Where is it?!

The name that never fades

A/N: Wow, thank you guys so incredibly much for your love and comments, I had so much fun reading them! And here is yet another chapter, ahh, some of you guessed it, it's Hobi's turn in the spotlight! The excited sunshine, who will be his soulmate? I will leave it up to you to find out and I'll see you at the end of the chapter! :3 ( I'm kind of nervous posting this, I don't know if I executed this well or not, I'm crossing my fingers tho) 

 


Hoseok POV

Hoseok couldn't sleep, it was only a few hours and he would be 19. He would finally figure out who his soulmate was, and truth be told he was super excited. He first thought about staying up to see it right away, but time went by so slowly he decided to head to bed and wake up earlier instead. He took a last glance in the mirror as he changed into his pajama pants. Untouched light skin. Tomorrow somewhere it would be a name, tomorrow his soulmate's name would decorate him.

He ended up staring at the ceiling as he heard the ticking off the clock as minutes passed. He looked at the clock for the 5th time in 2 minutes. 23.07. Hoseok was going mad. He turned around so his face rubbed into his pillow and sighed loudly.

He started wondering who his soulmate would be, he really had no clue. Hoseok had only had one crush his whole life. Unless of course you counted that girl with no front teeth in kindergarten, which he didn't. So really, he only counted the crush he lowkey had had on Jimin since he joined their dance team. Then again who was really to blame when the younger wore those low cut singlet's which made your mind run wild in a matter of seconds. And the faces he would make when he was so into his zone he didn't notice Hoseok's staring. It was pretty impossible to not look at Jimin when he moved, how his thigh muscles would...Nope, mind running wild!

' Sleep, sleep, sleep! Stupid head' he drummed at his head with his hands.

When that didn't help he sat up. ' Maybe some meditating will help me fall asleep.' Hoseok put on some soothing music and tried to focus on his breathing. After a good 40 minutes fighting his own thoughts his mind started to become foggy and he laid back down.

' See you tomorrow..Soulmate' he whispered as he was off to sleep.

 

 

 

' Where is it? Why can't I find it?' Hoseok shouted frustrated.

He had been standing in the bathroom for a good 10 minutes, carefully examining every inch of his skin to find a name, without any luck. He had even done some embarrassing things to make sure he hadn't missed it. He even looked in his hair for crying out loud, he just couldn't find it. At this point Hoseok was getting worried and quickly searched up online. He found some articles saying that you could in fact get your name some days before or after your birthday, so there was no reason to panic if you didn't find it on the day itself.

Hoseok breathed out with a calmer heart as he read it. He just had to wait a couple days and it would show up, and he smiled again as he looked forward to the surprise.

But it didn't happen. 7 days after his birthday and Hoseok still couldn't find anything no matter how thorough he searched. Hoseok cried as he called his doctor, which told him to call the soulmate counseling office and get an appointment there.

A week later and Hoseok was standing in the huge lobby of the soulmate counseling office. Usually you would only come here when you'd met your soulmate to get your apartment. Yes, the state actually gave you an apartment for the two of you to live in. Hoseok guessed it was to make it easier to form a relationship with your soulmate. But here he was, without a soulmate waiting for some guy called Mr. Kang.

Hoseok tapped his foot and nervously played with his hands. He still hadn't found a name. Was something wrong with him? Was something wrong with his soulmate? As he was sitting there waiting, couples came and went. There was both shy new soulmates couples and the older comfortable soulmates. Hoseok's heart ached when he saw their intertwined fingers and shy smiles, he wanted it too.

' Jung Hoseok?'

He was brought back when a man in a suit asked him to follow him.

They walked through a couple of long white corridors, the kind that has that creepy hospital feel. Like everything is too clean. Hoseok decided to just look at the back of the man in front of him as they entered an office.

' Please sit down'

And he did. He crossed his legs and swallowed as he took in the room. Just like the corridors, the office had that "too clean and organized" feel and it made Hoseok nervous.  

' So, we just talked really shortly on the phone, would you please tell me what your problem is?' Mr. Kang smiled, but Hoseok didn't find it the slightest comforting.

' Ehmm...Well. I turned 19 almost 3 weeks ago now..a-and I still haven't found a soulmate name on me yet' Hoseok moved uncomfortably under the other man's stare.

' Oh, okay I see.' He scribbled something down on a piece of paper. ' This stuff can happen so don't be worried, it's not that common but they do in fact happen every once in a while. Sometimes the "ink" that show your soulmates name can get broken down by the chemicals in your skin. It's still there but it won't be visible to the eye.'

Hoseok nodded as Mr. Kang looked up to see if he was following.

' So, what we will have you do is go through a body scan. The scanner will be able to show us the location and name of your soulmate. After that we will give you a local treatment to bring back the pigments, so that it's visible like it normally should okay?'

' Okay, w-when will I have to do that?' Hoseok nervously played with his hands. He had never heard or read anything about this. He guessed it maybe was due to it being a rare thing to happen, but he was relieved it wasn't anything more serious wrong.

' I'll call over a nurse now, it's over in a second, nothing to be worried about' Mr. Kang smiled again as he quickly made a call for one of the nurses.

A few minutes later Hoseok once again was led through one of the many corridors into a room with a huge machine in the middle. It actually looked like one of those x-ray machines.

' Please just lay down on this and we will send you through the machine, you won't feel a thing' The nurse kindly smiled and gestured towards a doctor looking bench with wheels.

