The Nurses next to the bed help Kyungsoo sit up on it with careful hands, just as their daughter is wheeled in to the room in her tiny bed. She is wide awake and staring out in a world she does not yet understand with her big almond shaped brown eyes. Jongin goes to her side and slowly takes her in to his arms.

She squirms about within his hands almost as if she's excited to finally be in her father's hold. And Kyungsoo gives up on a choked cry at the sight of them together, a picturesque vision standing right before his very eyes. At that sound, Jongin makes his way over to him with their daughter still held securely in his grasp, her tiny body wiggling excitedly in his hands.

Kyungsoo holds out his own arms in order for Jongin to place their daughter safely in to them. He cradles her head with complete care as she stares blankly up at him. A smile is in place over his lips as he cries tears of pure joy, because this moment is all that he has ever wanted it to be way before he had ever met Kim Jongin- his soulmate.

He has always wanted children- a family of his own for a very long while. And he had never thought that he would ever get the chance to have them, because he has always felt like no one had wanted anything to do with him. In light of this notion, he had seen this ad in the local newspaper about the insemination program that the local hospital had only just recently begun to establish there. And that's how he'd found himself in front of Dr. Helen Cho having the procedure done to him that the following week.

He just wasn't prepared to be called in to Dr. Cho's office once again, after he'd only just found out that he'd actually conceived on the very first try. He had been so shocked to find out that there had been a mix up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter