Pose for me

The name that never fades

The second chapter of the double update! And from the comments since last time I'm gonna keep uploading whenever I have a new chapter for you, so keep looking out for the surprise updates x') 


Yoongi POV

' Take one more step to the right. '

Yoongi was setting up his photo lamps in the school's studio. When that was done, he quickly took a few test shots, before correcting the settings.

' You ready?' Yoongi smiled up from behind his Canon camera.

' Mhm, fire away boss' Jimin winked.

Yoongi had just gotten one of the first photo assignments for the semester. It was a sport magazine inspired shoot so he had asked Jimin to model for him, and he of course said yes. The first part of the shoot was Jimin in a black tracksuit and black headband. Yoongi asked some of the girls from stage make-up class to help him out with the styling, and he had to say he was really pleased with the result; Jimin actually pulled off the model look really well.

Yoongi needed to direct Jimin only a few times, as he naturally moved well in front of the camera. They took a nice amount of different poses and angles before Yoongi was satisfied and certain he had something he could use.

' Can I see?' Jimin walked towards him.

Yoongi nodded and opened the camera's library. Jimin walked closer and put his arm around Yoongi's shoulder to see better. Jimin's cologne hit Yoongi's nose and he swallowed before he started to shuffle through the photos .

' Ooo, these look really good! Don't they?' Jimin smiled brightly.

' Mmm, you're a good model. You make it easy to get good shots like these'

' Awhh, aren't you throwing compliments all over?' Jimin bounced into him, and Yoongi blushed a little.

' Pfft, go get changed for the second part' Yoongi mumbled.

While Jimin changed, Yoongi went out and got both of them a cup of coffee. He also picked up one of the sports magazines he had brought with him. He sat down, sipping his coffee, while he waited. When Jimin walked out again, he was dressed up in his dance gear. The headband was replaced with a backward snapback, and the tracksuit with a pair of long baggy shorts and a low cut singlet.

Yoongi could feel the mark on his shoulder starting itch. He still wasn't used to it. Since a few months ago whenever Jimin were around him, his soulmate mark would start to itch or pulsate. He bit on his lip to keep himself from scratching it.

' I got you a cup too.' Yoongi gestured towards the coffee cup on the little table next to him.

' Oh, thanks hyung!'

Jimin sat down in the chair next to Yoongi, and Yoongi showed him the magazine. Yoongi explained what he wanted Jimin to do for their next shoot, and Jimin nodded as he understood. They helped each other out as they changed the set up for the lights and the scene. When it was all done, Jimin put on some music and took his mark.

Yoongi liked these type of pictures a whole lot more. This time, Jimin moved fluidly but slowly in front of him. Yoongi liked taking modeled and styled pictures, but he loved taking these moment shots. Capturing movement and emotions was what he loved most about photography, and with Jimin moving in front of him as he took shot after shot, he couldn't stop the happy beats of his heart. Jimin looked truly beautiful as he moved to the music, and Yoongi for a few seconds forgot his job as he just stared.

Stared at his soulmate. Yoongi, since he got the mark, had realized what people talked about when they whispered about how handsome Jimin was. His heart kind of grew with pride when he heard those comments. Now, as he couldn't even agree more, as Jimin had started to make his heart beat faster. He noticed how he himself would smile shyly whenever the younger sent him a message. At first, the feeling had been weird and unfamiliar, but after a while, he guessed that this must be how Namjoon felt around him.

As the fifth song ended, Yoongi was really happy about the results.

' Good job, and thanks for doing this for me' Yoongi gave Jimin one of his gummy smiles.

' No problem hyung, I got your back, always'

Yoongi started to clean up the studio and pack his things as Jimin went to change into his normal clothes. They walked outside together, shoulders brushing each other.

' Can you believe I'll be 19 in just a few months? It feels like yesterday when you turned 19 hyung' Jimin said, as they passed the bench where they met up, on Yoongi's birthday, 2 years ago.

' Yeah, time passes quickly, it truly doesn't feel that long ago '

' Oh! Did you bring my gift from back then?' Jimin turned and looked at Yoongi.

' Of course, where me and my camera goes, the lens go as well' Yoongi looked curiously back at Jimin.

