I've been waiting

The name that never fades

Broad shoulder hyung is here! Are some able to not swoon over this guy? *heart eye emoji* Oh, yeah right! *cough* Yey! New reveal time,so have some fabolous and adorable Jin to brighten you day! ( Also a perfect opertunity to listen to his newly made cover while reading just a suggestion you know, cos its beautiful) Happy reading! 


Jin POV

Jin was brought awake by a strange feeling rushing through him. 'Had something scared him awake? A bad dream?' His heart was beating quickly, and he felt light headed. He sat up, resting his head at the wall behind him, and took some deep breaths trying to calm down. It didn't help at all, and he started to feel like he was burning up.

' Water' Jin stumbled through the apartment and into the kitchen, where he poured himself a big glass of water. He chugged the entire glass as the world kept spinning. 'What the hell was happening to him?'

He wobbly walked into the bathroom and grabbed a towel, and wetted it. He laid down again and put the towel over his forehead. His heart was still pumping and beating so fast in his chest; it almost hurt. The dizziness was going away, and the pulsating waves started to lessen, except at one spot. He sat up and thought that a massage might help loosen up any kind of tension left. He stopped quickly as his fingers hit the skin at the back of his neck. The touch replaced the earlier uneasy feeling with butterflies going crazy in his stomach, and goose bumps trailing his skin. He placed his whole hand over his neck, and his mouth fell open. 'It's pulsating?! My soulmate mark is pulsating?!'

' BAMBAM!! OH MY GAD, BAMBAM! YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!' Jin threw himself out the door of his bedroom, and ran across the hallway and into his roommate's room.

' BAMBAM! WAKE UP, MY SOULMATE..Wake up already!' Jin started to shake his still innocently sleeping best friend. Bambam only grunted and looked bewildered at Jin.

' How early is it?'

' Like, euhm, I don't know, 4?'

Bambam threw the closest pillow over his head. ' Go back to sleep' he mumbled.

' But Bambam! Didn't you hear me? My soulmate, he just got his mark?!'

Bambam sat up immediately. 'WHAT?!' He looked at Jin with wide eyes. Jin grabbed Bambam's hand and rested it at the back of his neck, right on top of his pulsating soulmate mark.

' WOW?! Okay oh my..' Bambam looked lost for a second before he looked at Jin again overjoyed.

' But oh my god what are we waiting for!?' Bambam sprung up and started looking through his bags.' Go get your soulmate book ,and I'll bring the computer!'

Jin didn't answer and just got up running to his room; he started shoving things around in his drawer looking for his little notice book. He found it close to the back, and he held it up and looked at it. It was getting old now- he had bought it when he was 10, after a soulmate lesson at school. Like everyone else, he had known about soulmates since as long as he could remember, but it wasn't before he hit 10 when they really started to interest him. Since then, the book had been filled with thoughts about his soulmate, and plans and wishes for the future. Until he was 19, the book had held the title of "my soulmate". Then 2 years ago, he decorated the cover with the same name that was decorating the back of his neck:

김남준 (Kim Namjoon)

He didn't know anyone by that name, so his excitement was short lived. Bambam had been kind enough to help him trying to find out where and who it was, but they hadn't come far.

One reason being their company, Jin and Bambam were both under a modeling/acting agency, and their contract clearly stated that they weren't allowed to contact nor seek out their soulmate until they were 25. Which now meant another 4 years for Jin. The second problem being that there was a grand total of 230 people with his soulmate's name in Seoul alone. Then again, they have had enough time between work over 2 years to make a pretty good archive over the possible candidates.

Jin hadn't really dreamt that he'd be one of the people being able to sense when his soulmate got his mark, but he was so happy cause this would help them with finding that specific Kim Namjoon he was looking for.

Jin sat down on the couch next to Bambam, who was already staring at his laptop.

' Okay, first thing first, since you're feeling it now, it means the guy has to have been born today, right? Bambam asked not looking away from his laptop.

' Mhm, which would make his birthday the 12th of September 1994' Jin looked over at the screen.

