Told you so!

The name that never fades

Happy new year and welcome 2016, hopefully it will be filled with a lot of good fanfics and a lot of happy kpop moments! Thank you to everyone being patient as I went on an unwanted hiatus for weeks on end :/ ( went to the US to visit the loveliest lady on earth and forgot the thing to charge my laptop...) Either way, FINALLY, I am back and I can continue this story! Let's hope 2016 is more structured so that my updates will stay on a somewhat regular basis O.o BUT YES! Thank you for all the readers, commenters and subscribers, and happy reading! This is the chapter many have been waiting for, so enjoy! :3 


Jimin POV

Jimin was pacing back and forth in front of the big mirror in his parents room. His parents were on vacation, so he had the entire house for himself. The clock had ticked 00.00. It was officially his birthday, and excited as he was, he had thrown the thought about sleeping out the window. So here he was, in front of his parents' mirror only in his boxers to find his soulmate mark as soon as it appeared. As time passed, Jimin kept twisting and turning, never leaving his eyes to rest on one spot for a longer amount of time.

' Why couldn't they at least like give you a hint as of where you'd get them, huh?' Jimin said annoyed, as he sat down on the floor. He checked the clock: 00.11. Jimin looked back at his reflection before he quickly shifted his attention to his lower left arm. A few dots had appeared, and Jimin squealed loudly. The dots kept emerging, forming letters on his arm, and within a minute, the dots made up the lines for his soulmate's name. He stretched his left arm out and looked at it in the mirror. Jimin admitted it looked good on him, the mark pulsating in a steady rhythm with the butterflies in his stomach.

' I knew it' Jimin said pleased as he ran his fingers over the letters.

전정국 (Jeon Jungkook)

' I ing said it!' Jimin jumped up and did a victory dance until he caught sight of his reflection again. Slightly embarrassed, he shook his head and put his clothes back on. He kept almost walking into walls and furniture, as he couldn't take his eyes off the letters now decorating his arm.

When Jimin finally decided to sleep at 4 am, the last thing he saw was his soulmate's name, and he smiled as he drifted off.

His alarm clock went off 2,5 hours later. Any other day and Jimin would have groaned loudly before rolling over hitting the snooze button a few times. But today was his birthday. Today was the day he got to tell everyone about his soulmate, so when the alarm clock went off Jimin practically jumped out of bed excitedly.

' TAEE!' Jimin shouted as he could see the messy hair of Tae in the hallway.

' Well don't you look and sound like you just won the lottery' Taehyung said with a big smile when Jimin came running.

' Maybe I did, huh?' Jimin blushed slightly as he revealed his arm and soulmate name to his best friend.

' Oooh, yeah there you go. Lover boy priding your arm huh? Well congrats Jimin! And very much happy birthday!' Tae dragged Jimin into a tight hug. ' I know this is what you wanted. I'm very happy for you. Have you decided if you're telling him or not?'

' I'm telling him after school'

' You sure you want too?' Tae looked at him seriously. ' You know some people don't like that, and with Jungkook I'm not sure what kind of response you'll get really.'

' I'm sure' Jimin perked up. ' Nothing can go wrong when I already have the name of the one I want on my arm. If he wants to wait, I'm fine with that, and if he is okay with starting to date from now on that would be even better. It's a win, I already won, Tae' Jimin's heart soared as he thought about the black haired guy that stole his heart years ago. He felt blessed, blessed to be paired with the one person not only his heart had chosen.

' Aish, you're being all too lovey-dovey over here' Tae bumped into Jimin and placed his arm around his shoulder. ' I am truly so happy for you Jimin. And I wish you good luck with telling Kookie later, I hope he's happy about this like the rest of us!' Tae winked as he let go of Jimin's shoulder and went off to class.

The school day went on for forever. Jimin felt like the time had stopped as he tried to keep himself awake during classes. Unfortunately, the teacher talking about how Munch would mix the colors in his paintings had him dosing off after 5 minutes.

Jimin kept looking around the library unable to focus on the book in front of him. He kept playing with the hem on the sleeves of his sweater, as he saw the clock tick-tock slowly. He quickly sent a message to Yoongi about meeting up later, just like on Yoongi's birthday 2 years ago.

 Jimin knew Jungkook might not show up for another hour or two, so he decided to put on some music and get some homework done. The music calmed his heart, and he was able to finish off art history before he registered how his arm had started to itch.

Jimin pulled up his sleeve and ran his fingers over his mark. It felt like a faint beat under his fingertips, and he kept brushing the letters gently as he smiled in wonder. He had read and heard from people that the mark would itch or pulsate at different times, and when he realized that's what was going on he started to look around the library again. He was correct. In between the shelves about child psychology and medical books was said black haired soulmate carefully looking through the titles.

