With the help of Iron Man

The name that never fades

Okay, I'm pretty proud of this title x') Finally some maknae line action eh?! Who is excited? just me? okay! Well as you probably guessed from the gif above it is Jiminnie's side of things we are diving into today! Not his soulmate tho, it's still a bit early, but I mean we can all speculate? Also I need to once again just tell you how much I love to talk to you in comments, and you've all been so kind, thank you! Anyway, hope you enjoy! Also important ish question at the end for you lovelies ;) Tae-ken out! ~


Jimin POV 

Jimin was practically jumping with excitement in his seat. It was Valentine's day, and he had come up with the perfect plan to get Jungkook to go on a "date" with him. He was excited, but so nervous at the same time. 'What if he said no?' But Jimin was almost certain he had come up with the perfect plan. A plan that would guarantee him a yes.  

Taehyung sat down next to him typing away on his phone. He didn't look as excited for today's holiday as Jimin did.  

' Hey Tae, did you get someone a Valentine's gift this year?'  

' Of course I did, I'm a gentleman and a romantic after all' Taehyung scoffed.  

' Oh, really? Then who are you giving it too?'  

' Irene' Tae answered without meeting Jimin's eyes.  

' Irene? Like the girl from music history class? Why?' Jimin asked surprised. He had never really seen Tae look at the girl.  

' Because, she's the prettiest girl at school, therefore' Tae easily stated.  

' Okay..then what did you get her?' Jimi leaned in, curious.  

' A mirror' he replied proudly. 

' A mirror?' Jimin didn't follow,' why the hell would you give anyone a mirror?' 

' As I said before, she's pretty, and now she can look at that pretty face whenever she wants' Tae made a smug face, and Jimin sighed.  

' Wow, you're horrible Tae' Jimin giggled, and was rewarded with a big box grin and a slap on the shoulder. ' You could at least have given her some chocolate'.  

Before first period started Jimin had gotten 3 boxes of chocolate. Taehyung got an overwhelmingly 7 gifts. The girls and boys would most of the time be so shy, that after they handed over their gifts they'd run off a blushing mess. Tae didn't mind the attention, and had fun rewarding his admirers with cheesy comments. Jimin on the other hand felt awkward and didn't really know what to say a lot of the time.  

They wouldn't see Jungkook before lunch break. So Jimin was doomed to sit through this lecture, trying to pay attention while his nerves kept building. The closer it got to lunch the harder it was to keep up with the professor. Thankfully the school clock finally rang a few minutes later. Jimin dragged Tae with him as they made their way to the courtyard.  

Jungkook was already sitting at their regular spot, underneath the big tree in the south left corner.  

' Jungkoookie!' Jimin shouted when they were about half way over the courtyard. Jimin kept smiling and waving to the younger, as they walked over.  

' Hello Jimin' Jungkook smiled as the two others joined him. ' And Tae' Jungkook smiled and nodded towards Taehyung.  

' Gotten many valentine gifts today?'  Jimin said nervously playing with the hem of his shirt.  

' Yeah, I actually got quite a few this year' He replied embarrassed.  

' How many is that? Tae jumped in while unpacking his lunch.  

' Euhm..8?' Jungkook said bothered.  

' Wow, you got destroyed this year Taehyungie' Jimin giggled. Taehyung stuck his tongue out back at him.  

They all ate their lunch while they talked about their day so far. Taehyung kept sending Jimin encouraging side glances. Time kept ticking, and Jimin would have to give his gift now, or their break would be over. He opened his mouth to say it but nothing came out. He felt a kick against his shin and looked up at Tae.  

' Hey Jimin, didn't you have something you wanted to give Kookie here?' Tae smiled, looking at Jimin for him to continue.  

' A-ahh yeah, I almost forgot' Jimin felt his cheek flush pink in a matter of seconds. He looked through his bag for the little box. With shaky hands he held it out towards Jungkook. ' Happy Valentine's day'  Jimin said shyly as he looked at the ground.  