Bambam searched up on 1994 in their archive, and every Kim Namjoon born that year showed up. He started scrolling down looking for September.

' You know you owe me that Special Edition Princess Peach figurine now right?' Jin happily nudged the concentrated Bambam.

Bambam had been certain that Jin would have an older soulmate, and so they had made a bet years ago. The year they both had gotten into the agency, they hit it off right away, and both being what some people would describe as "too interested in this whole soulmate thing." In the modeling business, most people didn't care about soulmates, they were rich, and basically felt like they could have anyone, so why settle for someone who might not be at their standard?

' I know, so why am I really up helping you with this, huh?' Bambam grunted. ' I am really irreplaceable you know? What would you do without me?'

' You're the best Bambam, and thank you!' Jin sat closer and wrapped his hands around Bambam's waist. ' I'll make your favorite for dinner after your runway tonight okay?' Jin smiled happily.

' Deal, and ah, found it'

They both looked at the Kim Namjoon's born in September, 1994. Jin felt his heart speed up as he looked at the dates. Only 3 out of the 230 had their birthdays on this day. Bambam highlighted the 3 names.

' One of these Jin ' Bambam looked over to Jin. ' One of these have their name written on the back of your neck. And somewhere, on one of these guys, your name is written..'

' I know! It's kind of crazy right?' Jin started to jump nervously in his seat.

He had been wondering about this guy for 2 years, and he had been dreaming of his soulmate since he was 10, but right now, when it was all getting dangerously real, he felt kind of scared. He knew nothing about this person. Didn't know their favorite food. Didn't know their interests or what would make them happy again if they were sad. It first now kind of hit him that he knew nothing, and that his soulmate was a complete stranger. The thought was terrifying.

' Want to search a bit on the internet and see if we can find some more information now?' Bambam asked.

' Yes, let's do it'

Bambam went straight to Google and typed in the information they had. He started with scrolling through the pictures, most of them being of old guys in black and white photos. Jin doubted that they'd find a recent picture of his soulmate just like that, unless he was famous or something, which was really not likely.

' Maybe it's this guy' Bambam pointed while trying to control the giggles escaping his lips.

' Very funny, he's not 50 Bambam' Jin pouted as Bambam kept laughing at the picture.

Jin grabbed the laptop and put it on his own lap. He clicked through some of the first links and articles. He was about to give up when a school page and a yearbook popped up on his screen.

' Dankook Middle School isn't far from here is it?' Jin said as he looked down the page, looking for that certain name.

' No? Why?'

' This could be him' Jin pointed at one of the many boys on his screen. This boy with "Kim Namjoon" written underneath his picture. The boy had short black hair and slim eyes.

' Jin seriously, that could be anyone really'

' But look though, the year would fit when he would be in middle school'

' Yeah, okay, it could be one of the three we are looking for, but the chance of it being the ONE, we are looking for, is still little. Even if it was, it doesn't really help us figuring out where he is now though Jin' Bambam said comforting as he saw how hope left Jin again. ' Hey, we'll find him, if he doesn't find you first, okay?'

Jin tried to smile. This was the closest he had been to figuring out who and where his soulmate was. It was like it was right there in front of him, but at the same time, his hands couldn't quite reach all the way.

' Actually..' Bambam said thoughtful.' Looking for the 3 Namjoon's born in 1994 through high school yearbooks wouldn't be a bad idea. From those we should be able to figure out what kind of career choices they could have chosen, and from that have better chances to find recent material about them online.' Bambam's expression lit up and he took back his computer and started searching for the high schools around Seoul.

Jin fell asleep on the couch, and when he woke up Bambam had left for his runway show. Jin rubbed his tired eyes and started making the food he promised his best friend.