Jungkook looked up and their eyes locked. Jimin felt the beat of his heart and his pulse speed up, his soulmate mark feeling hot, burning under his skin. Jimin quickly pulled down the sleeve of his sweater.  Jungkook smiled showing his white teeth, and Jimin felt the corner of his lips pull up. Jimin waved Jungkook over, and after Jungkook pulled out 3 different books from the shelf, he made his way over to Jimin's table in the corner.

' Happy Birthday, kid' Jungkook said brightly with a sarcastic smile.

The last few months Jungkook had grown a lot, and he was now a head taller than Jimin. Jimin guessed he felt good about it since ever since he would call Jimin, "Kid". Jimin didn't really mind, though he found it a bit weird being the older of the two when it certainly didn't look like it anymore.

' T-Thank you' Jimin replied as his cheeks quickly was covered in dusty pink.

' So who is the lucky someone?' Jungkook said as he laid the books out on the table and sat down quietly folding his hands in front of him.

Jimin swallowed. This was the moment. He would tell Jungkook, and he had no idea what would come of it. ' Would he be happy? Would he be sad? Would he want to wait, or would he want to be boyfriends for a year before they became official soulmates?'  A hundred thoughts ran through Jimin's mind making it hard for him to breath. His mind telling him to change his mind, to leave this subject for another time. But Jimin had decided. He already had what he wanted, maybe he wouldn't have it this year but never-the-less, Jungkook would be his one day, so what was there to be scared about?

Jimin felt a sudden calmness fill him when he came to that conclusion. It could never get bad at this point, so why worry so much? With that, he looked up straight into the dark eyes staring at him, as he rolled up his left sleeve, exposing the letters.

Jimin never looked away as he tried to read the other. Jungkook didn't storm off, so that was a good sign. However, Jimin thought he could see the younger's eyes itching a little, like in pain, and he swallowed before he looked back at him. Jimin had known Kookie for a while, so he wasn't really surprised at this point, though he would lie if he hadn't hoped for a more positive reaction.

' I see' Jungkook breaks the awkward silence that had been between them for a few seconds. ' So you really were right after all' Jungkook smiled weakly.

' I-I didn't show you this  to make you go out with me or anything. I know we haven't really discussed the whole soulmates thing in a serious manner, so I didn't really know what you would want.' Jimin took a deep breath before he continued. ' I just wanted to show you, just in case you know... I mean, I'm fine with whatever really, you really don't need to feel bad for me. If you prefer to keep things like usual for another year we can do that. If you'd like to start dating and be well, like boyfriends..' Jimin's cheeks grew pinker. ' .. I surely wouldn't mind that either. It just felt right to tell you, you know? And now, you know so...Well, what we do from here is up to you' Jimin had to look out the window as he tried to catch his breath.

Jimin jumped a little when a pair of soft hands touched his and he looked over at Jungkook calmly looking at him. ' Thank you for telling me' Jungkook placed his hands back in front of him and Jimin mindlessly scratched at his soulmate mark as the younger went on.

' I'm kind of glad my soulmate didn't end up a complete stranger. Though I didn't really believe you either when you sometimes told me we would be soulmates' Jungkook laughed silently.

' Though I am sorry my response probably isn't the one you want. I'd like for us to keep being the same best type of friends we have until now, if that is okay? It's not that I don't like you or something... It's just that school comes first right now, and since we aren't officially a soulmate couple, it would just be a distraction. I'm sorry, but I hope you understand?' Jungkook looked warily up at Jimin.

Jimin guessed he should feel upset, but he couldn't really. Not when Jungkook's name kept pulsing, kept telling him that they were meant to be. So what if he had to wait another year, what would that do? He would have Jungkook every year after that, so no. Jimin couldn't be disappointed, no, Jimin could only smile on this day.

' It's okay I get it, and it's totally fine! Cause at the end of the day, I now know you'll be mine for sure, nothing can change that' Jimin smiled brightly.

Jungkook laughed embarrassed.

' See you later soulmate!' Jimin winked and waved, as he ran off to meet up with Yoongi.

Jimin couldn't wait to show it to Yoongi. He knew Yoongi would be happy for him, Jimin had said it since the beginning that Jungkook and himself was made for each other, and now he had the proof. He had sensed how Yoongi wasn't too happy when he would talk about soulmates, or Kookie. But he knew it was all because he was worried about Jimin, he had always been. But now, when he had a soulmate mark to show off, he knew Yoongi would be just as happy as he was. Jimin couldn't wait to see the look on Yoongi's face now that Jimin had been right all along. 

 


That was that! Many already knew? x') Thank you, all you lovely people! Don't be shy to talk to me on Tumblr, I've had some awesome conversations already! Until next time! :3