Here's What Happened

I'm Not Crazy

           The two men sat Hyejeong on the sofa of the psychiatrist office as Seolhyun watched her with horrified eyes, not losing her sight even a second. She waited till the men left to speak up, a painful look on her face. 

« What have they done to you… » She said with a weak voice. 

It sure wasn’t pretty at all. It was purple/blue, puffy and must have been hurting a lot. 

« Yuna warned me but hell… » She said, remembering the earlier conversation.

 

 

Flashback

 

    

          Seolhyun was checking some papers when Yuna came in in a hurry, sitting in front of Seolhyun’s desk with a perplexed look. 

The girl looked at Seolhyun for a long time, no word coming out of .

« Go ahead ! Say what you have to say ! » Seolhyun said, looking at the girl puzzled.

« Umh.. » Yuna thought about a way to say it. Not too brutal but whatever the way she’d say it, it would end up being brutal, so she started.

« You know, yesterday… When Hyejeong had her crisis… » She said a bit too slowly, driving Seolhyun worried. « When they walked her to her room, she wouldn’t stop screaming and… They kind of punched her… really hard. On the face… » Yuna said with an apprehensive look. « And her left eye is kind of really injured and it’s all black and please, don’t burst out of that room to kill them cause we need you here and not fired. » Yuna added the last part, seeing Seolhyun’s face darken.

 

 

End of the Flashback

 

 

« I swear to god I wanna kill them so bad ! » She said, seeing how Hyejeong’s eye was injured. « Does it hurt a lot ? » She asked worriedly.

« No.. Well, Yuna gave me some pain killer so it does hurt but it's bearable and I have an headache. Plus, I can’t really see with my left eye. » Hyejeong said with a weak voice.

Aargh, why did she always have to be that weak when she was with Seolhyun ? There was always an event which would make her miss the joy she could be having with the psychiatrist.

The two stayed silent a few seconds, just looking at each other ( with only one eye for Hyejeong )

« I’m sorry.» Hyejeong said, looking right into Seolhyun’s eyes.  « I’m such a waste of time. »

« No, don’t say that. You’re not ! Really ! » Seolhyun tried to comfort the girl in vain.

« I know I’m such a pain in the , you must have had an ulcer because of the stress I caused you to have… »

« No, really, no. »

« Come on, you’ve spent months on my case and you don’t even know the reasons why I’m here and all those crazy things happen. » 

Suddenly, Hyejeong caught Seolhyun’s attention like never. What was she talking about ?

« And I’m going to tell you right now. I’m going to tell you everything. »

Whoop, some serious ’s coming.

« I’ve know Mina since I was 9, when I moved here and umh, we got along very well from the start. I was already taller than her, you should have seen her, a tiny dwarf. » 

The taller one laughed, remembering the past with a nostalgic feeling. 

« We grew up together and she knew everything about me just as I knew everything about her. She’d always sleep over at my house and me at hers and we were so good just the two of us.. And my dad started to do his things on me and she saw how cold and distant I grew to be and she just knew. She saw him like I did since she was always at my house when I wasn’t at hers and he could hide from others but not from us. It was obvious she said. and um.. » Hyejeong’s voice cracked as a lone tear fell down her cheek. « We tried to say it to people old enough to do something but no one would listen to us and uhm…  It was getting more aggressive every time. I’d end up with black eyes like that one. » She pointed at her eye. « It was getting out of hands and uhm..You know how teens are. Adventurous. Curious. Fearless. » 

A cloud of regret covered Hyejeong’s face as she thought about everything that happened.

« We heard someone contacted a demon and things like that and made a deal with it and I have no idea why we even tried because it was a terrible idea and we’re in that freaking asylum now. »

 

 

Flashback

 

 

             Mina pushed Hyejeong into the room as the girl started to doubt about the true meaning of the thing.

« Come on ! We’re not going back. » The shorter one said, placing the bag on the low table. She pulled out what was in it as the taller one sat in front of her. Mina lit up the candles she had placed on the table and put the book on the middle, opening it where the mark was. 

« Ok, we’re really doing this. » She said, looking up to see Hyejeong’s face lit up by the flame of the candles. « It’s not like we had any other option. » 

« You don’t have to do this Mina… »

« I’m the one who decided to do it, ok ? I want to do this, for you. » She said with a determined look.

«Ok... let’s do this. »

« Ok. » 

The younger one, who was the most fearless one, started to read what was written on the book, focused like she had never been while Hyejeong stood there, looking at her.

All of a sudden, the lights of the house switched off and the candles were blew off, a single one remaining on fire as the temperature suddenly dropped. Hyejeong, who had closed her eyes when it happened, opened them slowly, and hell, she felt like her heart was going to stop beating when she saw a shadow behind Mina, who seemed to be as shocked as her.

« Hyejeong… » She whispered « There are two shadows behind you. »  

There, they knew it had worked and they couldn’t turn back time. 

« We- » Hyejeong hum and haw as she was terrified at that exact moment. « We want to make a deal. » She succeeded in saying, looking straight at the shadow.

« Her father’s a and he’s going to kill her someday soon if he goes on like that. No one wants to help us so please, accept our request. » Mina said, determined. « Assure us your protection and we give you our bodies. » 

It sure sounded more intelligent in Mina’s head but whatever, she said it and Hyejeong saw the shadow nodding, getting closer and closer to Mina as Mina saw the two shadows behind Hyejeong placing their hands on her shoulders, an action which froze Hyejeong dead as she felt it. The shadow disappeared into Mina, making her body rise a little and fall back to her previous position, blowing the last candle off in the process.

