Welcome to Radcliff

I'm Not Crazy

    You could hear the sound of heels walking down the pathway of the huge yard. It was quite a cold winter day for mid-November. The weather used to be sweet but this year, for no appearing reason, the weather seemed to be harsh. However, the wind did not mess up the hair of the girl who entered the institution. She had dark silky hair which suited her dark eyes perfectly. An harmonious visage with a mouth you could kill for. 

    

 

    A nun saw a long figure entering the building. It took her some time to figure out who she was. The staff here weren’t used to see such perfection, such class. The girl was wearing a simple long black coat which ended on her knees, letting appear her dark stockings and her luxurious black heels.

« You must be Kim Seolhyun, the new psychiatrist. » The nun said with a kind smile.

« I am. » Seolhyun replied with the same kind smile.

« My name is Seo Yuna, I’m in charge of kind of everything here, you’ll understand soon. » The girl said and winked, she then turned and started to walk, followed closely by Seolhyun.

« Ms. Park is waiting for you in her office. She’s kind of a scary person, you’ll see. Just be polite, listen to what she says and always look like what she’s saying is interesting. »

« It’s good to know, thanks. » The taller replied anxiously.

« Here we’re in the first aisle, the huge room over there » She said, pointing at a gigantic door « this is the main room. Every patients are here most of the time. It’s easier to keep an eye on them this way. »

 

 

    After 5 good minutes of walking, the girls arrived at a corridor with several doors.

« The one at the end of the corridor is Ms. Park’s office. I’ll wait for you here, it won’t take too much time. You’ll just have to sign the contract and stuff like that. » Yuna said, looking at Seolhyun with her usual kind smile.

« Thanks. » The taller replied and walked towards the huge door. Seolhyun knocked 3 times on the door and heard a calm voice saying « Come in. ». The girl did as said and bowed in respect at the woman. « Annyeonghaseyo. » She said politely with a smile. 

« You’re Kim Seolhyun, right ? Take a sit. » The girl said, pointing at the chair in front of her desk.

« I’m Mrs. Park, nice to meet you. »

« Nice to meet you as well. »

« So, here’s the contract. » The woman said, slipping a file with many papers on the wood of the desk. « You have to sign here. » She opened the file and pointed at a blank space with her pen « Here. » She added, turning the page. « And here. » She ended with a kind yet terrifying smile.

« Can I read it or do I have to sign it right now ? » Seolhyun asked hesitantly, holding her pen and swinging it lightly. 

Choa looked at her with a blank expression.

« Cutie, we’re in 1964, it’s just a contract, no nasty surprise in store. Just regular things. »

« Ok. » Seolhyun hesitantly looked down at the papers and signed it, earning a smile from her boss.

« Good girl. So, here’s your planning. » Choa slipt another file with other papers in it. « You’ll work everyday except the thursday. You understand we can’t give you your free day on Sundays since we often have visitors on that day, your presence might be quite useful around here. »

« Sure. »

« Yuna will explain you how the institution works. You can leave now. »

« Thank you. » Seolhyun bowed once again and walked towards the door.

« Oh and, Seolhyun ? »

« Yes ? » Seolhyun asked, turning to see the girl.

« Welcome at Radcliff Mental Institution. »

« Thanks. »

 

 

    Yuna was waiting in the corridor when she saw Seolhyun coming out of the office.

« So ? How was it ? » The redhead asked with an anxious smile.

« It was… ok, I guess ? » Seolhyun replied with a perplexed smile.

« Anyway, let’s visit. » Yuna said excitedly.

    The two of them walked through the institution. Yuna showed every room and their utility. The dormitory area, the bathing area, the medical area. And the main room, where every patients were.

The two walked through the room, meeting other nuns from time to time and quite funny patients like that Mina girl. Too bad she was diagnosed crazy. Anyway, a girl caught Seolhyun’s intention. 

« Who’s that girl over there ? The alone one, looking through the window. » Seolhyun asked intrigued.

« The brown haired girl ? » Yuna asked « She’s Shin Hyejeong. No one approaches her. She’s too dangerous they say. I’ve never had any problems with her though, perhaps because I’m not in charge of taking care of her. Just two or three male nurses take care of her, she’s too violent for women they say. Anyway, we’ll have plenty of time to talk about her later, let’s move. How about the kitchen ? » Yuna asked with an excited smile, walking towards a huge door.

Shin Hyejeong…

 

 

 

 

Hey guys ! I'm back ! Nothing much is going on in this chapter, it's just the beginning you know ;)

I really hope you'll all like it ! Love you guys !

 

- Your dear Pink Authornim