A Day in Hyejeong's Life

I'm Not Crazy

          Hyejeong’s eyes opened in pain. The sun had already invaded the room and it was assaulting her retina. The girl let out a little growl before lifting her back to be in a sitting position.

 

uuugh, another ty day.

 

The girl heard footsteps getting closer and closer to her room.

 

Not those bastards.

 

It was them, and a huge feeling of disgust invaded her body as she saw them walking toward her.

 

How am I supposed to stay zombie alike when I could just punch them in the face. Look at them, those disgusting dickheads, you disgust me ! 

 

« Hey darling, how you doing today ? » The taller one said, smirking at the girl.

 

Don’t call me darling you stupid and disgusting er.

 

« I like her the best when she’s voiceless, don’t you ? » The other one said, looking at the tall man.

« Yeh, this is my favorite Hyejeong. »

« Anyway, here’s your lunch darling. » The man said, taking a plate which was on the cart and placing it on what looked like a table. 

« Enjoy your meal babe, we’re coming back in 10. » 

There the both of them left the room, letting Hyejeong release the jaw she had been clenching quite hard since they entered the room. 

 

Yeh no, don’t comeback, I’m better off alone, thanks. 

 

          10 minutes later, the men came back and walked Hyejeong to the main room where she would spend the majority of her day sitting on the exact same chair as she had always done.

The girl was looking through the window but she could still see what was happening behind her with the reflexion of the object, and damn, what she saw was weird.

Well, it’s nothing weird for someone who’s used to that kind of places but Hyejeong was dumbfounded.

 

Look at those people.. I’M NOT CRAZY DAMN ! LOOK AT THEM ! THEY ARE CRAZY ! I’M NOT ! 

 

          Hyejeong swore they were going to drive her really crazy someday if she stayed there any longer.

And damn, she was tired, there was nothing to do in that place. No game, no music, nothing. The only thing she could do was wait. She waited, sitting on that exact same chair, for 7 years. Well, it had become bearable since she was in a zombie state, but now that she had taken over all her senses, it became a little bit harder for her to ignore everything and especially the things she was dreading the most. 

 

Hyejeong. She heard as if someone was whispering in her ear. 

Missed us ? One of the voices said in her left ear.

 

The girl immediately placed her hands on her ears, trying to stop the voices.

 

Leave me alone ! She whispered with a painful expression. Leave me alone !

 

She wants us to leave her. 

Come on Hyejeong, you know the terms, we’re not leaving you.

Never.

Oh, hear that ? 

Cries could be heard by Hyejeong, cries as sharped as knifes.

Make it stop. The girl cried silently, her hands still on her ears. Please, make it stop. She pleaded, tears running down her cheeks. It hurts ! 

The voices did not let her alone that morning, and Hyejeong felt like her head was going to explode . She had spent the morning trying to make it stop, clutching her nails into the fabric of the chair, trying to focus on not screaming.

 

After long hours, the men came back to Hyejeong, smiling like some idiots.

 

« Hey babe, it’s psycho time, are you ready ? » The younger one said, pulling the girl up to walk her to Seolhyun’s office.

 

Thank you God. I’m finally going to see someone normal…

 

             The screams had finally stopped and damn, her head still hurt like crazy, but seeing the door of the office getting closer, the pain almost flew away.

The men knocked at the door and a soft « Come in. » was heard coming from the inside of the room. 

 

Damn, she looks so good. And I look so miserable…

 

            The men sat Hyejeong on the couch and left the room. When Hyejeong heard the door closing, she took a deep breath and threw her face into her hands. She was finally going to act normal and freaking talk.

 

« You look devastated. Are you alright ? » Seolhyun asked worriedly.

« I am now.. » Hyejeong said, a weak smile escaping from her lips. 

« We did not get to introduce ourselves properly, at least I didn’t. » She added, smiling at the girl in front of her and hell, Seolhyun swore she had already seen that perfect smile making her heart flutter, was it in a dream ? And that voice… Damn.

