Chapter 9: "Is she the girl everyone calls me?"

My Last Words

    “Joshua what’s wrong with you lately. You’ve been quite upset.” Hyori asked him.

    “Nothing.” Joshua didn’t care to look at her.

    Joshua started to avoid her. He felt that he did Iseul wrong by falling in love with her younger twin, Hyori. He felt like a bad person. Lately he has been having dreams of Iseul coming back telling him he did her wrong. Everywhere Hyori was Joshua didn’t go near her. Even on one bed they didn’t share it anymore. He slept on the couch as she slept on the bed.

    “Why have you been ignoring me lately?” Hyori questioned.

    “It’s nothing.” Joshua replied.

    “That nothing is something. You can’t even look at me in the eye you won’t even be near-”

    “Think all you want.” Joshua starred out the window.

    Hyori walked to the room. Tears ran down her cheeks. She couldn’t understand why Joshua was being cold hearted.

 

***

 

An early morning Joshua was in another room doing something else. Hyori had a morning sickness. She ran into the bathroom and puked out her breakfast. She didn’t know what was up with her. She hasn’t threw up ever since she got drunk, before she met Joshua. She gently patted her forehead collecting the sweat from puking. She looked at herself in the mirror. Touching her cheeks. Lifting her arms and examining them. She looked down at her stomach and rubbed it.

    “Am I?” she spoke lowly.

    Hyori grabbed her phone out of her pocket and texted her friend.

 

***

 

    Hyori snuck outside without Joshua noticing to meet her friend.

    “Jeonghan.” Hyori hugged him.

    “It’s been so long.” Jeonghan hugged her as he patted her head.

    “Awh look at you all grown up about to start a little family. Who’s the father?” Jeonghan looked at her and smiled. He handed her a bag.

    “I’m not sure if I’m even pregnant. I’m not even ready for responsibility. I can’t even explain how dangerous it is to even have a little one around.” Hyori teared up.

    Jeonghan pulled her to his chest. “It’s okay. No matter how dangerous it is you always find a way through everything.”

    “You should get going before things get messy.” Hyori patted his shoulder.

    “Goodluck. Keep me updated.” Jeonghan walked to his car and drove away.

    She walked back into the house and back to the bathroom. She took the box out of the bag. Revealing the pregnancy box made her nervous. She read the instructions and took out a stick to pee on. While waiting the lines finally showed up. Turns out she was pregnant. She thought about how Joshua would react since he has been acting like she never existed. She walked back to the room to put away the other pregnancy tests. She opened the closet and tiptoed to put them on the high shelf. Her hand came across  two big box. She decided to take a look at them since she never saw these boxes before. They were pretty heavy. She used her strength and pulled the boxes down. The boxes fell down and everything fell out. She lost her balance and also fell on the floor. Pictures of Hyori and Joshua laid on the ground. She didn’t recall taking warming pictures with Joshua. She frowned her eyebrows and got on her feet while holding a picture.

    Joshua took the picture out of her hand. “Don’t you ever touch these stuff ever again.”

    “Joshua who is this girl?” Hyori felt confused.

    Joshua didn’t reply and continue putting everything in the box.

    “Joshua! Answer me! Is this Iseul? The girl everyone calls me.”

    “What does it matter!” He held her by the arms. “It’s not like you can ever replace your dead sister!” Hearing Iseul’s name just kills him inside.

    Hyori slapped Joshua on the face. He froze in shock. Hyori ran out the door in the cold. She crossed the street without looking. A car came at her and hit her. She fainted as her body collapse. The unknown guy got out of the car and checked her pulse. He threw her in the trunk and drove off.

    Joshua still in the room looking at the photos of him and Iseul on the floor. He picked up the picture and Hyori’s pregnancy test hid behind it. It fell out when Iseul fell while pulling out the boxes. Joshua laid eyes on the pregnancy test and picked it up. He ran outside to look for Hyori. He saw her phone on the ground. He ran to pick it up. Blood was on the ground. Joshua lost her. She could be in danger.

His phone beeped. He slid his finger across his phone screen to unlock it. A picture popped up and Hyori was tied up unconscious.

    “Come in time to save her or she will die along while Iseul.” Joshua read text message.

    

    ***

 

    Hyori awoke and everything was blurry. There was a light but everything around the light was darkness.

    “You're finally awake.” A deep voice spoke from the dark.

    Hyori freak out and looked at her hands which were chained to the ceiling which left her barely standing.

    “What do you want from me?” Hyori cried.

    The guy held a pocket knife and walked in front of her and revealed his face.

“Joshua…?” her voice trembled.

“Wrong. I’m Jisoo, the other twin.” Jisoo revealed himself. (IMAGINE JOSHUA/JISOO WITH A DEEP VOICE… oOMmfFgG!!!! *DIES*)

“What?!”

“Confusing huh? Just like how you didn’t know you had a twin.”

“What twin?”

“Joshua hasn’t told you? Awhh… poor little girl.” Jisoo ran the knife down her stomach. “I killed Iseul. I loved her until she turned her back on me.”

“Turned her back on you?” Hyori tilted her head.

“She found out I had a twin. Joshua was much better than me. He had everything. More like he stole the love of my life. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I killed her.”

“What does this have to do with me?” Hyori’s voice trembled.

“You're the love of Joshua’s life. He’s gonna go through what I felt when he stole the love of my life from me. You’re gonna be the price to everything.” Jisoo nicked her in the stomach, arm, legs, than he jabbed the knife into her stomach.

Hyori let out a moan. “My baby…” Hyori shed a tear.