World of lies

The name that never fades

Okay, someone? said they felt sorry for Yoongi last time, so why not visit him in this chapter? Also many are confused at how this all should make sense with the whole soulmate thing..Like most stories you'll just have to wait and learn together with the characters, all though I do think I have left some hints along the way for you :3 ( Cc you cryptic tease fudge, excuse me!) 


Yoongi POV

Yoongi was nervous. Jimin had sent him a message about meeting up. He had sounded excited, which he hadn't anticipated. Yoongi really guessed that Jimin would be sad about the fact that his soulmate didn't end up being Jungkook after all. He thought Jimin would be disappointed, but if he was, the message didn't have any indications.

It was Jimin's birthday, and not only that, but it would also be the day they would be an official soulmate couple. The whole day was an important and special one, so Yoongi had put a lot of effort in making Jimin's present exactly that. Important and special. Yoongi had gotten a special made picture frame, the frame holding 4 of Yoongi's own taken photos. And underneath the pictures it said " Min Yoongi & Park Jimin". Yoongi thought it would be really nice if it'd be the very first thing they added to their soulmate apartment. He was really pleased with it. The first picture in the frame was from when they had been in kindergarten. Jimin was sitting in the sandbox crying while Yoongi was drying his tears. His mom had taken that one. The second picture was of a sleeping Jimin, on the couch. Yoongi sat next to the couch resting his head next to Jimin's. It was from Yoongi's 12th birthday, and Jimin had slept over.

The third picture was from Yoongi's high school graduation. Jimin had hosted the party and gotten a specially-made Naruto cake, which Yoongi still silently hated  him for. Yet he had loved that celebration more than any other. On the picture, Yoongi and Jimin were wearing black suits. Jimin was excitingly showing off the cake while Yoongi made one of his many faces to the camera. The last one, was his favorite one. It was the picture they had taken on the bench not many months ago. The picture still made him feel lighter, made him feel happy.

He really couldn't wait to show it to Jimin, and Yoongi hoped that the gift would mean as much to Jimin as it did to himself.

Yoongi put on his nicest pair of black jeans and one of his more formal looking shirts, before he put his leather jacket over. He got one of his beanies and put the gift in his schoolbag, so it wouldn't get damaged or exposed. He took a few deep breaths and a final look in the mirror. He wanted to look good when he saw his soulmate on a day like this.

Yoongi arrived at the bench just like 2 years earlier, this time he was the last one there though. Jimin was already sitting there with his back towards him. Yoongi walked up slowly behind him, before whispering in his ear.

' Happy Birthday Jiminie'

Jimin totally surprised squealed and jumped to his feet. The terror written on Jimin's face had Yoongi losing it, and he burst out laughing.

' YOONGI! ing bastard you scared the out of me..' Jimin rested his hands on his knees. ' Jesus.. You know how jumpy I am, why would you do that?!' Jimin walked up to Yoongi and punched him in the shoulder.

' Hahha, oh my, you should have seen your face! That's a face I wish I had captured with my camera, hahaha' Yoongi held onto Jimin as he kept laughing.

'..douchebag' Jimin smiled.

They sat down together, and Yoongi felt how the nervousness left and a tingly warmth filled him instead. Jimin looked happy, which had to mean he actually was happy about them being soulmates, and that was all Yoongi had ever been scared about. Ever since Jimin had started talking about his crush on Jungkook and them being soulmates, Yoongi have had a bitter taste in his mouth. He felt like he would make Jimin unhappy, that what he could offer Jimin wasn't enough compared to his dreams of being with Jungkook. Seeing Jimin smiling at him like this, on his 19th birthday assured Yoongi that they would be alright, they would make each other happy.

' Soooo, how excited were you when you woke up this morning, huh? You weren't disappointed were you? I was afraid you would be..' Yoongi asked.

' I didn't really sleep, that's how excited I was. Actually, it was a tad embarrassing, but I so badly wanted to see it appear you know! And I did see it, I saw dot for dot appear and make up the letters Yoongi' Jimin poked invisible dots onto his arm. ' It was amazing, I wasn't disappointed for a single second of it.'  

Yoongi couldn't remember seeing his friend this excited and happy since 5th grade when Yoongi bought him his first drawing kit. Seeing his friend like this honestly made him feel so light, like he could fly away, nothing could go wrong when Jimin would chatter happily like now. Yoongi loved to listen to Jimin when that happened, excitement dripping of every word. Rushing and stumbling as he tried to tell a million things at once, it was adorable. Yoongi thought Jimin glowed when he did.

' Well, you want to see?' Jimin looked at him as he jumped impatiently.

' Of cou..'

' OKAY!'  Jimin stood up in front of the bench and Yoongi.