' Oh, thank you Jimin ' Jungkook took the box out of Jimin's hand and he could feel his heart starting to beat faster. 'What if he says no? No, what if he says yes, oh my god, what to do, what to do!' 

Jimin looked up as he heard the paper being ripped apart. Inside was a pretty box of chocolate, nothing too special.  

' Uhm, you need to open that one too..' Jimin said quietly. Jungkook nodded and opened the box.  

Jimin's heart skyrocketed as Jungkook's eyes go wide. Jungkook quickly looked up at Jimin, eyes still wide and his mouth hanging open just a little.  

' Are you serious? W-Where, When, How did you manage to get this?' Jungkook asked in disbelief as he switch between looking into the box and at Jimin.  

' Good planning?' Jimin shrugged, his cheeks burning. ' I got myself one as well.. Want to go with me?'  

' Yes! Of course I want to go!' Jungkook was now jumping in his seat as he pulled out the ticket from the box. ' I can't believe you were able to get tickets for the premiere of Iron Man 4!'  

Jimin had noticed Jungkook was a huge fan of Iron Man, and luckily he had been able to get a hold of two tickets. Actually it might have been a favor from a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend kind of luck, but none the less it had worked. Jimin could feel the butterflies in his stomach soar as he let Jungkook's "Yes!" ring in his ears a little. The old nervousness replaced with a new nervousness over tonight's event. 'What would he wear? Would a suit be to formal? It totally would, wouldn't it? Would Jungkook find him totally weird if he paid for the popcorn? Did this count as a date? Ahhh! ' 

'See you tonight then Jimin, and thanks again' Jungkook gave him a huge smile, showing off his big front teeth.  

' See you then, Kookie' Jimin blushed as he and Tae waved and headed towards their next classes. 

' You guys are gross, cute.. but totally gross' Taehyung teased.  

' Well this gross guy at least has a Valentine's date' Jimin smiled victoriously.  

  

Jimin tried on his 7th outfit of the evening. It was a pair of beige pants, and a flower sweater with a white shirt underneath. Lastly he added some glasses he had laying around to class it up. Looking into the mirror however, he felt like he was looking at his grandpa wearing his grandmother's curtains. 

'What the hell am I doing?!' Jimin screamed out in frustration before he picked up his phone and dialed Tae's number.  

' Tae, you need to come help me before I seriously loose it. Nothing looks right' he shouted the second the other answered the phone.  

' I look like a piece of pottery Tae. Please come help me. I feel like crying looking at myself in the mirror right now' Jimin sighed loudly, as he kept turning in front of the mirror. 

' I'll be right over'  

It was 20.00 and Jimin was waiting outside of Jungkook's dorm building. He was breathing heavily since he ended up running the entire way there. Taehyung had come over to help him out, and when he was done it was way past when he should've left. He had shoved both him and Tae out the door, shouted a 'thank you!'. Then he ran as fast he could. He would hate to be late for his first date. Yes, he'd concluded that he counted this as his first date. A date with Jungkook non the less, his crush for 1,5 years.  

Jungkook walked outside only seconds after Jimin arrived. Jungkook was dressed casual but stylish, wearing a pair of dark jeans, a loose white t-shirt and a leather jacket. His hair was parted to the side, covering half his forehead. He had changed his normal silver earrings with a pair of black ones, and Jimin just kept staring cause 'wow' he looked good. He swallowed.  

' U-uhm, ready to go?' Jimin tried to ask but his voice broke a few times.  

' Of course!' 

  

They stopped by the theater's candy store, grabbing some snacks for the movie. Jungkook handed the cashier his popcorn and soda, when Jimin quickly placed his things at the counter as well.  

' I'll pay' Jimin said trying to sound confident about it. 'Gentlemen paid on dates right?' He didn't really know the rules when on a date, but he knew he wanted to treat Jungkook today so he went with it. 

' Oh, thank you' Jungkook sounded surprised.  

' Don't mention it, I'm just glad you decided to come with me' Jimin said shyly as he handed Jungkook back his snacks.  

