If you ever want to talk to someone

I'm Not Crazy

    Two knocking could be heard on Seolhyun’s office’s door followed by a « Come in. ». Seolhyun’s face lightened when she saw a certain nun walking into the room.

« Already at work ? » Yuna asked with a smile, walking towards Seolhyun’s desk on which were tons of files about her now patients.

« Yeh, wasting no time. There are so many files, I have to read all of them before I meet the patients. » Seolhyun said with an already tired face. Taking off her glasses, she leant her back on the black and expensive desk chair.

« Already tired ? » Yuna asked with her usual kind smile, sitting on one of the two chairs in front of the desk.

« Yeh, I’ve been reading 3/4 of the files, I think I’ll go get some coffee. »

« Be careful with the coffee here. Once it drops on your clothes, it never leaves. » The redhead confessed jokingly.

« You don’t have that problem, you’re dressed in black from head to toes ! »Seolhyun replied jokingly.

« I sure am lucky ! Be careful, that beautiful white blouse might die today. » Yuna added, laughing with the psychiatrist. « It would be a shame, your outfits are on point ! »

« Thank you. » Seolhyun said with an amused smile, putting her hand on her chest to show that the comment went right to her heart.

« So, let’s go get those coffee ! » Yuna said excitedly.

 

 

    You could see how Yuna was happy about Seolhyun’s arrival. She felt like they could become great friends. The redhead had tried becoming friend with the other nurses of the institution but they seemed to be on an all different level so Yuna just gave up. Anyway, better alone than in bad company, right ? Well… We could say that her only company was the crazies around here and one particularly. That Mina girl. She seemed pretty normal to Yuna. There were people here who deserved to be internee but Mina…She looked so kind and normal in front of Yuna, which was weird since she looked normal only when Yuna was there. 

And all those y nurses…But Seolhyun… She knew she was different. She looked so kind and down to earth. 

    

 

    The two girls got back into Seolhyun’s office and sat back to where they were sitting iously but with cups of coffee this time.

Seolhyun went through her files again with her cup of coffee in her left hand.

« I think one file is missing. I don’t have Shin Hyejeong’s one. » Seolhyun noted with a perplexed look, still looking through the papers.

« It’s because she doesn’t benefits of the help of a psychiatrist anymore. » Yuna said normaly, making Seolhyun’s eyes widen.

« Why ? » She asked puzzled. 

« Every time a psychiatrist offers his help, he leaves after 2 weeks. So the institution decided not to involve any psychiatrist with her anymore. »

« But… Why do they leave ? »

« We don’t know… They just leave. »

Seolhyun looked puzzled at Yuna for a while, it all seems weird and strange and Seolhyun didn’t know how to react.

« What do you know about her ? The why she’s here ? » Seolhyun asked, wanting to know more about the story. Yuna looked at her hesitantly for a while but finally talked.

« It was 7 years ago. She was the perfect daughter, child of the priest and the perfect housewife. The most beautiful girl in the town, best student…Perfect family, right ? One day, her mother cameback home from the mall and she found her husband, Hyejeong’s father, on the floor of the kitchen, covered by blood, and Hyejeong right next to him with a cooking knife. The police took her to their department and asked her what had happened and all those things police do. She said that her father, the most respected man of the town, the priest, used to her since she was 13 but she was defenseless and that day he touched her in the kitchen and she couldn’t take it anymore so she took a knife and killed him. »

Seolhyun listened to the entire story with wide eyes, shocked.

« But who would have believed her ? Her father was the most respected man of the town and the 7 years she has spent here did not fix anything. She’s been yelling and crying and she was unbearable. So we’ve … They have been giving her medicines which make her look like a zombie. It’s way easier to take care of her that way. I was one of the only persons who wanted to believe her but you know, one person isn’t enough so i’ve been kind to her, I gave her pieces of chocolate from time to time. I guess she trusted me but now she’s just a zombie, she yells at everyone, well… she tries to yell, I doubt she even recognizes me. »

Working in such an unstable place was hard. The best thing to do was ignore all kind of feelings. 

« But she doesn’t act like that with Mina though… I guess there’s something special about her for them to be friends. »

 

 

    Already 5pm and Seolhyun’s cup of coffee was empty, perfect contrast with her desk which was full of paper. The psychiatrist decided to got get some coffee again. She walked through the long and dark corridors and walked into the main room where all the patients were. Some of them looked really strange, it sent shiver into Seolhyun’s back. She would meet some nuns from time to time, saluting them politely with a bow. Still, there were no Yuna nor Mina to be seen. When she got out of the kitchen and passed by the main room once again, she saw Hyejeong sitting alone and watching through the gigantic window which showed the yard of the institution already dark from the early sunset. She hesitated a while. She wanted to talk to her, try to help her, but she was afraid she would yell and disturb everyone because of her. Anyway, she wanted to talk too her too much so she walked towards her and sat silently on the sofa which longed the window, Hyejeong sitting on a small sofa at her left, still looking through the window.

« Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Seolhyun, I’m the new psychiatrist. » Seolhyun said with a warm and kind voice. « You must be Shin Hyejeong. Nice to meet you. » 

Hyejeong seemed not to notice Seolhyun and kept looking through the window. Seolhyun kept looking at Hyejeong with her kind smile. 

« It’s ok if you don’t want to talk. We can stay silent if you want to, or I can simply talk to you and you can listen to me. » Seolhyun’s smile grew a bit bigger when she saw Hyejeong’s gaze leaving the window to look at her feet. « But If you ever want to talk to someone, I’ll be happy to be that someone. » She added. This time, Hyejeong turned her head slowly towards Seolhyun. Although did not curve to form a smile, Seolhyun could see a bit of happiness in the girls eyes.

 

 

 

~ Hi everyone !! Did you guys like it ? I know there isn't much action but wait a little more, ok ? :p

 

Many things happened lately.. There were the attacks in Paris, since I'm french I hear people talking about it all the time. We're all in serious . Plus there was the Japan seism and other stuff and the South Korea president oppressing her civilians... I hope you're all ok wherever you are on earth, take care of you ♥︎

 

- your sad authornim