' I know you have been worried, okay. I know you were afraid that I'd feel hurt once I got my mark cause it wouldn't be what I wanted..but you don't have to worry anymore, I've never been happier'

Yoongi could feel a lump gathering in his throat. He had hoped Jimin wouldn't be mad at him, but this? Saying that he had never been happier after understanding the truth had Yoongi emotional. He had worried for nothing, thought he had never seen Jimin ever feeling like that towards him, he couldn't help but blush by the lovable words Jimin had just ousted.

' But, I also know you are a sore loser, and I hate to tell you I told you so...' Jimin had a mischievous glint in his eyes. ' Buuuut' Jimin smiled and pulled up his sleeve.

' TADA! Look, I was right the entire time!' Jimin excitedly came closer so Yoongi could see the letters up close.

Letters that didn't spell his name. Yoongi's world felt like it was suddenly on pause, everything stopped. He slowly reached out and touched Jimin's honey-like skin. He traced letter by letter, his mind screaming 'Error' for every new letter that didn't belong in his own name. For every god-damned letter that didn't belong on Jimin's skin, cause this wasn't right. Jimin was Yoongi's soulmate, so how could Jimin not have his name? Yoongi's blood pumped so loudly in his ears he couldn't make words of Jimin's moving lips. He couldn't make sense of anything. This wasn't a bad dream so what was this, a joke? Jimin was his soulmate..

Yoongi finished tracing the letters and placed his hand back in his lap. He looked down at them. He could feel himself shaking, his body rejecting any kind of reality that this was. Cause no, this couldn't be. This didn't make sense. Yoongi quickly placed a hand onto his shoulder and tried to calm his continually rising pulse. Underneath the fabric, separating his hand and his skin, was a steady pulsating soulmate mark. Yoongi looked up at Jimin as the back of his eyes kept burning, getting close to watering. As their eyes met, the beats under his palm got stronger, he could feel the tiny dotted lines itching.

Everything he felt told him that he wasn't mad. Jimin was his soulmate, 100%. So what was this?

' Yoongi you okay?' Jimin was suddenly very close looking him up and down.

' I-I'm sorry I'm not feeling so well..' Yoongi felt light-headed. He didn't understand what was going on. The only thing his head made clear in big bold letters was 2 things. ' 1. Jimin was his soulmate. 2. But he was not Jimin's soulmate' That didn't make sense, but it was the reality. He felt sick, he needed to get away from this. This lie.

'And I'm sorry, but I totally forgot your present back at home, I'll just give it to you next time, I-I need to go' Yoongi abruptly grabbed his backpack and was ready to leave when he stopped and looked back at a confused Jimin.

' I'm very happy for you, you got what you wanted. Happy 19th birthday, sunshine' With that, Yoongi his heel, and walked away as quickly as he could. The lump in his throat making it hard to breathe which made his pace slower than he wanted. He just wanted to get as far away as possible. Away from the pain, from the lies, from anything that had promised him happiness. From the itching reminder on his shoulder that he didn't deserve that kind of happiness.

He walked for a long time, not knowing how much time passed. Blinded by tears, he kept walking until he somehow had ended up in the park near their apartment. Yoongi slammed his tight fists into the nearest tree. The stinging pain in his chest aching for every breath.

' Jeon Jungkook ' The name written on Jimin's skin was like glued to his vision. No matter where he turned, it was the only thing he could see.

Jimin had never been excited for them, or about Yoongi. Yoongi wasn't important like that to Jimin. The reason behind Jimin's never ending smile was never Yoongi.

' Jeon Jungkook ' A tiny voice kept whispering it at the back of his head.

' Shut up!' Yoongi's hands grabbed the long strands of hair and pulled until the blood racing through his veins once again deafened him. He fell to his knees. His body trembling.

' Jeon Jun-'

' kook.. I've never met you. But you better take care of Jimin. Make him smile every single day, cause that smile could bright up even the darkest day...Y-you better..C-c-cause..I..I..can't, I can't, but y-you can...Jeon Jungkook, be good to my sunshine...b-be everything I can't' The salty tears grew bigger and his breaths were mere whimpers.

Yoongi could feel himself fall. The world was dropping him from the top floor, face first towards the concrete beneath. If he didn't do something, his whole body would shatter, he needed someone to catch him, or he wouldn't be able to put all the broken pieces back together. He needed someone to save him, and he knew only one who would do that. 


Once again I can't decide between which chapter to do next, their order isn't really that important, SO guys let me hear it down below if you want Rapmon or Kookie next?! Also thank you for reading! Last chapter got so many comments and I almost cried of joy, thank you for all your love (you guys are seriously the best!), I really appriciate it! <3 *hugs to everyone that wants one*