 

 

End of the Flashback

 

 

« You sold your soul to the Devil ? » Seolhyun asked dumbfounded. « I did not see that coming. »

« Since that day, the two shadows follow me everywhere. Although they are not saying anything, I feel their presence and this is because of them that I acted crazy yesterday. They said they would kill Mina if I told you this and they wouldn’t stop yelling and my head was hurting so much… »

« Why did you tell me all of that if they said they would kill Mina ? » Seolhyun asked eye widened.

« Because I had a little arranging with them and they won’t hurt her. »

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Hyejeong.

Hey, what’s up Hyejeong ?

Missed us ?

How’s your little friend ? The dying one ?

The boss’s one ?

Remember what we said.

You don’t say anything.

Remember the deal.

Or els-

  

« Shut up you crazy bastards ! Our deal, our deal, what deal ? You did nothing for us. You only got us into that awful place with your stupid ! » She whispered furiously, letting all out. « Look at my face. Look at Mina. You were supposed to protect us so let me get some help from someone who actually wants to help us. »

There, the room stayed silent for a good minute, a very long minute to Hyejeong. 

 

Whoa.

Look at our little Hyejeong.

So grown up.

You’ve got a point.

Fine, tell her. 

We won’t do anything to your little friend. 

 

 

End of the Flashback

 

 

« Do you believe me ? Do you think I’m crazy ? » Hyejeong asked worriedly as she saw the puzzled look on Seolhyun’s face.

« No. I mean. It’s quite disturbing but I saw it with my own eyes, Mina’s pretty possessed so I think all the things you just said is the truth. » 

Hyejeong felt relieved like never. She did believe her although all that story was nonsense to anyone she would have said this.

« What about your father then ? Did they ..? »

« Yeh.. I mean.. Yeh. He was too violent this time and I guess I unintentionally called them and they just appeared and pushed him against the counter, they were playing around, terrorising him and it was so weird cause they are just shadows yet we could see their look clearly and they seemed to be very pleased when they saw me nodding in dispair as I asked them to make it all stop and they stabbed him many times. »

« This is crazy. I did not expect any of this to happen and I don’t know how to react at all. » Seolhyun said with her puzzled look. « Are they here right now ? » 

Hyejeong nodded, feeling a hand on her right shoulder. 

 

Say hi to your girlfriend from us.

She’s pretty.

And y.

The y Psychiatrist with the y Crazy.

y girlfriends.

 

A laugh escaped Hyejeong’s mouth as she heard those words.

 

« They are telling you ‘hi’ » She puffed. « And that you’re y. » 

 

You forgot the ‘girlfriend’ part Hyejeong !

Don’t forget the ‘girlfriend’ part ! It’s the best one !

 

 

She couldn’t stop laughing at the spirits sentences, a quite nervous laugh though. She needed to laugh it all off and hell it did feel good as . 

After a few minutes laughing with Seolhyun who had blushed deep red when Hyejeong said what she shadows wanted her to say, the girl went back to their normal self, yet the appointment was almost over.

 

 

« It has already been 15 minutes ? » Seolhyun said in disbelief as she took a look at her watch.

« It goes by pretty fast when I can speak, right ? » The taller one said playfully, curving her lips into a smile as big as she could without feeling the pain in her eye.

« It sure does. » Seolhyun laughed.

« Oh, I forgot about something. »

Seolhyun looked at her puzzled. Another terrifying fact ?

« You couldn’t give me my candy those two passed appointment. You owe me two candies plus the one of today. 3 candies. You owe me 3 candies Kim  Seolhyun. Oh, how should I call you though ? Dr Kim ? Seolhyun ? Dr Kim Seolhyun ? »

« Call me as you wish, I don’t really care coming from you. » She replied with a kind smile. « And I owe you nothing. There is no deal between us which include candies. »

Hyejeong pouted like a child and hell, with that black eye she was heartbreaking although she was faking being sad at the moment.

« But I’ll give it to you cause you’ve been a good girl. » She said, getting up and took 3 candies on the box, followed closely by Hyejeong.

When Seolhyun turned back, she was facing Hyejeong and hell, it felt so natural being like that with the girl. That close. That at ease. 

« Here. » She handed the candies but Hyejeong refused to take it, shaking her head cutely.

« Ani. Like before. » She said playfully with a childish smile.

Seolhyun laughed at the girl’s attitude and got the candy’s paper off, placing the candy on the tip of Hyejeong’s lips who made it fall into .

It had only been their first real talk and they sure felt like it was their hundredth one.

 

 

 

______________________________________________

 

 

 

~ Hey guys ! I'm finally back with a quite long chapter compared to my other chapters :p

All of your comments guys, it makes my heart flutter. Comments have so much meanings on a site like that, especially when you spend hours writing something like that.

I hope it was worth the wait :) I really did not have the time to update because of school but today, when I was fianlly done with my huge 4 hours biology test, I run to my computer and started typing so I basically spent 5 hours on it lol

How did you find it ? We finally know what's the deal with Mina and Hyejeong and the possession thing + a little bit of seoljeong fluff ehe

I luv u guys !

 

 

- Your "back from the dead" authornim