~

Months later Jin had put up a new board on his wall in his room. He called it the soulmate wall. In big letters, he had spelled out "Kim Namjoon", from the name he had drawn 3 lines, to the 3 possible Namjoon's that could be his soulmate. During these months, they had found out a few more things. Namjoon nr.1 was in school studying to become a surgeon, so far he didn't have a soulmate from what Bambam and he had figured out. Namjoon nr.2 was working as a teacher in math and history, and had moved to Ilsan. The last Namjoon was attending school for music purposes, Jin didn't really understand what some of the subjects meant. Bambam had even found out that this Namjoon did some underground rapping, going by the name "Rap Monster".

As Jin stared at his board for the millionth time, he felt his heart beating faster with the thought of soon maybe being able to have a soulmate that was his, that was more than just his dreams. The same dreams he'd had for 10 years. Maybe his dream would soon have a face.

~

Jin was reading through his lines again. He was at the set of his new drama, and they had just taken a short break. He wasn't the male lead, but his supporting role was a big one, and many said he was doing a good enough job to maybe even get awards at the end of the year. Since Jin's soulmate dreams once again was at a whole stop, he tried to focus on his career.

"Beep" His phone showed that he had one unread message from Bambam.

'You're going to love me so much, oh my god you won't believe what I managed to get us, kekeke! Fighting hyung, and come home quickly afterwards :3'

' Oh god what did he do this time ' Jin sighed, but couldn't help but feel a bit curious what his roommate had come up with this time. It wasn't the first time Bambam would send cryptic messages to cheer him up. Usually he would come home, and Bambam had some amazing plan for the rest of the evening, those days always cheered him up, and Jin really appreciated having such a good friend.

The rest of the day passed rather quickly, he didn't forget any of his lines, and they only had to do a few retakes for clipping purposes. Jin was on his way home when the excitement for the surprise started up again. He literary jumped up the stairs and ran into their apartment.

' What is it? What's tonight's plan?' Jin asked a half asleep Bambam on the couch.

' Woah, woah, easy now. Go change into something, hmmm. Something casual, but be sure to choose dark colors and take your hat with you' Bambam stood up and winked at him, before he walked into his own room. ' Be ready in 5 minutes or we will be late!'

Jin didn't know what was going on but quickly did as he was told. He threw on some slim fit jeans, a grey shirt and a black cardigan. He looked at himself in the mirror as he put his hat on, he would usually only use this one when he went out in public not wanting to draw attention. Both him and Bambam were getting quite popular and sometimes, being in public could be really tiring with all the fans.

Bambam lead the way through unknown streets and roads. Jin's curiosity was growing for every step they took. It wasn't normal for Bambam to be this secretive about where they were going, and it made the whole thing even more exciting. Suddenly Bambam halted and Jin almost walked into him.

' Okay, before we continue. A few rules.' Bambam looked at Jin with a serious look.

' Okay?'

' If anyone asks, we were at the club the entire night okay? And specifically we were at "Hot Pinkeu" understood?'

"Hot Pinkeu" was one of the many celebrity clubs that models, actors and musicians went to. Jin and Bambam had been there a few times, but it wasn't really a place either of them liked. Jin didn't really understand why they would need a cover story for sneaking out though.

' Sure' Jin said unsurely.

' Good!' Bambam smiled. ' Here is your ticket and your ID, don't lose it'

Jin took his ID card and the ticket. He looked at it and the name of what he guessed was an event of some sort. He continued reading and guessed it was a concert as the names on the ticket had to be stage names.

' Bambam wh..' Jin's mouth fell open when one name caught his attention.

"Rap Monster"

He looked up at Bambam, his mouth still open in shock.

' How did you? When did you? Who did you get these?' Jin could feel the butterflies starting to flutter in his stomach.

' Well, a friend of mine apparently knew some of the guys that are performing. When I asked him which other rappers were performing, I pretty much looked like you do now, and asked him to get us tickets right away' Bambam explained proudly. ' But remember though, there's still a chance this is not the guy'

' I know, I know but oh my god, still' Jin almost felt like crying, and he hugged Bambam tightly.' Thank  you so much!'

' Hey, come on. Thank me later if we actually find the right one, okay?' Bambam hugged back. ' But now we have to go they're starting soon!'