' Then let's take a picture together right here at the bench!' Jimin tugged at Yoongi's arm.

' Sure' Yoongi opened his camera bag and attached the lens. Jimin took Yoongi's arm and wrapped it around his shoulder, as he wrapped his own around Yoongi's waist. Yoongi looked over at Jimin who only smiled back at him. Yoongi swallowed as he felt the warmth of Jimin on his side. He coughed and aimed the camera.

' Cheeesee' Jimin said, and Yoongi could tell he was smiling so big, his eyes almost disappeared.

Yoongi continued to take pictures, and Jimin told him how to pose. They did everything from peace signs to ugly faces, to pictures of Jimin dying of laughter as he found Yoongi's "ugly face" too hilarious. They sat together as they looked through them, and Jimin kept laughing at the silly pictures. However, in the middle of all the funny pictures, one made Yoongi's heart beat a bit faster. It might look really boring to others, but Yoongi could tell this was his favorite, the second it appeared on the tiny screen. He didn't even really remember pushing the button when this happened. Jimin had just stopped laughing and was looking at Yoongi with the brightest smile, his eyes having that certain spark Yoongi only saw on special occasions. Yoongi was looking back at Jimin smiling just as brightly because the younger was being silly, but the happiness captured in this shot just warmed Yoongi's heart so deeply. He admitted they looked good together in it, they kind of look like boyfriends, and the thought made his heart speed up.

' We had soulmate studies not long ago though, it's really interesting' Jimin started. ' Do you think it really is that simple hyung?'

' Is what simple?'

' You know. Soulmates? Doesn't it seem a bit easy to just give everyone that one special person they belong too?' Jimin looked at him deep in thought.

' I'm not sure if I understand' Yoongi looked back at him, lost.

' Well, I mean. Some people like older people, some like girls, some like boys, some like neither. Doesn't it compared to all that look a little too easy to just be given that one special person like that?'

' Love isn't easy, soulmates or not Jimin. You know how sometimes, people get someone they really don't like as their soulmate, or the stories like Hobi, where you get your soulmate , but they're already dead. I don't think soulmates make anything easier, really.' Yoongi replied after some time.

' I guess you're right' Jimin stood up. ' It doesn't really apply to me anyway cause I already know who my soulmate is' Jimin exclaimed.

' Oh, really? Who's your soulmate then?'

' Had Yoongi been too obvious lately? Should he quickly tell Jimin, tell him about why he had decided not to tell him this whole time? Had he by accident been able to see the dotted lines on his shoulder as they worked today? How did he know? Would he be mad? Or wait, did Jimin have someone else in mind?' Yoongi nervously rubbed at the back of his neck, as he felt his cheeks heat up.

' Kookie of course' Jimin blushed slightly as he said the name out loud. Yoongi felt a tiny sting in his chest.

' How can you know though? It's not like you're the one who decides?' Yoongi tried to keep his voice steady and normal.

' It's just a feeling you know, the feeling that we belong together?' Jimin's eyes once again shone a bit brighter, and Yoongi could feel the pain tightening around his heart. ' Did you know by the way, that if you are the first one in a soulmate couple, and if you're lucky, you'll feel when your soulmate get their mark?'

' Ah, no I didn't.' Yoongi tried to hide the disappointment in this voice.

' I think that's really cool. I hope that happens to me. I bet it's a really special feeling.' Jimin stared in wonder up at the sky.

Yoongi felt his heart continue to sink, as he saw how strongly Jimin felt for someone who wasn't him, someone who wouldn't be his soulmate.

' I'm sorry I'm not Jungkook, Jimin. I'm sorry I am your soulmate, and that I didn't have the heart to tell you. I couldn't, certainly not after seeing how your eyes lit up whenever you talk about him. I'm sorry.' 

 


OKAY DID SOMEONE SAY YOONMIN?! This might or might not have been written cos I had them feels? (A) Or was there hints in here for other stuff? I don't know you tell me :D Are some people beginning to anticipate the reveal of maknae line now? Actually I'm having trouble deciding whether to do Jin or Jimin first so comment your wishes x') ! Thank you to all you lovely people taking the time to read this mess of a plot I am trying to write out, you're all amazing! Saranghae <3