  

Jungkook found the movie super interesting, or so it seemed. Not once did he look away from the theater screen. Jimin on the other hand couldn't seem to be able to focus on the movie, but rather the guy sitting next to him. He enjoyed it just as much though. He loved listening to the sweet giggles that escaped the younger. It sent tiny waves of happiness down Jimin's spine. He also had trouble focusing because their hands were resting on the shared armrest, and if Jimin moved his arm only slightly he would touch Jungkook. 'Should he grab Jungkook's hand? It was just lying there. Did he want Jimin to hold his hand? What if he freaked out if he did? Wonder how his fingers would feel intertwined with mine.'   

Jimin's pulse kept rising 'should he really try to grab his hand? He should. No he shouldn't. Damn it Jimin, just do it'. He took a deep breath. He started moving his pinky only a millimeter closer. His heart beating so fast he could hear the blood pump in his ears. He slowly but surely moved closer, a millimeter at the time. Eventually he could feel the others warmth radiating against his skin. Jimin held his breath as he got ready to close the remaining space between them. The second Jimin barely touched Jungkook's hand, Jungkook shifted in his seat and removed his hand. The disappointment rushed through Jimin when he felt the loss of warmth against his skin. He looked up and Jungkook smiled at him.  

' Popcorn?' Jungkook whispered.  

Jimin only shook his head in responds. His heart sank. His attempt to hold Kookie's hand had failed.  

They walked out of the theater. Jimin couldn't help but be a little down for not being able to hold Jungkook's hand once during the entire movie. The evening had been nothing less than amazing otherwise. Their conversations had flown naturally and Jungkook looked at him the entire time. The butterflies in his tummy hadn't stopped fluttering for a second. It had definitely been a good evening.   

Jungkook stopped as they arrived in front of his dorm building.  

' Thank you for tonight, it was a very enjoyable date' Jungkook smiled slyly.  

' D-d-date?' Jimin stuttered flustered.  

' Wasn't this a Valentine's date?' Jungkook looked at Jimin curiously.  

' A-ah, haha, Y-yeah I think so' Jimin nervously rubbed at his neck as his cheeks flushed.  

' Well.. get home safely, okay? ' He opened his arms, inviting Jimin into a hug.  

Jimin walked slowly into Jungkook's embrace. When Jungkook closed his arms around Jimin, he wrapped his arms around his waist. Jimin's heart pounded so hard he was afraid it would burst out of his chest. He could smell him so clearly. The smell made him feel dizzy. Waves of butterflies flew through his veins. Jimin didn't want to let go.  

' I will, thank you Kookie' Jimin whispered.  

Right when Jimin pulled away, an opportunity presented itself. Jimin decided in the split of a second to take it, and think about the consequences later. As he pulled away he quickly turned his head, pouted his lips and gently pressed them against Jungkook's cheek. Jimin's whole body was instantly on fire. 'I did it, oh . OH ?!'. Jimin didn't dare to look at Jungkook's face. He quickly turned and walked away as fast as he could shouting a ' See you tomorrow!'  

When the distance between him and Jungkook's dorm felt far enough, he stopped to regain his breath. ' Oh god, what had he done? He kissed Jungkook?! It was on the cheek, but still. Uaa-h!' Jimin did a few victory punches where he stood, squealing. He looked up at the stars shining brightly in the sky. Jimin smiled as wide as he could, his eyes turning into crescents. His heart beat steadily in his chest. 

 


I hope some jikook shippers were happy with this? maybe? I dont know if some see this and the next few chapters as "not important" but, Im sorry it's how it has to be for me to feel good about it :P Build up is good!? Another ship in the next chapter, so make a guess? Maybe you can read my mind? :3 

To the actual question at hand tho, I was wondering if you guys had an opinion about when I upload. Like would you prefere a set day a week or just random pop up's whenever? Let me know, if you have anything to say about it. No matter what thank you so much for reading! ~

( I had to much fun picturing Jimin in the granpa outfit so I had to draw it, you're always welcome to say hi on tumblr also)