Mirror, Mirror

The name that never fades

Okay, this is the first of the double update! Because guess what, who knew, but I reached 100 subs on this, just like wow, thank you! You support is the cutest and best <3 So for the first of the updates, you and I both need to thank nowheretales on ao3, cause without her hawkeyes and comment this chapter would never have happend, so THANK YOU SO MUCH! 


Taehyung POV

Taehyung was walking from school, his bag heavy with gifts he had gotten from strangers and acquaintances. He scoffed. It wasn't that he didn't like Valentine's day. It was a nice enough celebration for the ones that actually had someone, but using money on a stranger to only give silly and useless gifts? No, he didn't get it. Half the people he had received gifts from, he had never seen before or didn't know the name of. So why would they spend their money on giving him a box of chocolate?

' Stupid.' he muttered.

His own Valentine's gift was still safely resting in his backpack. He might have told Jimin a white lie earlier, but most people his age already had crushes, or at least had someone they looked at. Like how Jimin was so excited to go out with Jungkook. Tae was truly happy for him; he knew how Jimin had eagerly waited for that day. Seeing the smile on his friend's face made him happy too. He was sure Jimin knew he didn't really have anyone he liked, not romantically anyway, so when he asked about his present, he just said the first name that came to mind. It was true that Irene was pretty, he had heard guys whisper about her countless of times, but he wasn't really that interested.

Taehyung walked into the hospital lobby and quickly greeted the receptionist, before he walked down the familiar corridor leading to the children's section of the hospital.

' Taehyungie!'

A little girl came running as soon as Tae entered the playroom of the ward. He quickly kneeled so that she could wrap her tiny arms around him.

' Hello, Yi-Kyung.' Tae held her tight as he stood up again.

' What did we say about the running though miss?' Tae looked at her with a serious expression.

' No running... I'm sorry I forgot' she muttered hiding her face.

' It's okay, just try to remember next time' He smiled and kissed her head. ' Where are the others?' Tae looked around the playroom, which was very much empty compared to usual.

' They went out with Wendy and Chanyeol, to that new fun house that just opened, as a Valentine's treat.' Yi-Kyung smiled up at him.

Yi-Kyung wasn't allowed outside due to her condition. She was one of those rare and unfortunate cases when they couldn't really figure out what was wrong with her, but something was absolutely wrong. She would randomly, and without warning, pass out, or get panic attacks when she would almost stop breathing. Therefore, she wasn't allowed to exhaust herself nor leave the hospital, which of course was not ideal for a 5 year old with lots of energy.

' Ahh, and you were left here all alone? Were you okay?' Taehyung sat down at the couch in the corner and rested Yi-Kyung on his left leg.

' Mhm, who did you give your Valentine's gift to today oppa?'

' Ahhh, I haven't given it yet..what if she doesn't like it Yi-Kyung-a?' Tae tried not to smile as he acted upset.

' No Taehyungie, you should just give the gift and smile very bright like you do, and she'll definitely like it!' She took his hand into her two tiny ones and looked at him reassuringly. ' I believe in you oppa'

' Oh, well if Yi-Kyung believes in me, I will give my Valentine's gift right now!' Tae carefully lifted Yi-Kyung off his lap and onto the sofa next to him. He dug through his backpack and fished up his gift.

' Happy Valentine's day Yi-Kyung!' Tae handed her the gift, and fell open as her eyes widened. ' Open it' Tae looked as Yi-Kyung opened the gift with careful hands, not destroying the wrapper.

' It's a mirror!' She studied the mirror, being decorated with a flowery frame and handle.

' It's not just any mirror though! It's a magical mirror' Tae explained, and Yi-Kyung only looked with big interest as he continued. ' If you say "Mirror, Mirror" and ask it a question, it will answer you with only the truth' Tae said seriously.

Yi-Kyung's eyes were big as he asked her to try asking it a question. ' Try the famous one from the fairytales!'

Yi-Kyung tightened her grip and looked straight into the mirror and her own reflection. ' Mirror, mirror, who is the prettiest girl in the world?'

Tae quickly turned his head a little and covered his mouth. ' The prettiest girl in the entire world is no other than Choi Yi-Kyung' he said in a deep voice.

' Oppa! That was you and not the mirror' She giggled.

' Of course it wasn't. I told you it was a magical mirror' Tae smiled as he picked her up again and rested her on his lap. ' And I heard that pretty girls get chocolate on Valentine's day, so don't you think you should have some chocolate?'

' You have chocolate?!' Yi-Kyung started wiggling her feet in excitement.

Tae dug out all but one of the chocolate boxes he had gotten during the day.

' We're going to share with the rest okay? They probably want some too when they get back' Tae smiled as he saw how Yi-Kyung kept eyeing the chocolate boxes. ' Okay, if you answer right on this question you can get a chocolate before the others come, got it?'

