A kiss will do it

The name that never fades

Ahh I forgot to say this in the first chapter but I made kookie a 96 liner to make the progress a bit faster, just so no one gets confused later on! x) Also wow, just thank you so much for the comments on chapter one, I wasn't sure to put this up or not, but thank you everyone for making me certain it was a good decition! *hugs * for all of you! 

New chapter, new soulmate being revealed, enjoy! ^u^


Namjoon POV 

Namjoon woke up as a bit of sunlight danced over his eyes through the shutters. He groaned, barely managing to open his eyes to look at the clock. 07.45. He rolled over onto his back, slowly opening and closing his eyes to wake up. It was Monday, another week of school. He rubbed his eyes before stretching his arms up towards the ceiling, and he froze. He slowly lowered his left arm, staring wide eyed. Suddenly very awake. Right above his elbow, on the inside of his upper arm, a few dotted lines had appeared.  

김석진 (Kim Seokjin) 

Namjoon kept repeating the name as he traced the letters with his fingers. ' Kim Seokjin' he said out loud. Checking how it sounded coming out of his mouth. It sounded foreign to his ears, and he sighed as he got out of bed.  

He couldn't stop looking at the name, his soulmates name, while he made breakfast and put on the coffee. He didn't know anyone with that name, and frankly he didn't really want to know. The only letters he'd want on his skin would be the letters spelling out M-i-n Y-o-o-n-g-i. Society could say what they wanted about soulmates, but Namjoon knew enough to know that the way his heart would beat around Yoongi wasn't anything less. It meant just as much as being a soulmate meant.  

As he poured his morning coffee into his favorite mug, his eyes locked onto the stationary supplies on his desk in the living room. He walked over and found one of his black markers. He rolled up the sleeve on his shirt and covered the letters in a thick layer of black ink. He smiled only for a second, before the tiny grey dots making the lines emerged again. They were actually even more noticeable now with the solid black background. Namjoon annoyingly groaned loudly as he pulled down his sleeve again. 

He looked at the clock as he took the first sips of the coffee. 08.00. Namjoon still hadn't heard anything from Yoongi. He quickly made another cup of coffee, and made his way over to the others bedroom. He didn't care to knock, just opened the door to find a peacefully sleeping Yoongi still in bed. Namjoon put down the cup of coffee on the bedside table.  

Yoongi was fast asleep. Namjoon sat at the edge of the bed and took in the sight. How the elder's black hair contrasted his pale skin, how his cheeks had a slight hint of pink in them. How his lips were barely parted as heavy rhythmic breaths made their way out between them. Namjoon felt the urge to wipe away the others bangs so he could admire the long eye lashes that rested against his cheekbones. He felt his heart speed up a little as Yoongi turned in his sleep, causing the duvet to slide a little, revealing the top of his bare chest. 

Namjoon blushed and was going to cover Yoongi up when he got a better idea. He laid down next to Yoongi and wrapped his arm around his smaller frame, and rested his face in Yoongi's hair. If they didn't have school Namjoon would love to fall asleep again like this, but they were already late so the wonderful moment had to be cut short.  

Namjoon hugged Yoongi tighter as he wiggled in bed to make the older wake up. Yoongi groaned unhappily.  

'Good morning handsome' Namjoon whispered.  

Namjoon felt Yoongi tense up, and his body went stiff.  

' Namjoon, I've seen what kind of video's you watch on your laptop. If you do not get your erted out of my bed, I will personally kick you out' Yoongi's voice was cold as ice, but not the slightest intimidating.  

' Woah, is that the way to treat me on my birthday and when I made the coffee?' Namjoon got up, and threw a t-shirt laying on the floor at the sleepyhead. ' I'm leaving in 10 minutes, so get ready or find your way to class alone.'  

------- 

In the middle of second period Yoongi made his entrance and quietly sat down in his seat next to Namjoon. His eyes were barely open and his hair was hidden in a big blue beanie, only a few strands of hair poking out here and there.  

' Did you seriously fall asleep again?' Namjoon whispered. 

'No'  Yoongi answered slightly offended.  

' Then what the hell have you been doing the first period?'  

' I was so tired I didn't notice I was sitting in poetry class until just a few minutes ago' Yoongi whispered embarrassed.  

Namjoon started laughing. 

' KIM NAMJOON' Their composition teacher glared at him.  

' Sorry...' Namjoon lowered his head, sinking down in his chair while he covered his mouth and kept snickering.   

---- 

' Kim Seokjin, huh? Can't say it rings a bell' Yoongi said before taking another bite of his sandwich.  

Namjoon only shrugged, he wasn't really interested in this new and unknown soulmate.  

' Are you seriously not even the slightest curious who this person is?' Yoongi looked at him questionably. ' Like what they look like, or what they do for a living? How old they are?' Yoongi snickered before he continued. ' Maybe he is like super old' . 

' You know what, no. I'm not curious at all about what this Kim Seokjin is doing or not doing' Namjoon took a sip of his coffee. ' What I am curious about is what you are giving me for my birthday' he continued as he smirked.  

' Never going to happen, ert' Yoongi made a face. 

' What?! I didn't even say anything?' Namjoon did his best to look innocently at the guy on the other side of the table.  He was rewarded with a kick under the table as Yoongi happily consumed his lunch.  