« I’m Shin Hyejeong. Nice to meet you. » She said with a warm smile

« Kim Seolhyun. » The other replied with the same warm smile.

 

Seolhyun checked the informations she had on Hyejeong with the girl first : name, surname, birth date and other basic informations and went deeper. 

 

« I still can’t believe your father would do that to you. What kind of father would do that to his daughter ? » 

Yeh, the discussion was deeper than a professional talk but they had already done a lot of things which caused them to be closer like the pills thing so whatever.

«  He wasn’t really my dad though, since I was adopted. I guess he never really considered me as his daughter. And although he did raise me, I don’t feel like he would have been a great parental figure to anyone. Despite being the priest. He was more of a father to the city than to me.»

There, the girls stayed silent, not knowing what to say exactly. It was all very disturbing. 

« Why do you even believe me ? I mean, no one believes me, except Sister Yuna and Mina… »

« I don’t know, when I look at you talking you don't seem to be lying… »

« But you already believed me back when I couldn’t talk. Why would you still help me ? »

« I- I don’t know… I know what it’s like to go through hell… »

« But people believed you, why wouldn’t they believe me ? Why won’t people believe me now as well ? » The girl started to cry, tears streaming down her face.

« What do you mean ? » Seolhyun asked puzzled.

« No one believed me when I said they had me... »

« What do you mean ‘they’ ? Who are you talking about ? » Seolhyun asked eye widened.

« Those two bastards. Even the director did not do anything about that. They called me ‘The Girl Who Cried Wolf’ and gauzed me with those freaking pills when I was trying to defend myself. »

« Oh god… »

« Only Sister Yuna and Mina believed me… » There the girl cried even more.

« I want Mina… You have to save her please, she’s so skinny down there, she doesn’t even eat, bring her back to me please… » Hyejeong almost whispered, exhausted.

« What do you- What ? How do you- ? Have you seen her or- ? » Seolhyun asked even more puzzled.

 

Don’t tell her.

 

« Not you again… » Hyejeong whispered, unfortunately heard by Seolhyun.

« What ? » She asked puzzled.

 

Don’t tell her, Hyejeong.

If you tell her, we kill the short one.

 

« The voices. » Hyejeong breathed, pressing her hands on her ears. «  LEAVE ME ALONE ! »

 

The voices kept repeating those two sentences, driving the girl crazy.

 

We’ll kill her.

Don’t tell her.

« LEAVE ME THE ALONE ! » Hyejeong yelled, losing her temper.

« Calm down, what’s happening, come on calm down. » Seolhyun tried to calm her down in vain. 

Suddenly the two men showed up, taking the girl who was screaming like crazy.

« Wait ! We’re not done yet ! » Seolhyun yelled, seeing the men walking Hyejeong away painfully.

« Yes you’re are. » They said, leaving the room.

 

Seolhyun heard Hyejeong’s cries getting further and further, she had no idea what had just happened.

 

The men were pulling on Hyejeong’s arms forcefully, hurting her in the process. 

 

« LET ME GO ! » She screamed, torn between the voices and the men.

 

The men succeeded in getting Hyejeong in her bed but the girl wouldn’t stop moving and yelling, trying to hit the men in the process. The taller one lose his temper and punched Hyejeong’s face, making her pass out. 

Hyejeong woke up the next morning with a terrible headache and a painful black eye.

 

 

 

__________________________

 

~ Hey guys ! I saw all your comments and damn, this is so heart warming aaaw you guys are the best of the best !! A lot of you went to school as well I saw, let's support eachother to forget about the pain of the school lmao

Longer chapter ehe, and more disturbing as well lol

Weird is happening uuuh, I don't even know what I can say about this lol, I'll let you tell me ;)

And thanks to seoljeongT_T who gave the idea of the Hyejeong POV ;)

 

- Your