When the past comes back around

The name that never fades

Shoulder hyung is here! With his blonde prince like hair, swooning us all :'D This chapter somehow wrote itself, I guess that is a good thing. This will be the last update before I have my exam, I am like 100% sure, so the next update wont be before around june. 


Jin POV

"To: Kim Namjoon

From: Your soulmate"

Jin kept looking at the envelope. He had rewritten the letter inside at least 18 times and had destroyed 9 envelopes to get it perfect. (He kept freaking out thinking he forgot to put the actual letter inside the envelope, even though Bambam kept telling him it was fine.) With the now most definitely correct and carefully written letter in his hands, Jin stared up at the tall apartment building. According to the phonebooks, this should be Namjoon's address. He walked up to the mailboxes slowly reading each one to be 100% sure it was delivered to the right person.

"Kim Namjoon & Min Yoongi "

Jin felt a tiny sting of jealousy as he read the last name. He quickly shoved the envelope inside the mailbox, and left quickly. He wasn't supposed to be out; if someone saw him it would be bad, so he had to hurry back to Bambam.

He made his way back, and thought about how his name would look replacing this Min Yoongi on the mailbox. He realized he looked forward to all the small things that came with being a soulmate, just as much as the big ones.

Well back at the apartment, he took a quick shower. It was New Year's eve which meant the yearly drama award was taking place later that evening. The stylists and staff would be there in a few hours to get himself and Bambam ready. Jin was nominated for best supporting role in a TV-drama, and everyone had told him he had a good chance of winning, so he had to look his best for the cameras.

Before the ceremony, there was a tiny party for the company's many celebrities and staff. Jin had kind of wished that he could have his soulmate him there and such by now, but no such luck. He looked at the trashcan, scrapped versions of his letter laying in pieces. He really hoped that Namjoon would appreciate it, and maybe, just maybe it would be enough for him to come look for Jin. It was New Year's eve, so Jin allowed himself to wish for exactly that.

The pre ceremony party was held at the top company floor in the big conference room. There was finger food and glasses with champagne and wine. Beautifully decorated white tables scattered around, big windows covering the outer walls giving you an amazing view over the city.

Jin and Bambam sat down at one of the white round tables. Jin looked around the room, it was starting to get crowded, the sound of people talking a steady buzz in the air. He nodded and smiled when he made eye contact with fellow actors and actresses. They had musicians, dancers, and models as well but Jin didn't know a lot of those personally.

Bambam went to get them some tapas when Mark, one of Bambam's model friends, came over to their table linking arms with his soulmate.

`Good job on your role hyung, We're sure you'll get the award´ the two men smiled at Jin.

`Thank you. I saw you newest AD the other day, great work yourself´ Jin politely returned.

`Oh, thank you! We're going around greeting everyone, so see you at the award ceremony´

As the two left, Bambam came back with a plate overflowing with food. Jin couldn't keep in the chuckles as they started eating from the huge pile, casually greeting people walking by.

`You want the last scampi?´ Jin held it with his chopstick moving towards Bambam when Bambam's phone started vibrating. 

`Oh, Yugyeom is calling. I'll be back real soon´ Bambam quickly got up and hurriedly smiled at Jin, before he made his way for the quite hallways. Jin stuffed the last piece of food in his mouth as he looked after his friend.

Bambam had some months ago found his own soulmate, and Jin was very happy for him. However, Yugyeom lived in America, working as a model and TV host, so they mostly communicated through calls and chat. He and Bambam had met by chance when they had a fashion show over there. Jin couldn't help but be a bit envious. He knew where his own soulmate was, but he wasn't allowed to do anything about it. It , but looking at a happy and blushing Bambam had Jin smiling as well. Cause one day he would also have that, and he would wait patiently. He was closer than he had ever been so he couldn't afford to be negative now.

Jin felt like getting away from the steady buzz of people himself for a while. He stood up and walked over to the big windows, sitting down in one of the brown leather sofas looking out over the busy city life.

`You look gorgeous as ever´ a familiar voice whispered into his ear. The voice sent a careful breeze of goose bumps down Jin's arm. The comfortable smell of the man's cologne hit his nose only seconds later.

Jin turned around and looked into the dark brown eyes underneath a thick set of eyebrows. The guy was wearing a black suit with a half open shirt, a silver necklace resting against the exposed skin. His hair also black, parted to the side and the undersides shaved.

`I thought you looked thirsty' The man handed him a glass of champagne. `And lonely, I hope you don't mind if I stay for a bit?´ a smile played on the others lips, a couple of dimples emerging on each side of the bright set of teeth.

`Of course not. It's been a while´ Jin smiled back, as the other sat down next to him.

`It has, but you don't look any different though. Still no soulmate?´ the black haired man took a sip of his glass.' I was waiting to see if anyone would come, but I guess you're still waiting?'

`You know me, patiently waiting here for my soulmate´ Jin looked out over the city. Thinking about how long he had been waiting. About all the thoughts and dreams of soulmates he had clung to for years now.

`Yeah I do. Better than most you know´ He rested a hand on Jin's knee. `Just don't forget to live while you wait, it would be a waste´

Jin felt a tiny blush settling on his cheeks.

Jin had met Minhyuk(B-bomb/Block B) when he arrived at the company. Minhyuk was a dance teacher, one of the best in the business, always busy teaching idols or making new choreography. Jin had been attracted to the man right away, and the feeling was mutual. They got close really fast, maybe too quickly for the both of them. Minhyuk had a past with soulmates, and Jin had his future, so they went back to just being friends. Knowing that it was all for the best.