' We could check phonebooks and stuff, maybe search online if you want you know?'  

' Argh will you let it go, I really don't care. Can we talk about something else?' Namjoon looked out the window annoyed. Who cared what a stranger was up to anyway, when Namjoon's heart already beat for the one sitting right here with him.  

---- 

' But Yoongi, did you seriously not get me anything for my birthday?'  

Namjoon and Yoongi were walking home, finished with the day's lectures. 

' Well I thought of asking you and Hobi to join me on the exam project, giving you the opportunity to work with a genius. Sounds like an irreplaceable birthday gift to me' Yoongi answered honestly. 

' Seriously? That's all you're giving your best friend on his 19th birthday?' Namjoon stopped and looked at Yoongi in disappointment.  

' Well I did think about treating you take out, so you wouldn't hurt yourself in the kitchen?' Yoongi shrugged.  

' Not good enough, give me a kiss and I'll let your hurtful gift ideas slide' Namjoon said seriously.  

' What? No, gross'  

' Oh my god Yoongi. It's just a tiny peck on the cheek! Even kids does this' Namjoon begged. ' It doesn't mean anything, unless you want it to of course' He winked at Yoongi who's cheeks had gotten a faint pink color.  

' Would you really be done talking about these birthday gift things then? A kiss on the cheek is enough?' Yoongi asked carefully.  

Namjoon thought about it for a second. Of course there would be other things he'd want from Yoongi, but he didn't want to make the other to uncomfortable. And even thinking about Yoongi's pretty pink lips on his skin had Namjoon internally squealing.  

' And let's go out celebrate!' Namjoon announced.' Let's get Hobi to join, and let's hit a club and really celebrate that all of us are now 19'  

' When you mention it, have you seen Hobi around lately? Hasn't he been acting weird all since his birthday?' Yoongi sounded worried.  

' Hmm, hadn't thought about it but yes, I think so. We didn't really celebrate his birthday either so let's do it right this time. He probably needs a night out with the gang!'  

' Come to think of it. Wouldn't Hobi be the kind of guy to show off his soulmate?' Yoongi looked up at Namjoon.  

' Totally! That's weird. When you mention it, I don't think he even showed us the name did he?'  

' Not that I can remember.. Strange' Yoongi started messaging on his phone.' I'll send him a message to meet up at our place at 8, sounds good?'  

' Sounds perfect! Now, back to that kiss you were going to give me' Namjoon smiled so bright his dimples showed.  

Yoongi's cheeks was painted pink in seconds, and Namjoon couldn't help but think about how cute he looked all flustered. Yoongi took a step closer so he was standing right next to Namjoon.  

' Don't you dare turn you head, or I will personally kill you' the older threatened.  

' The thought wouldn't cross my mind! I'm just looking straight forward'  

Namjoon couldn't help feel tempted, but his mind quickly came up with something just as good.  

' Are you going to give me this kiss today, or are we going to stand here for the remainder of the year?' Namjoon teased.  

' Shut up! And do not move' 

Namjoon noticed how Yoongi's voice sounded slightly nervous, and quickly peeked to his left. Yoongi was only a few inches away from his face. Namjoon's swallowed as his heart sped up.  

' I said don't move! Or I'll just forget about this stupid idea' Yoongi complained.  

' No, no, sorry! I'm not moving' Namjoon stood as still he possibly could with a heart that wanted to jump out of his chest.  

He could feel Yoongi's hot breath on his cheek and he quickly put his hand in his pocket to find his phone.  

A few seconds later a pair of gentle and soft lips pressed against his heating cheek. Namjoon quickly pressed the button, before shoving his phone in his pocket again. Yoongi pulled away.  

' Ughh' Yoongi childishly wiped his mouth on the back of his hand.  

They started walking again, Namjoon's cheeks still flushed and dimples on display.  

' Yah, wipe that stupid expression off your face' Yoongi grunted. But Namjoon didn't hear him, too occupied on his phone.  

'Awhhh look how cute!' Namjoon excitedly turned his screen so Yoongi could see.  

Yoongi's eyes darkened as he saw the picture Namjoon had taken a few moments earlier. Yoongi reached for the phone but Namjoon just held it straight up. Being taller had its advantages, like right now.  

' Look how cute you are when your nose scrunch up like that?' Namjoon teased as he fixed so that the picture became his new background.  

' Shut up, I should have known you'd be up to something'  

' I'm using it as my background picture' Namjoon announced happily.  

' Don't you dare!' Yoongi stared angrily up at him.  

' Too late! Cutest background picture in history! Look at us, we're adorable!' Namjoon kept admiring the picture. He really did think they looked good together. He liked how you could see Yoongi tip toeing to reach Namjoon's cheek. Best birthday gift so far.  

' Brat, why am I even friends with you...'  

' Because I'm your favorite of course'  

' You keep on dreaming, Namjoon' They both smiled as they reached their dorm.  


Can you guess who we will see in the next chapter? :3 

Thank you so much for reading! Have a wonderful day and leave a comment if you like! 

Im sorry I just wanted to post this before bed so it's not 100% beta'd so im sorry if there is a lot of mistakes, I will check it when I wake up!