Chapter 3: “You little ”

My Last Words

Chapter 3:

 

Hyori slept on Joshua's bed resting from her wound in a white tank top and shorts with bandage on her waist. Something fell outside the room that awoke her. She awoke as she opened her eyes and blinked many times to get a clear view. Someone outside kept making things fall. Hyori thought maybe the bad guys had found them. She got up and let out a grunt as she held onto her stomach. She grabbed a vase from the side and hit it against the bed frame. The vase cracked into sharp pieces and she was able to use it as a weapon. She walked towards the door biting her lips from the pain of her wound. Reaches for the doorknob and the door opened before she could put her hand on it. As the door opened, she swung the cracked vase at Joshua which left a scar on his right cheek. He caught her by the hand and looked at the cracked vase.
"Are you mentally crazy?" Joshua said calmly  as he raised his eyebrows.
"I heard noises out here and I thought it was the bad guys." She looked at Joshua's scar.
He took the vase out if her hand and threw it in the trash.
"Your face... it's bleeding." Hyori grabbed a towel on the desk next to her and cleaned his wound.
As she cleaned his cut Joshua stared at her. He couldn't stop staring at her, how much she just reminded him of Iseul. Hyori laid her eyes on his and stop cleaning his wound. They had a moment of staring at each other.
    Joshua took a hold of her risk. "I can take care of myself. Go get some rest."

He took her by the arm, but she refused to move.

He turned to look at her. “Do you want to go nicely or do I have to use strength on you?”

“I have had enough of rest. I want to wonder around. I..get bored” Hyori gave him a slight attitude. She shook her risk hard to get Joshua’s hand to release hers. She walked off to the kitchen and stumbled onto the ground from the lack of rest. She hit her the side of her stomach, where the wound was, on the ground. She let out a quiet moan. The wound started bleeding more and leaked through her white tank top. Joshua walked towards her and kneeled down and swept her off the floor in bridal style.

“Hey-” Hyori tried to wiggle her so that Joshua would let her down.

“Stop being so ignorant.” Joshua interrupted her.

Hyori stop and looked away as he carried her back to his bed. He put her on his bed and pull his blanket over her legs. He lifted her shirt.

    “Hey! What are you doing?” Hyori slapped his hand.

    “I’m going to re-bandage your wound. Look your blood leaked through the cloth and onto your tank top. I have to replace it. Just gonna lift up your tank top just a bit.”

    She let him lift up her shirt up to replace the bandage. She smiled as he carefully took off the bandage and replace them with clean ones. She didn’t think he would care about her. She kept staring at how handsome Joshua was. The way his jaw line stood out.

    Joshua pulled down her tank top and stood up. He walked out and came back in. He saw her smiling and felt a little bit of awkwardness. He carried a plate of food and put it on the table next to her.

    “Here, eat this and get some rest.” He walked out the door.

    “Could’ve of at least feed me.” She said in a disappointed tone and grabbed the plate of food.

    Joshua who stood behind the wooden door and heard her. He let out a chuckle and walked off into the living room.

 

***

 

    After a long rest Hyori walked over to the door while putting on her white coat because of the coldness in his house. She quietly walked to the living room cautiously incase Joshua saw her and told her to get some more rest. As she turned around Joshua was sleeping on the couch. She strolled over to him and looked at his pale face. He was sweating so much running a high fever and spoke out the name, Iseul, many times. She wondered who Iseul was. It didn’t sound familiar nor did it ring the bell.

    “Iseul… What a beautiful name…” She said leisurely.

    She notice something about his shoulder. It was lumpy and deformed. She pulled his shirt from the collar down to his shoulder to take a look. He had been shot near his heart, but it was more severe than hers. His blood leaked through the bandage causing it to be soaking wet. She walked back to Joshua’s room where she had rested in and grabbed the bandage kit. She walked swiftly to him and lifted up his upper body to take off his black shirt. His six packs showed as his shirt was lifted up. She unraveled his bandage and laid him down. Using the tweezers she pinched the bloody soaked cloth and threw it to the side. She cleaned up the wound and bandaged it up again. She took off her white coat and laid it over him to keep him warm. She rubbed her upper arms to get some warmth and went into the room to grab her purse. She walked to the door and put on her flats that she left in her bag. After slipping it on she left out the door.