Jin let himself get dragged along the last unknown streets and into the intimate underground stage. It was cramped with people and the air was hot and heavy from the beginning. Most of the people were wearing baggy pants and snapbacks, and Jin felt kind of out of place, but Bambam stuck close to him at the back of the room, and they waited patiently.

It was getting late and Jin was growing impatient, so far, no one with the name "Rap monster" had been on stage, and Jin was wondering if he would show up at all. The beats started flowing again as two guys entered the stage. One of them wearing a black snapback, a leather jacket and a pair of ripped jeans; his skin looked almost snow white in the bright light. The other guy was wearing a hat, a red towel around his shoulders, and what looked like sweat pants. The pale short one introduced himself as "Suga". 'Fits his white skin I guess'. The other guy smiled brightly as he introduced himself as "J-hope" . 'Well I HOPE that a certain someone will show up soon, but it seems like it's not happening...'

The two started rapping, and Jin was drifting away in his own thoughts as a deep voice joined the two others. The voice left his skin tingling, and he felt the back of his neck starting to burn as the deep voice threw words at him. A tall figure climbed the stage, and Jin could only stare as the goose bumps riled their way over his skin gathering at his mark. The guy was wearing sunglasses, so Jin couldn't get a good look at his face. He was wearing an oversized t-shirt and a pair of long black shorts, his hair was bleached a silver color and shaved on the sides. Jin watched in awe as the guy moved with confidence on stage. Their first song ended, and the guy introduced himself.

' Hello everyone, thanks for coming tonight, also thanks to Suga and J-Hope for joining me' the guy chugged down half a bottle of water before he continued. ' My name is Rap Monster, I hope you'll enjoy the show' Rap Monster winked, and the music started again.

Bambam nudged him looking at him in confusion, it was then, Jin realized he was crying. Jin started laughing as the tears kept falling, and he took Bambam's hand and once again laid it on top of his pulsating soulmate mark. Bambam's eyes widened as he understood and he hugged Jin tightly.

Jin watched the rest of their stage mesmerized. He took his soulmate in subconsciously scratching at his left upper arm, so Jin guessed that's where his soulmate mark would be. Jin also noticed the secret and subtle glances the bleached-haired would send the short pale man on stage with him. Jin could feel a sting whenever that happened; he guessed he was already jealous. Jealous of this "Suga" , that not only apparently was one of his soulmate's friends, but it looked like he had his heart as well.

' Try all you want Suga, but Namjoon won't be yours ever' Jin whispered. He had been waiting for this moment for almost 11 years, and as he looked at his soulmate from the back of the dark room, he would have waited a 100 more. His soulmate left him breathless. His slim eyes, and Jin could only imagine how beautiful the dark brown globes would look up close, looking into his own. The set of dimples that would emerge as he smiled. How he carried himself, and how he had such a calm tone when he talked. Jin wanted to know more, wanted to know all there was to know about this man, his soulmate who, left his heart beating at the top of his lungs.

Their stage was ending, and Jin hurriedly took a few shots on his flip phone. As they walked home Jin kept thanking Bambam like there was no tomorrow.

When he walked into his room that night, he took down all but one Namjoon from his soulmate board. He hung up one of the pictures he had taken and took a step back and looked at it all. Jin felt the tears sliding down his cheeks again, tears of joy. Tears from finally having found what he had been searching for, for so long. He dried his tears as the butterflies flew through his veins.

' It was nice to finally see you Kim Namjoon, I've been waiting for such a long time. I really hope we can take good care of each other in the future. Thank you, thank you for being mine.'   

 


Is anyone else still emotional over the BTS comeback? Cos I am, I mean this album is just so beautiful like damn ;_; The next reveal is Jimin, who's name do you think he has, and where do you think he will get his mark? :3 Thanks for reading everyone!

If you have questions about the au or anything, or just wanna chat be sure to comment or talk to me on my tumblr! Until next time people: listen to kpop its good for your health, seriously <3