Hoseok carefully laid down, it wasn't really comfortable but it was over in a few moments. As they rolled him out of the machine he saw the nurse on the phone looking serious. Was something wrong after all?

' Uhm, excuse me but when will I know the results from the scan?' Hoseok quietly asked as the nurse finished her call.

' Just go back to Mr. Kang and he will go over the results with you' she forced a smile and waved Hoseok off.

The walk back to Mr. Kang's office felt like an eternity, the white walls making him dizzy as he went on. When he sat down in the office chair for the second time that day he was cold sweating.

' Okay so Yuna sent me the results, and I'm not sure how I'm going to tell you this.' Mr. Kang looked at Hoseok with a pained expression. ' I am so sorry to tell you that the results didn't show us anything.'

Hoseok heard what he said but he didn't understand. How could the scan not show anything?

' W-what do you mean? D-didn't show anything?' he stuttered. ' Did something happen to my soulmate?'  Hoseok felt his chest tighten, it was getting harder to breath with every passing second.

' I'm sorry Hoseok, but what that means is that you have a condition called a " Reclusive  soulmate". Again it's not common, so you probably haven't heard of it before, but it does occur in a few individuals every year. Unfortunately there is no treatment for it.' Mr. Kang looks at Hoseok which was in a state of shock and confusion.

" Reclusive soulmate" ? He didn't understand at all. Why did he apologize, treatment for what? Hoseok felt sick, he wanted to throw up.

' I-I-I, I don't understand...m-my soulmate..' he felt his eyes get watery and his vision started to get blurry.

' It means you don't have a soulmate, I sincerely apologize'

As the words left the other mans mouth, the first tears hit Hoseok's hands that was resting on his lap. The tears kept running down his face as an emptiness grew its way from his heart to the tip of his fingers, until there was but an empty shell left. His expression faded as a cold mask wrapped itself onto Hoseok's face.

' What does that mean for my future? What happens to me?' Hoseok's voice was emotionless and cold, just like the rest of him.

' You will be free to live your life like you want to, the only differences being you won't be given a soulmate apartment. You will of course get a nice amount of financial support as a substitute. The only thing we ask is that you get a tattoo'

' A tattoo?'

' Uhm, yes. It will look like a soulmate mark, just so that this condition is kept a secret, you understand right?' Mr. Kang picked up the phone and quickly called the nurse again.  ' You will also have to attend counseling every 3 month, to make sure you mental health stays healthy. Unfortunately this condition has a increased risk of committing suicide, and we try to avoid that of course' Mr. Kang tried to smile, but Hoseok only felt disgusted. Did these people think ignorance and money would make up for this dark feeling that kept growing inside of him?

Hoseok laid down in his bed, it had been a long and emotional day. His wrist still stinging after the tattoo. He looked at it with a plain expression:

신영배 (Shin Yeongbae)

It was written in red, which under normal circumstances would mean that the soulmate had passed away. But this name was just someone made up, they had never existed. Hoseok's soulmate would never exist either, because he didn't have one. He closed the curtains and locked the doors.

 

 

 

 

Months passed and the only time he felt anything but emptiness was when he would go to dance practice. For a few moments he was able to distract himself. He wore a sweatband so he didn't have to be reminded of the made up name on his wrist. Out of sight, out of mind. He would also allow himself to drown in the little amount of feelings he felt for his younger member. It wasn't anything serious, it was just stupid wishes and dreams, but it eased his heart. That even thought he wasn't given a other half, his heart could still feel, and he found the little happiness he needed to go on with that.

He was walking home from the grocery store when his phone vibrated in his pocket. He fished it up and saw he had a message from Yoongi.

" Our place at 8, gonna go out to celebrate you and Namjoon, cya then"

The three of them had hit the 18 year old club, or the pre soulmate club as people called them. It was the place most went to for fooling around before they got to know your soulmate. It basically meant free game for Hoseok, he could have anyone in there. Not for forever of course, but at least for one night he could feel like he was wanted if he so wished.

He felt a few people stare as he moved on the dance floor and he appreciated the attention. However he didn't feel like fooling around, fooling himself, at least not tonight. He sat down and chugged the remaining sips of his drink. Namjoon and Yoongi was sitting in the booth on the other side of the table. Yoongi had gotten drunk after 2 drinks and was now sleeping on Namjoon's shoulder. The younger of the two flushed red as a tomato.

' You two look great together! Seriously! Who cares about soulmates anyway, the heart wants what the heart wants right? Who says a random name on your arm gets to decide what you should feel!' Hoseok slammed his beer glass down at the table. ' this Kim Seokjin guy, huh? If you like Yoongi go for it dude, you live right here and now , no? Why wait for a guy you don't even know?' Hoseok was drunk, shouting and stumbling with his words.

' Just remember to invite me to your wedding' Hoseok giggled as he face planted the table and everything went black.  

 


I hope I surprised some of you with this? Maybe? It couldn't be all happy sunshine could it ( i guess the previous chapter was so overly sweet for a reason?) Please tell me in the comments whether it surprised you or not, and what do you think will happen next? And of course; who's up next? And as always thanks for reading! 

Hit me up on tumblr if you'd like as well! I don't bite, I swear :D 

Sorry for grammar or other mistakes, I have the tendency to write when half awake. Will probably go through it again tomorrow to fix it, thanks for surviving!