 

***

 

    Clouds moved east while the wind blew along. Only wearing shorts and a tank top she was freezing cold. Goosebumps growing all over her body as she walked stiffly. She had to get to the drugstore to get some medicine and a few items from there. Since she never been in this town she made guesses while making turns. It took her about thirty minutes to get it there. She couldn’t go anymore, but she knew she had to get to Joshua.

As she crossed the street the store was right there. She hurried herself and pulled the door, but it was closed (awww, poor Hyori, I feel bad for her. FIGHTING!)

“Seriously.” She said under her breath as her teeth chattered.

She thought about finding another store by locating it onto her phone. She stuck her hands in her pockets. She had forgot her phone and let out a sigh. The place here wasn’t familiar, but she decided to just risk it. As she walked onto the sidewalk there were many people who honked at her, trying to holla. She just ignored them.

Finally she came across another drugstore. Took her like an hour. She ran to the door and opened it. Thank god it was opened. As she walked in the employee with the name tag, Seungkwan, stared at her think, how crazy is this woman wearing shorts and a tank top on a cold windy day. She walked down aisles looking for medicine. Her eyes followed down the column of medicine.

“Fever medication…here it is.” She said to herself and grabbed it.

Hyori walked to another section and grabbed a box of tea bags.

“Never seen a rich girl come into some place cheap.” A preppy voice came behind Hyori.

“Excuse me?” Hyori said with one eyebrow up.

“Look at you. Out here in the cold in some skin showing clothes. Trying to get money tonight or what?”

“You did not just-”

“Oh yes I did… Hoe.” She cut off Hyori.

“Look I don’t even know who you are and what kind of beef (slang for problem) I have with you.”

“Isuel don’t act like you don’t know me.”

“Isuel…” Hyori said to herself quietly and spoke. “I’m sorry. Who are you again?”

“I was the first love of Joshua’s life, Hwasa (she’s from Mamamoo) before he met your low quality .” Hwasa walked up to Hyori and was all up in her face.

“Low quality? (If you watched Seungkwan’s low quality video. You know what’s up. LOL). I’ll show you who’s the highest quality.”

Hyori dropped the stuff she carried immediately. She doesn’t like it when people insult her. She swiftly put her hands in Hwasa’s hair and clenched her blonde hair. Hwasa’s left hand held her hair as Hyori grabbed her right arm to her back which left her having no hands to fight Hyori back. Hyori felt someone grabbed her by the hair and pulled her down.

“Get up!” Hwasa’s bestfriend Hyolyn pulled Hyori by the arms to stand her up.

Hyolyn’s hands locked with Hyori’s. Hwasa fixed her hair and bit her lip.

“You little .” Hwasa backed handed Hyori.

Hyori let out a groan, but she had had much worse. Her lip was busted and bruised with a bit of blood. Hwasa’s ring left a deep cut on her right cheek. A mysterious guy grabbed Hwasa and pushed her to the side and he pulled Hyolyn from Hyori.

“You two can cause problem somewhere else. Leave her alone.” The mysterious guys defended Hyori.

Another dude pushed the mysterious guy and spoke in a swag tone. “Don’t mess with my girlfriend.”

“Vernon, let’s just leave.” Hwasa’s locked her arm with Vernon. She pulled Vernon out the door and Hyolyn followed after.

The mysterious guy picked up the items Hyori dropped and paid for it.

“Thanks. You didn’t have to-” Hyori thanked him.

“It’s fine. Couldn’t bare to let someone beautiful like you get into another person’s drama.” The mysterious guy let out a hand for a handshake. “I’m… (Find out who this mysterious guy is in the next chapter!)