The past 3 years Minhyuk had been in Hong Kong to work with some new groups for the company and attended some dance conferences. During those years, they hadn't talked much, but Jin was happy to see him again as he didn't really have that many close friends. He had to admit Minhyuk looked good, and almost happy where he sat next to him.

`Let's see if those years made you a better dancer. Come on´

Jin grabbed Minhyuks hand and dragged them in the direction of the small dance floor. Minhyuk showed him some moves and Jin tried to copy him, with different results. Earning him giggles and bright smiles from not only Minhyuk, but some of the other guests as well. While trying to master the moves, Jin felt time fly, they had fun and laughed until it was time to move to the next venue.

He ended up winning the award he was nominated for. Jin bowed as he happily took the award and flowers, smiling brightly as he held a short speech. Everyone congratulated him as he sat back down and watched the rest of the ceremony pass by slowly.

`Does the award winning charmer have anything planned for the night?´ Minhyuk asked, carefully wrapping an arm around Jin's waist. They were standing right outside the venue of the ceremony getting some fresh air.

`I guess that depends. Do you have plans to take me somewhere?´ Jin smirked.

At first he really just wanted to go home, the day had been a haze of faces and congratulations. He really needed some peace and quiet. Then again Bambam had left with some of his model friends to go out and continue the party, and he really didn't feel like sitting in an empty apartment on New Year's eve. Secondly, he hadn't seen Minhyuk in 3 years so why not.

`Don't I always have a plan?´ Minhyuk playfully smiled back. `My car is this way´

They drove to Minhyuk's penthouse apartment not too far away. Jin had only been there a couple of times. The interior was simplistic but stylish, the furniture monochrome with a mix of dark browns to give the place some warmth.

Jin stepped into the living room as Minhyuk went into the kitchen to grab them something to drink.

The clock was nearing  12, the new year right behind the corner. Jin and Minhyuk had made their way out onto the large balcony with a view over the southern parts of Seoul. There was a slight breeze and Minhyuk gave Jin his jacket before he caressed his cheek, gentle fingers running down to his jaw.

`You know this isn't real right? That this isn't something that can last?´ Jin said as he looked at the liquid in his glass swirl. Minhyuk retracted his hand tucking it into his front pocket.

`Of course I know. I'd never want to try keep you away from your dream, your soulmate. I'd never do that, not when I know all too well what you're waiting for´ Minhyuk's face faltered a little, the old pain shining through for a few seconds.

`I know...I'm sorry. Thank you for keeping me company, it would've been lonely if you hadn't been here´ Jin placed his glass on the small table, and stood next to the other man, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting against the others warmth.

`It was my pleasure. I'd be lonely too if it wasn't for you. It's New Year's eve anyway, it's a day that should be shared with someone.´ Minhyuk placed his left hand on Jin's back, slowly up and down his spine. `Even if you're waiting for him, it doesn't mean you have to be lonely.´

`I know...Sometimes it just sounds harder to keep someone close until he'll be there. After a while the loneliness can get quite comfortable you know´ Jin sighed.

`That, or you're just getting used to the empty feeling, which you shouldn't. You know you have so much to give Seokjin. Your eyes spark so beautifully when you're allowed to give and receive.´

Jin knew Minhyuk was right. Jin always shone brighter when he was allowed to be taken care of and care for others. It gave him a warm feeling, a feeling of being important and needed. Yes, he had Bambam, but their relationship couldn't give him exactly those things. Especially now when Bambam also had Yugyeom.

`So, will you allow me to give it to you?´ Minhyuk lifted Jin's face, cupping his chin. `Will you stay the night?´

Jin looked into the caring brown eyes. The eyes which had made him feel like home for the first time when he had moved here. He knew that Minhyuk was on the same page as himself. They just needed someone, someone to trust inside the emptiness they both felt. And Jin was getting tired, tired of waiting, of dreams staying just that, dreams. He was allowed to live a little, to grab the pieces of happiness he could, so that the waiting wouldn't be so painful.

`Sure´ Jin leaned in, tilting his head a little, connecting their lips. Gentle lips answered his as the fireworks in Seoul filled the dark sky above.

 

It was a new year and the company was organizing a fan meeting, which meant Jin had to be at the company building a lot more than usual, planning for the meeting together with staff and other artists, models and actors from their entertainment.

Minhyuk always stopped by with coffee when he arrived for his lessons around noon. Sometimes the coffee was accompanied by a quick and stealthy kiss on his neck before Minhyuk pets his back and leaves to get changed.

Jin noticed how his soulmate mark started pulsating and wondered if it had anything to do with burning kisses being left on his skin. He knew it didn't make sense, cause only your soulmate is supposed to make it pulsate, right? He caught himself rubbing at it pretty much every day that week, and he thought it had to be his imagination playing tricks on him at this point. It was probably just him imagining things, or maybe he had an allergic reaction to something. Whatever it was, he tried to ignore it, working his hardest with the planning.

Thought if he hadn't been so occupied with work, he'd been able to see the tall, blond figure making his way in and out of the building multiple times that week.

 


Ooo,ooo is namjin meeting soon? also I hope you could enjoy this Jin chapter, I know you all want the answers that keeps coming in the comments, but as I've said, their right around the corner. In the next chapter we're greeting sunshine Hobi again to see how he is doing, and maybe we get to learn some new secrets to the soulmates and how it all works? :3 thank you so much for reading! (Goodluck to everyone else also fighting exams now!)