Merry Christmas

I'm Not Crazy

« Do you feel any change ? » Seolhyun asked, sitting on the expensive chair which faced the patients’ long couch. Hyejeong nodded slightly.

« Do you feel a bit dizzy ? » She then asked. Hyejeong nodded again. 

Ok, this is going great. This is working. 

« Remember, you still act zombie alike in front of the others. » She added, earning another nod from the older one. 

At that moment, Yuna entered the office without even knocking, an habit she had taken lately. 

« How’s our little zombie doing ? » She asked jokingly, in an unexpectedly good mood.

« She’s doing quite good. » Seolhyun answered, happily puzzled. « Why do you look that… happy ? »

« I don’t know… christmas’s magic perhaps ? » She said with an excited face. 

« Right, christmas.. »

« Oh, why so much sadness in your voice ? Christmas is an happy day ! You’ve got to smile and things like that ! What are you doing this year ? Are you celebrating with family ? Friends ? »

« Alone. » 

Yuna’s eyes widened in shock. How could Seolhyun spend Christmas alone ? She sat next to the girl and looked at her with an excited smile.

« You know, I’m alone as well so… Why don’t we spend Christmas together ! » She proposed excitedly. 

« This is.. a good idea. Why not ? »

« GREAT ! We’re gonna have so much fun ! »

« Yeh, so, my place or yours ? »

« I think yours is way bigger than mine, so I think yours would be better. » Yuna said with a little smile and then looked at Hyejeong who was still here. « I wish you’d come too… And Mina… » At that moment her face brightened. « Imagine ! The four of us celebrating Christmas together ! Wouldn’t that be amazing ? »

« And unrealistic.. » Seolhyun returned Yuna to reality quite harshly. 

« Anyway ! See you later ! And tonight for christmas ! » She said and sticked out her tongue, leaving the office. 

 

 

 

            Let’s say Seolhyun and Yuna celebrated Christmas with a lot of enthusiast. And a lot of alcohol. The two were sitting on Seolhyun’s couch, lying would be a better picture though. 

« So, tell me about you, about the little Seolhyun. » Yuna asked with her drunk voice, her eyes almost closed. 

« Little Seolhyun, uh ? Aaargh, little Seolhyun was the perfect daughter. »

« You still are though, right ? »

« Yeh, we can say I’m still the perfect daughter. » She said jokingly. « But little Seolhyun ? Aaargh, such a cute girl. She had the best marks, the best smile, the best posture. The best dance moves ! »

« The what ? You danced ? » Yuna asked amazed, with a childish smile.

« Yes I did. I did ballet ! We were the ballet queens with my little sister. »

« Wait. You have a little sister ? And I learn it now ? »

« Yeh, I don’t really talk about my family, right ? »

« You never told me about your family but whatever ! Show me your dance moves ! » Yuna said with a huge and excited smile, sitting up on the couch which caused her to be a bit dizzy for a moment. 

« Brace yourself for perfection. » Seolhyun said with a proud smile, getting difficultly up. Seolhyun still had the moves, but the balance ? The bottles of Soju had washed the balance away and Seolhyun fell miserably on the ground as she was turning on herself, earning an extremely loud laugh from Yuna.

« Fabulous. » Seolhyun said as she got up and sat on the couch once again.

« Please tell me you’ll dance like that at my wedding ! You have to ! » Yuna pleaded.

« I’d love to but you can’t get married unless you’re straight and honey, you’re as straight as a spaghetti till it gets wet. »

« Talk for yourself ! I’m sure you’ve already thought about all the things you could do on your desk with Hyejeong once she’s clean. Or even on that long couch of yours uhuh. »

« The you’re talking about, I’m not a . What about you uh ? With Mina ? In her room uh ? I’m sure something already happened between you two.. » Seolhyun said with a mischievous smile.

« Nothing happened at all. Not that I would have min- Girl ! Do you realize we’re talking about having with girls from an asylum ? » Yuna exploded in laugher.

« It doesn’t feel like that though… » 

« What’s with Hyejeong that you fell in love with her ? Like, you’ve never really talked with her ! »

« First, I don’t think I fell in love. Second, I have no idea. » She said, throwing her head on the sofa’s backrest. « I feel like… I don’t know. It feels like there something which pushes me towards her. Like if we were connected. »

« Soulmates ? »

« Perhaps ? »

« Anyway, this is too much depressing. Let’s talk about little Seolhyun again. So, you were the perfect daughter, uh ? »

« That’s right. »

« There must have been something bad that happened to that little Seolhyun. Did you really have such a perfect life ? »

At that moment, Seolhyun's face darkened as memories came back to her. Those awful memories.

« Are you alright Seolhyun ? » Yuna asked worriedly, taking her friend’s hand between hers.

« Look.. I haven’t talked about it with anyone except with my sister. But because you became really important to me, I will tell you what happened. »

 

           « When I was around 7, a crazy guy began to kidnap little girls around my age. None of them were ever found. »

« Oh god, you’re talking about the guy who kidnaped 30 girls in Busan ? » 

« Yeh… well. We were coming back from school with my best friend and he was there and- » at that moment, Seolhyun’s voice cracked and you could feel the extreme pain she had been through all that time. « We recognized him cause policeman had showed us a picture of him and we were terrified cause we were only 7 you know. I couldn’t even move. She took my hand and I remember how Eunbyul looked at me. She wasn’t afraid. Well, I think she was but she didn’t want me to see that side of her. » Seolhyun started to feel tears forming at the corner of her eyes and her hands began to shiver uncontrollably. « She- She looked at me and smiled at me and whispered « Run. » and she let go of my hand and ran towards the guy who was already three steps away from us and god I felt like the entire world had fallen onto me. And I ran as fast as I could to the nearest house and luckily there was a lady who opened her door to me and then the police came and my parents but Eunbyul never came back. »

« Oh god… I’m so sorry I made you re-live all of that… »

« It’s ok, this is better for you to know about it. »

« This is horrible Seolhyun… »

« There’s more to the story though. A few years later, I was about 13-14, I started to receive letters from the guy. ‘You’re so special to me, Seolie.’ ‘You’re the only one I did not succeed in taking.’ ‘I admire your escape, Seolie.’ ‘We’ll meet soon, my dear Seolie.’ Seolie, Seolie, Seolie. He was obsessed with me so my parents called the police and I was under protection my entire teenage years. Eventually, they found him and put him in jail and he still is there. He never confessed what he did to the girls. »

« This is the most disturbing thing I’ve ever heard. You are the strongest person I know. Come here. » Yuna said, placing her arms around the younger one. 

 

 

 

___________________

 

 

~ Hey everyone, sorry about the faults, I'm leaving in a few but I really  wanted to post it now. It's a bit longer than what I usually post ehe, I was inspired ;)

We know about Seol's past, whooo, so disturbing, how did you react ? :p

 

- Your "in a hurry" authornim