Yi-Kyung nodded as she kept staring at Tae. ' Who is your favorite person in the world?'

' Chanyeol oppa!' She exclaimed as he raised her hands.

' Awhhh, no chocolate for you' Tae said while pouting his lips.

' Ahhh, no, no, oppa! I meant Taehyungie, Taehyungie oppa, you're my favorite' she giggled as she wrapper her arms around him. He hugged her tight before he got a chocolate and fed it to her.

'Mmmm! Yummy!' Yi-Kyung announced as she chewed on her candy. She looked around the room before she clapped her hands and looked up at Tae.' I've been drawing in the coloring book you gave me for my birthday, want to see?'  Tae nodded, and she practically jumped off his lap to get her book laying on the floor just a few feet away.

' Look! I drew you and your soulmate!'  She said as she walked over showing off her drawing.

It's a drawing of what looks like two guys in a blue and purple suit and lots of flowers and hearts decorating the edges.

' Ooo that's pretty' he smiled as Yi-Kyung rested the book on his lap.

' This is you' she pointed at the guy with a big smile on his face. ' And this is your handsome prince' she pointed at the guy next to "Tae" wearing a bright red bow tie.

' There is no princess for me?' Tae asked curiously. He himself hadn't really thought of having a guy as his soulmate.

' No! Oppa has a really pretty prince waiting for him' Yi-Kyung smiled up at him. ' He is much prettier than any of the princesses, trust me Taehyungie!'

' Oh well, then I trust you Yi-Kyung' Kids and their fantasies.

' Did you know I have a prince waiting for me too oppa?' her tiny round cheeks blushed.

' Oh, does my little princess already have a little prince looking for her?' Tae smiled.

He didn't get a response as the playroom quickly filled up as the others got back from their trip. Taehyung, with help of Wendy and Chanyeol, handed out the rest of the chocolate before he excused himself and left the hospital.

' Here you go, happy Valentine's day ' Tae handed the last of the chocolate boxes off.

' Ahh, haha, thanks Tae, you really didn't have to do all this for me today though' Hoseok looked over at his friend resting his back against the bench in the park.

' Aish, you know I do anything for you, hyung' Tae added a wink and Hoseok genuinely smiled back happily.

' Sometimes you're so cheesy I actually think you might like me ' Hoseok said teasingly.

' Haha, never! You might be the best guy out there, but what we have is special, bro's forever right?' Tae looked up at the stars shining bright on the dark night sky. He had texted Hoseok, and the two of them had taken a beer at the pub before taking a walk in the park. Neither of them had anyone special to spend the holiday with anyway.

' Yi-Kyung said something strange to me today though'

' Oh? What did she say?' Hosoek asked intrigued while eating his chocolate.

' She drew a painting of me and my soulmate, and the soulmate was a guy' Tae looked over at Hoseok with a raised brow. ' She told me he was much prettier than any girl out there, and that he was the prince waiting for me' Tae giggled. ' That girl and her fantasies'

' She might be right though' Hoseok said casually.

' About what? That my soulmate is a prince?' Tae giggled again due to the absurdness of it all.

' No, but about your soulmate being a boy. You don't know yet'

' Seriously? Hobi, not everyone likes guys like you, you know?'

' No, but you're forgetting that your heart wants what your heart wants, whether your mind is comfortable with it or not. You unfortunately can't choose your soulmate' Hobi's voice faded into a whisper.

' I'm sorry, I know how much you looked forward to meeting yours' Tae said honestly.

' Thanks, but it's getting easier. I'm getting used to it. ' Hobi tried to smile, but Tae could see how hard the other tried not to cry.

' Ahh come here you cry baby' Tae scooted closer and wrapped one arm around Hoseok's shoulder. Hoseok rested his head on the other's shoulder as his tears wetted Tae's t-shirt.

' I bet, you'd be an amazing soulmate Hobi. I'm sorry your soulmate never got to know' With those words Hoseok only cried harder, and Tae his head until Hoseok's breathing was a steady rhythm in the night.

Tae and Hoseok sat at the bench for another couple of hours. Hoseok sleeping on his shoulder as Tae looked at the stars and tried to not think about soulmates. Which ended up being impossible. ' Who are you huh? Are you really a prince in a shining armor like Yi-Kyung says?'

To be honest, Taehyung was more scared than anything about knowing who his soulmate was. To be honest he was scared to death, and a part of  him wished he would never know.

' Hey soulmate! Are you waiting for me out there?' Tae's voice sounded harsh in the quiet park.

Tae listened; nothing but silence was heard besides Hoseok's steady breathing next to him. He exhaled and rested his head on top of Hoseok's. 


Please ALSO give a round of applause to yeobeo, for taking her time beta reading these chapters and being the amazing marshmallow she is! Thank you, and head right on to the next chapter, which also should be out by the time you made it this far! :3